🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

Ramble incoming addressing recent interviews:

Agree with the GS/AHFOD comparison for potential LP8/LP9 comparison. Makes me somewhat worried for whatever's next. AHFOD is my least fave Coldplay album, but I think part of that is the production by Stargate and some of the songwriting (Fun, XMTS), not the timing. So maybe LP9 will slap and it's dumb to worry?

Overall though, I feel there's this constant see-saw between "We just want to release whatever we're feeling and don't care about what others think," and "We just want to release whatever we're feeling and some people didn't like our last thing so...." Like Chris referencing people not liking the superbowl performance is the same mentality the band had post X&Y: "We want to be the world's best band, not the biggest." For what it's worth, I loved the performance and it's focus on inclusivity and color.

So Chris might say he doesn't care about what people think, but that's clearly not true. He'll say "it's very personal" but I'm sorry, Ghost Stories is one of the most impersonal break up albums ever. The lyrics on the Everyday Life track are as generalized as possible. The reason some people hate Chris is because his lyrics can come off as, well, like the thoughts of a 7th grader just figuring out heartbreak or that war is bad. I still love this music, but (most) Coldplay songs are extremely accessible and broad. So when Chris doesn't answer questions during interviews or says "we're not going to promote this" or "its very personal and different sounding," I am skeptical/frustrated. I hope EL proves me wrong and actually digs deeper. For every Guns, there's a Princess of China though....

• Like 6

Why are people being so negative? Everyday Life isn't even out yet and you're already being negative about Album 9

• Like 4

Why are people being so negative? Everyday Life isn't even out yet and you're already being negative about Album 9

who is being negative

@"lennyrott1

I fully agree.

Of course Chris (and probably also the rest of the band) care about what people think of their music. They definitely want the audience to love their songs. If they didn't care at all, they wouldn't even release any music, but play together behind closed doors. They want to please at least those who like their music, but they are still upset about those who critizise them. Chris still seems to be very sensitive to the - as I think unfair - criticism they received for their Superbowl performance, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it.

But I don't worry as much as you about LP9 (we don't even know for sure whether they have planned another album after EL).I quite like most of their 'poppy' songs.

• Like 6

So Chris might say he doesn't care about what people think, but that's clearly not true. He'll say "it's very personal" but I'm sorry, Ghost Stories is one of the most impersonal break up albums ever. The lyrics on the Everyday Life track are as generalized as possible. The reason some people hate Chris is because his lyrics can come off as, well, like the thoughts of a 7th grader just figuring out heartbreak or that war is bad. I still love this music, but (most) Coldplay songs are extremely accessible and broad. So when Chris doesn't answer questions during interviews or says "we're not going to promote this" or "its very personal and different sounding," I am skeptical/frustrated. I hope EL proves me wrong and actually digs deeper. For every Guns, there's a Princess of China though....

I agree about Ghost Stories. It comes off as if they had no time to make the songs better and they just threw together something hurriedly. I like the lyrics of Everyday Life. It's not going to floor you but it's pretty emotional, to say the least. Yes, the music is better than the lyrics on this track but hey, there are definitely Coldplay songs like that. It's probably the weakest lyrically of the three and a piece of songs we've heard. I think the violins add weight to it, though.

• Like 3

Gonna be honest with y'all, the fact that Orphans is the AHFOD sound yet produced so much better and, unlike 90% of that album, sounds genuinely happy and energetic, proves to me that Coldplay never needs to work with Stargate again if they want to make another poptimistic record.

• Like 7

I could be wrong but aren't they teaming up with Stargate on Church?

• Like 2

I think by personal he means it's his/their personal view on the (frankly depressing and at times hopeless, infuriating) state of the world.

But I couldn't help noticing either that he looks VERY old and exhausted in the recent appearances. His face looks quite haggard at times. I know he isn't getting any younger, but I have to admit he often looks way older than 42 at the moment.

It’s the haircut.

• Like 3

who is being negative

My ramble was somewhat negative, and for that I apologize. Maybe it's the angst of knowing we have 2 long weeks before the album drops, maybe it's just the inherent cynicism of an Oldplayer.

Despite some of my harsh words, I really am stoked about this new era and have my hopes up higher than anything since Viva. And the fact that we could be getting LP9 in 2020 is reason for even more excitement.

• Like 1

I am super excited too especially since what has been released this far tops the last 3 albums IMO.

• Like 1

20191108_190410.thumb.png.1b30d2cda027fbaac9a265619d6b2614.png

the 1st and 4th from right to left I believe is WINAF.

With no parachute and into the universe look similar in color but no clue on song I'm gonna guess Sunrise

• Like 2

Coldplay has been around for over 20 years at this point. Chris has always tended to be a songwriter who focuses on the beauty of simplicity in lyrics. I don't know why it seems like people are thinking suddenly there will be this 180 change in songwriting unless you want someone other than Chris to write them. But I bet those who complain about his songwriting would also complain about that. Look at all the bitching about collabs or producers. It's frankly annoying. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. I understand if you don't like the music. But don't complain because you want Coldplay to be something they are not.

• Like 8

People saying Chris looks old, haggard, couldn't manage a tour...

Bob Dylan has looked like an extra from Nightmare on Elm Street for over a decade now, hasn't stopped him bringing his genius to all four corners of the globe. And Chris looks fine for a guy in his 40s. He looks like...a guy in his 40s. He's not Mr Burns just because he doesn't look like he did in The Scientist video anymore.

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

Bob Dylan has looked like an extra from Nightmare on Elm Street for over a decade now, hasn't stopped him bringing his genius to all four corners of the globe. And Chris looks fine for a guy in his 40s. He looks like...a guy in his 40s. He's not Mr Burns just because he doesn't look like he did in The Scientist video anymore.

They were probably just guessing at numbers and figures

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

[ATTACH=full]9605[/ATTACH]

this was probably originally conscious pilot

At this point I wonder if Conscious Pilot has just been renamed...

I'm sure they're all still a little bit tired after that massive AHFOD tour. No need to do that again for a while. They've said they don't really feel the need to please everybody anymore, maybe taking more time for themselves is part of this new mindset.

If anybody is really showing their age, honestly it's Jonny, but maybe it's just the beard that makes me think so.

[ATTACH=full]9606[/ATTACH]

someone already heard When I Need a Friend and it seems it is a very catchy tune!

I've been really intrigued by this song. I think it was Annie Mac who said it's a tear-jerker? Interesting that at the same time it's that catchy, assuming this person isn't another Kirboh making things up.

• Like 1

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9606]9606[/ATTACH]

someone already heard When I Need a Friend and it seems it is a very catchy tune!

When I Need A Friend: "Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, makes me cry everytime"

Doesn't sound catchy to me

• Like 1

Hmmm I’m not gonna trust this. Lol.

• Like 1

Where do you have this from ?

By the way - it's Jo Wiley who commented on the tracks, not Annie Mac. Not that it's important, but I see it getting mixed up a lot :)

• Like 2

Mrs. Miller on Instagram

Anyone know what she’s talking about ??

88157F0E-14F7-469F-8EFD-8C7A5192DAAD.thumb.jpeg.22a7a18327b5294a2a169d941491e07c.jpeg

• Like 3

Mrs. Miller on Instagram

Anyone know what she’s talking about ??

I guess it's tour dates or something like that. Because even they won't do a big tour they will make some concerts like GS era.

• Like 5

I guess it's tour dates or something like that. Because even they won't do a big tour they will make some concerts like GS era.

Matt Miller posted something on his Instastory the other day about backing up some live keyboard samples, so fingers crossed they are finalising preparations for some sort of mini tour!

• Like 3

Posted by Coldplay on FB just 20 minutes ago.

Handpainted wall art on the streets of Ximending , Taipei (Taiwan).

77297736_10162447469555253_4104392750898610176_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQnASrwErV_niOjkD76TDWdmOVNkBqOQEUIQaxyW61g_uURLUe6ZnyiKcLzsjnXhmyM&_nc_ht=scontent.ftxl2-1.fna&oh=2bac90388dace01c3c8625b138fcc7c7&oe=5E53F262

75039025_10162447469595253_8609469808364224512_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQk6VJysMVUU1e801uoYJ-KpX2ajwFC3SX73eYGcuRoCNP4NS7lofT1aa1wLqkOjfqc&_nc_ht=scontent.ftxl2-1.fna&oh=95642d07f853fcd738863689f6066b58&oe=5E41A16C

• Like 7
  • Wow 7
  • Angry 1