⭐️DISCUSS COLDPLAY'S RUMOURED UPCOMING ALBUM!🪐
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

Just confirmed on radio 1 that the singles will both be hottest records on Annie Macs show so I expect there will be some form of short interview.

• Like 4

Wow,

Had an amazing dream about the release this night, sunset was very very rythmic, Beyoncé and Thom Yorke were both involved:eek: Unfortunately woke up before the sunrise part started, so will have to wait for Orphans tonight to hear what the second part sounds like....:rolleyes::laughing:

• Like 2

Wow,

Had an amazing dream about the release this night, sunset was very very rythmic, Beyoncé and Thom Yorke were both involved:eek: Unfortunately woke up before the sunrise part started, so will have to wait for Orphans tonight to hear what the second part sounds like....:rolleyes::laughing:

Orphans the first single right? And Arabesque not the 2nd single?

Oh btw I hope someone will be recording Chris’ interview on BBC radio 1!

According to their Facebook page, the band is formed in 1919. I'm really curious what is all going on with this 1919 stuff

• Like 4

Yeah me too. And the whole jazz band thing. Cause it doesn’t fit with the Arabic theme they have going as well.

• Like 5

I have a sense this album will be quite similar to AHFOD rather than Viva. Viva seems to be the gold standard in regards what people want to see from the bands ‘experimentation’ but I predict we’ll see songs like AHFOD, Birds, Fun etc

I think that rockier track will be an Up&Up or AOAL equivalent, but it’s hard to say from only a snippet.

• Like 5

Some people say it will be pop / E-Lo ish. While others say it's really Viva like.

I didn't hear the leaks myself (and I don't want to) but you hear really different opinions depending on who you ask.

I'm excited, only 9 hours left :laughing:

I ve been sleeping xD is Chris or the whole band going to be on BBC Radio 1? Is that confirmed?

• Like 2

As already mentioned, I think the snippets sounds like something that could've been taken out of Vampire Weekends's Father of the Bride. Sounds lovely though!

I hate that we have too sleep during an album release process :joy::joy::joy:

• Like 4

Radio1 broadcasted a short preview of the interview minutes ago. They said that the interview was recorder weeks ago

• Like 4

Radio1 broadcasted a short preview of the interview minutes ago. They said that the interview was recorder weeks ago

Did anyone recorded it?

• Like 1

Did anyone recorded it?

it’ll still be up on iPlayer, what time was it broadcast? I just tried to skip though Greg James’ show but I couldn't find it.

When I heard the snippets from AHFOD I figured Birds and Fun would be two of the relatively small number of songs I'd like. I was right. I trust my instincts, Peppy. (Star Fox 64 reference). Is the first song Orphans and the second Arabesque or do I have it backwards?

Edit: Yes, I have it swapped.

I think both snippets are from the same song. If you listen close you can hear the same bass line in both the snippets. Plus the drum/beat structure is the same. Or did I hear a different snippet? (it's about 15 sec long)

I think both snippets are from the same song. If you listen close you can hear the same bass line in both the snippets. Plus the drum/beat structure is the same. Or did I hear a different snippet? (it's about 15 sec long)

What snippets? :(

• Like 1

He played AOAL at around 7 AM and mentioned the Annie Mac 7 PM interview and the 7:30 PM release. No preview of the interview.

• Like 1

He played AOAL at around 7 AM and mentioned the Annie Mac 7 PM interview and the 7:30 PM release. No preview of the interview.

Yea just heard that

• Like 1

Could the song Son of Adam be about Seth Cain and Abel?

I think it's about the eponymous poem by Iranian poet Saadi, which is quoted on the poster

• Like 2

According to their Facebook page, the band is formed in 1919. I'm really curious what is all going on with this 1919 stuff

My thinking is that it's just Chris' sense of humour - I suspect it's an album of songs from the cutting room floor from their entire career and Chris being Chris, instead of saying "from the last 20 years" said "the last 100 years" because that's his sense of humour, and that stuck and they ran with it.

• Like 11

Jo Whiley went through the album track-by-track on her Radio 2 show last night after playing Magic..let’s just say teaser that was more informative than this!:joy:

Not sure if anyone else heard it, but she said she liked the album, especially "When I Need a Friend". She said also that there is some classic-Coldplay stuff as well as non-classic Coldplay and that there is nothing currently in the music world that you can compare the album to.

• Like 8
  • Love 3