🏆 VOTE COLDPLAY AT THE MTV EMA'S 🏆
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

Agreed I think 2020 would be an awesome time to release a new album

Imagine if LP8 was an instrumental album LOL

BRING BRIAN ENO BACK FFS

• Like 6

And Jon Hopkins!!!

And Avicii! Oh no wait...

Yikes....too soon....

Totally agree... If they release something next year, there are a lot of possibilities that the new album will be influenced by the AHFOD era (colourful, poppier and optimistic). If they sepparate the releases between several years, the influence will be less and less, they'll be able to see things in a new perspective to write totally new music. I think a lot of us don't want an AHFOD Part 2 album. This era was great, I know, but I hope they did something a bit different this time like, I don't know, 80s-like music? xD I'd love something with a lot of classical music influence tho.

Anyway, there's no way for us to figure this out right now, but I bet this thing is going to be pop all over again... :p

Previously in this photo, I had already commented something about this, but I lost the idea and I could not recover it, what I mean is that, we have to see how an LP8 could be in future years, let's see Muse, apens released their album with titles similar or almost with the look of the synthpop, electropop, genres that dominated in the 80s, and is that, in the average internet community, the genres like the aforementioned, begin as you recover, cierat strength in the musical field , then, maybe that could be a key piece to know, as could be the future of the band.

• Like 1

So I found another rumour telling that something's happening next year...

Woodstock 2019. The post reads that this information is taken from 'a private presentation' and the official announce is coming soon. I'm providing the link to the post.

upload_2018-11-17_14-58-42.png.86dd0449a6ee14d90a3a964c8ed55f36.png

• Like 5

And Jon Hopkins!!!

And Avicii! Oh no wait...

Coldplay + Brian Eno + Jon Hopkins = "Viva La Midnight", the 8th album!

• Like 4

[MEDIA=twitter]1063811076305883137[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/ali_donizete/status/1063811076305883137?s=21

Thoughts. ? This lady claims she logged into the official Quebec festival website and a test lineup outline was trialled & these are the headliners.

Very interesting. I want to believe all these rumors and whatnot but it's hard to see them start touring so soon. Could just be a few festival gigs though. Who knows, they did say they will be full of surprises.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Don't want to offend anyone but seeing Coldplay in one line-up with Nicki Minaj and Imagine Dragons is pretty disappointing for me.

• Like 6

Well, today a new story appears in a Galician newspaper that says Coldplay could perform this summer at a festival in Galicia (Spain).

They already made a rumor a few months ago, but now they say that new sources have told them that there have been contacts, and that in addition Chris Martin was the other day at the wedding of the daughter of the owner of Inditex (a Spanish multinational company based precisely there in Galicia, she owns Zara, Pull and Bear and these clothing stores).

It could make sense if we take into account that there were also rumors that they were going to another festival in Portugal, very close to there.

Here is the new (in spanish):

https://www.farodevigo.es/sociedad/2018/11/19/coldplay-camino-galicia/2001306.html

• Like 3

Well, today a new story appears in a Galician newspaper that says Coldplay could perform this summer at a festival in Galicia (Spain).

Interesting. There's more and more information. And we can notice that all these rumoured festivals are not top-class ones so to say. I'm really looking forward to what's going to be next.

• Like 1

So I have created this fundraiser using the OXFAM website to help aid those in need in Indonesia following the tsunami which devastated Sulawesi earlier in 2018. All along the way I am hoping Coldplay can help give some incentives to push for more fundraising and more giving. Us Coldplayers often expect music on a streaming service or for a small fee but I want to be part of something more and push for something greater with you all.

[MEDIA=soundcloud]

[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://soundcloud.com/user-484772915/coldplay-the-race

Share on Social media - https://my.oxfam.org.au/fundraiser/view/6952

Any donation helps guys!!

• Like 2

Concerning that quite a number of summer festivals have already started announcing line-ups I hope we can get some official info pretty soon.

• Like 4

So I have created this fundraiser using the OXFAM website to help aid those in need in Indonesia following the tsunami which devastated Sulawesi earlier in 2018. All along the way I am hoping Coldplay can help give some incentives to push for more fundraising and more giving. Us Coldplayers often expect music on a streaming service or for a small fee but I want to be part of something more and push for something greater with you all.

[MEDIA=soundcloud]

[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://soundcloud.com/user-484772915/coldplay-the-race

Share on Social media - https://my.oxfam.org.au/fundraiser/view/6952

Any donation helps guys!!

I shared on my YT channel as well!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

All this makes me think that they're saving "The Race" for LP8, It sounds like a 90's house track mashed up with U2 hahaha. It's crazy but sounds AMAZING!!! That bass is so melodic.

Definitely has AHFOD vibe to it, but it also sounds way less pop-oriented. It makes me wonder if LP8 is going to be -- and stay with me here -- a prog rock-pop album?

So Coldplay's always had some prog-rock vibes, especially in the X&Y and Viva eras. But more recently I felt that AICTAIY, ALIENS, and Hypnotised all sort of borrow from that genre. And of course Mat says "The Race" was really long last time he heard it, and to me it sounds like a weird electro-house prog rock song?

It's a genre that loose enough that it would allow Coldplay to keep their pop appeal while also delving into some truly weird/different and unCONVENTIONAL territories. I'm talking 8-10 minute tracks that mix instrumental sections with explosive choruses and ambient breakdowns. Even Life Is Beautiful felt inspired by old 70's/80's rock.

• Like 8

All this makes me think that they're saving "The Race" for LP8, It sounds like a 90's house track mashed up with U2 hahaha. It's crazy but sounds AMAZING!!! That bass is so melodic.

Definitely has AHFOD vibe to it, but it also sounds way less pop-oriented. It makes me wonder if LP8 is going to be -- and stay with me here -- a prog rock-pop album?

So Coldplay's always had some prog-rock vibes, especially in the X&Y and Viva eras. But more recently I felt that AICTAIY, ALIENS, and Hypnotised all sort of borrow from that genre. And of course Mat says "The Race" was really long last time he heard it, and to me it sounds like a weird electro-house prog rock song?

It's a genre that loose enough that it would allow Coldplay to keep their pop appeal while also delving into some truly weird/different and unCONVENTIONAL territories. I'm talking 8-10 minute tracks that mix instrumental sections with explosive choruses and ambient breakdowns. Even Life Is Beautiful felt inspired by old 70's/80's rock.

Thanks for your input and thoughts! Now this is definitely a musical direction I would like the Coldplay to embrace during the process of making their next album.

• Like 4

What if Life is Beautiful and The Race we’re on the new LP8!!!!????

Now that’s definitely something to think about. Life is Beautiful could easily become the In My Place of the Parachutes tour

• Like 4

What if Life is Beautiful and The Race we’re on the new LP8!!!!????

Now that’s definitely something to think about. Life is Beautiful could easily become the In My Place of the Parachutes tour

Was about to say that... Sometimes they performed songs from their upcoming album, like Animals and In My Place before AROBTTH came out... Maybe that's why they didn't include Life Is Beautiful on the live recordings of the upcoming live albums...

About The Race, it's also possible that they release that track, just remember how ALIENS was featured on an old documentary around 2009? Years later we got the full track...

Anyway, maybe they'll do the oposite and release just brand new songs altogether...

• Like 4

I really like your idea! But anyway it's for the band to decide how everything would sound in the end. I mean, there are a lot of cases when bands debut songs at gigs and songs (or songs' demos) are gorgeous and stuff but then they ruin them in the studio and 80% of fans say thing like "urgh, what a total flop that is. wish they never released it at all".

Damn, I really start thinking that I'm the main pessimist around here but come on, I'd rather be positively surprised than have all my hopes and dreams thrown into a trash bin.

• Like 2

God! This is gonna be a tough few months again I have already made a habit of checking this thread twice a day. It can't be healthy

• Like 10

I really like your idea! But anyway it's for the band to decide how everything would sound in the end. I mean, there are a lot of cases when bands debut songs at gigs and songs (or songs' demos) are gorgeous and stuff but then they ruin them in the studio and 80% of fans say thing like "urgh, what a total flop that is. wish they never released it at all".

Damn, I really start thinking that I'm the main pessimist around here but come on, I'd rather be positively surprised than have all my hopes and dreams thrown into a trash bin.

Haha no worries. I think you're totally right. Studio versions often lose their luster. For Kaleidiscope EP for example, I was so so so excited for Jonny's guitar solo on AICTAIY and the string section on Miracles (Someone Special). But then when the studio version dropped both of those elements were mixed to be super quiet. I love those songs, but will never get over the mix!!

• Like 1

Agreed I think 2020 would be an awesome time to release a new album

Imagine if LP8 was an instrumental album LOL

I was thinking about exactly this, this morning! Personally, I would :heart:LOVE:heart: an instrumental album. The instrumentals on the Prospekt's March EP especially, are absolutely beautiful. Not sure that it's a realistic move but I would sure love it!

• Like 4