🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

Sent you a PM

Please also for me :yum

• Like 1

Ugh I’ve missed out on most of these leaks too because I’ve been sleeping :weary_face:

That 15 second one sounds very promising tho.

Imagine if Los Unidades decided they’d make a comeback too:joy:

• Haha 3

Please also for me :yum

Can I have a PM as well? I can't wait : D

Can you and everyone else looking for the snippets please drop me a PM ? That makes it easier, thanks :)

• Like 2

Can you and everyone else looking for the snippets please drop me a PM ? That makes it easier, thanks :)

Its super nice of you to be offering to share the leak. I'll just wait for tmr to save you the trouble. But I think I'll bring back a concept from a previous era I like to call Leak Buddies.

The idea is you have a buddy or two on the forum, and if/when material leaks, instead of scrambling on this thread and flooding it with requests (and not content), your buddy will hopefully have it instead and leave you a PM. I find it works best if you have a buddy thats not in your timezone. So lets say im from Canada, I would find a buddy across the pond so that if one of us is sleeping, the other has a higher chance to be awake and around when the leak happens.

I'd really like to keep this thread tidy so people dont have to go through pages of junk every time they wake up! If you think its a good idea, i'll start a new thread so people can partner up. Drop a like or something and if I get enough, i'll make it.

• Like 9
  • Wow 2

Actually I think that first song (I could be you) plays like rock, you know.

That sounds like it was ripped straight from the NME in 1994

Stone Roses would be proud, can’t wait to hear that one in full.

The other track is fairly paint by numbers modern Coldplay, lots of oooh aahhhs and bombastic, not liking it

This is an interesting take. I like both but I agree that the first is definitely better. Actually, a friend of mine said that the second sounds like The Rolling Stones. They use choruses like that, too.

Can someone send me the snipets plz i want to hear them so bad hahaha

Can someone PM me as well? I just cannot wait

send me a PM.

I think that's a good idea from @jc90 ! Do make that thread.

I answered 21 PMs today LOL. And counting !

I am more of an oldplayer than a newplayer

To me the snipets sound very good, chris voice is clear and does not feel overproduced...and the guitars :heart_eyes:

• Like 4

I think that in Arabesque, that's actually Guy playing a Bass riff... What do y'all think?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Can you send it to me as well pls?

Can you send it to me as well pls?

me toooo plzz <3

Hi, can you please all SEND ME A PM instead of commenting in this thread ? This makes it so much easier for me, otherwise I have to go to each of your profiles and check if I can start a conversation with you etc and it takes so much time. Thanks ! ;)

• Like 5

Hi, can you please all SEND ME A PM instead of commenting in this thread ? This makes it so much easier for me, otherwise I have to go to each of your profiles and check if I can start a conversation with you etc and it takes so much time. Thanks ! ;)

Sure! You're 100% right. I'll do it

• Like 1

Love the snippets thus far, thought they expose very, very little.

The inevitable debate of whether it will be Oldplay or Newplay is in full swing on Discord and Reddit. Personally, these clips sound a bit more lively than I expected given the supposed album cover. The full tracks will tell the truth, but definitely sound like Coldplay. I wouldn't say this barely 15 seconds of music is experimental.

In summary:

Arabesque(?) - 5 seconds - Very funky guitar and bass, almost reminds me of Miracles Someone Special. Dark sounding.

Orphans(?) - 10 seconds - Sounds like AHFOD to me if Stargate hadn't produced it, and that's a GOOD THING. The instrumentation sounds really lush and the chorus sounds super super catchy. Getting almost Phil Collins vibes? Makes sense for a single. Heavy base, chiming guitars, percussion similar to AOAL.

• Like 7

To me as well please guys! Thank you!

Just a theory on the double album and the meaning of the 100 years working thing:

What if the songs are some unreleased or lost songs of previous eras!

That would explain why the sun and moon appears on one song for each era on YouTube!

1919, Previous Era, Back in time...

Makes sense to me

What do you think?

• Like 5