🛒 SHOP THE NEW CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COLLECTION 🛒
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

1. AROBTTH

2. X&Y

3. VLV

4. GS

5. EL Sunrise (Arabesque is great)

6. P

7. EL Sunset

8. MX

9. AHFOD

1. VLV

2. GS

3. AROBTTH

4. AHFOD

5. Parachutes

6. MX

7. X&Y

Where Everyday Life stands, I'll try to fit it in, but it looks a top three contender for me.

1. VLV

2. GS

3. AROBTTH

4. AHFOD

5. Parachutes

6. MX

7. X&Y

Where Everyday Life stands, I'll try to fit it in, but it looks a top three contender for me.

y so low on x&y

• Like 2

Really ? Where ? :O

Check out the chorus part in the studio version. Especially the high notes are 'too straight' to sound natural, I think.

• Like 1

I was intoxicated and balled my eyes out to the live version of Everyday Life and then again when I downloaded the studio version. This era is going to destroy my emotions

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

My album rating so far:

1. Viva

2. MX

3. X a. Y

4. AROBTTH

5. Parachutes

6. GS

7. AHFOD

after 3 songs i would see Everyday Life between 3. and 4. Place

1. AROBTTH

2. Parachutes

3. GS

4. Viva

5. MX

6. AHFOD

7. X&Y

With the current songs, I would put EL above GS but underneath Parachutes.

I think it's too soon to start thinking where the album will rank in our personal list but I'm curious too

My ranking is:

1. AROBTTH

2. X&Y

3. Ghost Stories

4. VLVODAAHF

5. Parachutes

6. Mylo Xyloto

7. AHFOD

I wonder if EL can top my love for Ghost Stories.

Hard to rank to be honest but I know for sure it’ll rank better than AHFOD. :no_mouth:

• Like 5

OK, guess my preliminary album ranking based on the expected sound of EL is:

1. AROBTTH / X&Y

2. Parachutes

3. Viva

4. Everyday Life

5. GS

6. AHFOD

7. MX

• Like 2

There's something in Everyday Life (song) that really caught me. Perhaps its sheer rawness and the emotions/message it conveyed. As for someone who had a rough year, I can tell you the song is a nice pat in the back, a warm hug from friend. Although it's too early to place the new album, I'll probably go with this ranking for now.

1. A Rush of Blood to the Head

2. Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends

3. Mylo Xyloto

4. X&Y

5. Everyday Life

6. Parachutes

7. Ghost Stories

8. A Head Full of Dreams

• Like 2

I bet this is from when I need a friend and if so I’m already tearing up ... photo came from coldplayxtra on Twitter .. this album is going to be amazing , and honestly I’ve never looked forward to a live performance as much as the one from Jordan I think it’s gonna be every emotion there is .. 332BF804-F4C4-41A0-B2E2-958E3D82D379.thumb.png.17733ca7c8b211dd19d7f9a4754b7494.png

• Like 6

Wow! Everyday Life is a truly special song, it gives me crazy VLV/AROBTTH vibes, The strings, the guitar, the piano, amazing song! It’s what we’ve been asking for for a couple of eras now, I am truly in love with it!

On the other hand, the live performance of Orphans was INSANE! It sounds even more old-school live than it does in the album, it’s an incredible song as well, this is truly a very special era and I really can’t wait to see what the rest of the album sounds like but it seems to be the album we’ve all been asking for

i agree!! i was telling my sister who was (disgrutlingly :joy:) watching with me that both performances seemed to tap back into some of their older styles, especially everyday life. glad to see others agree! still havent listened to the studio version yet but very excited too, the snl performances set my expectations high.

Not sure if I stole this idea or not, but interesting though nonetheless:

Having heard 3 of the songs, at its current trajectory, where would you rank Everyday Life as an album amongst the LPs Coldplay has put out so far?

I know, wayyy too soon, plus the full album is coming in a few weeks, but thought id ask!

dang thats hard! idk yet, definitely higher then ahfod but other than that im not sure. i really like both of coldplay’s poppier albums so idk how it’ll rank in comparison to those. not hitting older viva or robtth or parachutes era stuff but we’ll see.

heres sorta what it looks like now

1. parachutes

2. viva

3. robtth

4. mylo

5. ghost stories

6. everyday life

7. x and y

8. ahfod

• Like 1

Why are we including Everyday Life in a ranking system before hearing the album?

3 of 16 songs have been released....

• Like 4

Too early for a ranking from me (especially since I'm holding out on listening to EL until the full album drops), but it seems promising so far. I put it above MX/GS/AHFoD, but not sure if it will climb above any of their older albums :D

Why are we including Everyday Life in a ranking system before hearing the album?

3 of 16 songs have been released....

Because I asked and mentioned I understand how early it is. If you think its silly, thats because it is. I mean, we're allowed to be silly sometimes, right?

• Haha 1

Everyday Life is so beautiful. I feel this is the kind of song we wanted Everglow to be. It's even better live and it reminds me a bit of Elbow. This is truly the Coldplay I want to hear! Thanks boys for another beautiful gem.

Agreed! Love the new song. Arabesque also reminded me a bit of Elbow in a way.

• Like 1

Wanted to try and keep from listening to any more songs released before the album but caved and listened to Everday Life.

So 3 songs out, presumably another one before the album release. If there's at least 4 interludes/voice memos/intros on there that could leave 8 songs plus the bonus track left to listen to upon release. I guess that's not too bad considering there were like 2 songs left that we hadn't heard by the time Ghost Stories was released

Everyday life has hints of Amsterdam. But with strings, If this continues EL might be their best yet for me. It matches the quality we got with the first few VLVADAAHF singles but slightly more personal as they share their views on this life.

I can’t imagine the rest of the album disappointing so for me could easily get to the top and beat VLV but we’ll see. If not probably 2nd to VLV... these songs are each so unique and yet share this production quality I’m really digging... I’m beyond excited to hear this album entirely over and over

• Like 1

I am still curious about the B&W videos on YouTube. Why those ones?? I had a few theories but none are true.

I hope we find out upon the album's release, they surely didn't just randomly do it for nothing right??

Not sure if I stole this idea or not, but interesting though nonetheless:

Having heard 3 of the songs, at its current trajectory, where would you rank Everyday Life as an album amongst the LPs Coldplay has put out so far?

I know, wayyy too soon, plus the full album is coming in a few weeks, but thought id ask!

I think my ranking is:

1. AROBTTH

2. GS

3. P

4 / 5. X&Y or VLVODAAHF dependent on mood

6. MX

7. AHFOD

If EL keeps on this trajectory, it'll probably be 3.