🏆 VOTE ORPHANS AT THE MTV VMAS 🏆
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

I have to look at where the songs released so far are in the set list. By this theory:

Sunrise

Early songs are playful, joyful

Early to middle are a bit more jolting, as reality hits in young adulthood

Then songs show struggles and learning and yearning to go back to younger, more adventurous times (here’s where I hear Orphans coming in)

Then more calm, steady, content themes as one becomes more comfortable with themselves in their forties

Sunset

Reflective songs open, as middle age sets in and we start looks no back

Bursts of adventure and restlessness represent retirement in the middle,

Maybe then more longing to go back, more adventures and struggles

Late songs are calmer, but show struggles of losing control over one’s body and life

Again, a peaceful close.

Sorry if these stereotypes of life stages do not represent someone’s experiences. If not, please add to this concept from your perspective, if you don’t think it’s already off path.

• Like 5

Ok, I agree with you, @I ran away. I went back and listened to Everyday Life, and the line “got to keep dancing when the lights go out” is what got my theory started. That song is in the right place. Maybe this idea holds, with the rest of the songs not necessarily in order??

• Like 1

Interesting theories! Also is there some kind of unifying spoiler policy on discussion of EL the track? I am one of those people trying to not listen to it or know too much about it before the album comes out since it's the CLOSING track.

Without having heard the title track, the album's name, theme, and sunrise/sunset motifs make me think a lot of the music video for Oasis's the Masterplan - I was reminded me of this with the comment about Everyday Life potentially representing just one day:

• Like 3

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9562]9562[/ATTACH]

Why are most songs 4:26?

4:26

yep

• Like 2

Also, before I forget, I want to confirm:

The live concerts in Jordan, they'll be happening at 11 PM EST on 21 November and then 9 AM EST on 22 November I believe?

That would make it 5 AM BST November 22 and 7 PM BST November 22.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong I just want to make sure I'm able to tune in at the right time haha

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9562]9562[/ATTACH]

Why are most songs 4:26?

This must be a software bug, considering the total length of the album.

• Like 1

I have to look at where the songs released so far are in the set list. By this theory:

Sunrise

Early songs are playful, joyful

Early to middle are a bit more jolting, as reality hits in young adulthood

Then songs show struggles and learning and yearning to go back to younger, more adventurous times (here’s where I hear Orphans coming in)

Then more calm, steady, content themes as one becomes more comfortable with themselves in their forties

Sunset

Reflective songs open, as middle age sets in and we start looks no back

Bursts of adventure and restlessness represent retirement in the middle,

Maybe then more longing to go back, more adventures and struggles

Late songs are calmer, but show struggles of losing control over one’s body and life

Again, a peaceful close.

Sorry if these stereotypes of life stages do not represent someone’s experiences. If not, please add to this concept from your perspective, if you don’t think it’s already off path.

But Orphans is on Sunset...

• Like 1

This must be a software bug, considering the total length of the album.

maybe one song Is that long like guns or trouble in town

• Like 1

maybe one song Is that long like guns or trouble in town

Yes, probably

So I'm sitting here in the student center of my university listening to Orphans. The song ends, I take off my headphones, and walk into the food court to get some lunch. Immediately I hear the opening notes of Arabesque coming from the kitchen. I finish grabbing my food and sit down at a table nearby as Arabesque finishes. And then Everyday Life plays!

I love coincidences like this. :D I'm glad to hear these songs out in public, too -- they deserve the exposure.

• Like 7

So I'm sitting here in the student center of my university listening to Orphans. The song ends, I take off my headphones, and walk into the food court to get some lunch. Immediately I hear the opening notes of Arabesque coming from the kitchen. I finish grabbing my food and sit down at a table nearby as Arabesque finishes. And then Everyday Life plays!

I love coincidences like this. :D I'm glad to hear these songs out in public, too -- they deserve the exposure.

i hear orphans all the time on the radio which is cool

• Like 2

Just an idea,

Anyone else thinks that the little rant on Liam during their "press conference" in fact has something to do with him on the record ?

Im not talking about vocals or sth like that. If someone here knows his recent record there is a song called "Halo" - a nice little groovy and progressive bastard :D and somewhat chaotic.

Its just me but immediately as i saw the tracklist for Everyday Life, Trouble in Town was the song i thought it could be something really similar. And since they obviously teased Cry Cry Cry and BrokEn as well, why not Trouble in Town with this funny hommage to Liam.

Anyway,for all of you that dont know the tune:

View: https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=411904882826810&_rdr

• Like 3

Also, before I forget, I want to confirm:

The live concerts in Jordan, they'll be happening at 11 PM EST on 21 November and then 9 AM EST on 22 November I believe?

That would make it 5 AM BST November 22 and 7 PM BST November 22.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong I just want to make sure I'm able to tune in at the right time haha

check the dedicated thread, I posted a countdown, Im pretty sure you have 11pm right, but not sure about 9am

check the dedicated thread, I posted a countdown, Im pretty sure you have 11pm right, but not sure about 9am

Didn't know there was a thread for it!

Thanks a bunch, I'll check it out for sure, wouldn't wanna miss it :)

Btw Guns and TiT aren’t going to be the next singles, they just appear without the bar and ‘album only’ because they’re explicit, that’s just what iTunes does

• Like 9

Btw Guns and TiT aren’t going to be the next singles, they just appear without the bar and ‘album only’ because they’re explicit, that’s just what iTunes does

Oh thank you for your explaining.

Sorry for the wrong guessing.

☀️

• Like 1

TiT is a very unfortunate abbreviation.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

imagine a Everyday Life tour where drunks hold up giant we want TiT posters

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

imagine a Everyday Life tour where drunks hold up giant we want TiT posters

What would be worse is aspiring musicians in the crowd holding up "can I play on TiT"? signs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2