🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

Hello folks! Long time no talk. I'll just drop few thoughts here.

Firstly I'm so delighted to experience a completely new Coldplay era from its very beginning. The fact that I'm a part of this lovely community makes this whole journey much more pleasant and marvellous! It's amazing to see and learn about various reactions and opinions or new discoveries and observations. I'm very pleased to go through all the discussions even though it's fairly time-consuming. However it's definitely worthwhile. Keep on updating!

Secondly... WOW! I've been literally blown away by the songs that were released in their entirety! I'm keen on the fact that all of them are distinctly diverse. Surely it's a welcome change which I greatly appreciate! Even the snippets of Cry Cry Cry BrokEn and Guns sound very promising to me. That's something completely worth looking forward to! Anyway if someone is interesting in my ranking of the tracks that have come out so far (excluding the excerpts) here it is. Everyday Life > Orphans = Arabesque

Thirdly I'm totally over the moon that I've managed to tune in and watch some of the Coldplay's promo appearances for Everyday Life or see and read their announcements and posts! What a splendid supply of news and information that is! I'm not new to checking social medias every single day but Coldplay has given it a new meaning recently haha! Moreover I wouldn't have imagined myself getting up early in the morning just to stream a SNL episode in order to see my beloved band performing! Who could have thought? (Un)surprisingly I'm planning to watch both upcoming concerts in Jordan as well as I have a day off luckily on 22 November. Apart from that I think the biggest highlight for me was hearing both Orphans and Arabesque premiere on BBC Radio 1. Not to mention the press conference! That was so witty and hilarious! I was completely astonished and dazzled by Coldplay's humour.

Lastly I'd like to express that I'm (im)patiently waiting for the 22nd of November to arrive! I guess I won't be only lurking here but posting often again from now on...

Welcome back!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

It will surely leak really soon. Only 12 days to go. I suppose by Wednesday the album's content is known to all....

I feel like it might take longer. AHFOD only leaked 3-4 days before iirc.

I'm very impatient right now. I've played the new songs (well, mostly Arabesque and Everyday Life) so offen in the past days and weeks that they have begun to sound stale. And that's such a shame. I wanna listen to the new stuff but I also don't want to be fed up with these songs before the album is even out.

• Like 3

[quote name='The Adversary']...I’d love to see Ken Nelson back or even someone like Steve Lilywhite to produce a Coldplay LP but I don’t think it will ever happen now. [/QUOTE] Or Mike Beever ([I]Brothers & Sisters EP[/I]) or Chris Allison ([I]The Blue Room[/I]). Wonder what these guys are doing nowadays.

• Like 3

just wanted to share this somewhere;

when Ghost Stories came out i really struggled with how to drum to the studio version

because of all the programmed drums/percussion involved

(this was before the live version came out- many of those song versions i liked better for that reason. more alive/less sterile)

anyway- upon hearing the single Everyday Life last week-...i thought, same struggle; drums are weak- rim clocks and couple cymbal swells.

so yesterday i played to it just like i did with Ghost Stories- using Will's (or computer's?) beats as a kind of click track- and playing loudly over them.

It gave so much more life to the latter part of the song, especially- it sounded somewhat more like Army of One from AHFoD

So now- when ever i play it- i will do the same. Less rim clicks- more snare and cymbals. Hopefully Will plays it live that way. Song kinda cries out for it.

• Like 11

Or Mike Beever (Brothers & Sisters EP) or Chris Allison (The Blue Room). Wonder what these guys are doing nowadays.

Well I doubt it's gonna be either of them but especially not Chris Allison. The band and him did not work well together. He was the one who told the band Will wasn't good enough for them. After Will came back they requested a change of producer and got Ken Nelson. Who they worked extremely well with for a while but also fired halfway through the X&Y recording sessions. Who they then substituted with Danton Supple to complete X&Y. Who they then substituted with Markus Dravs and Brian Eno for Viva. Who they...ah, what was the topic again ? :joy:

• Like 5

It will surely leak really soon. Only 12 days to go. I suppose by Wednesday the album's content is known to all....

I think we’ll only see any sort of leak from next week onwards. Too soon now.

Nowadays record labels are pretty good with keeping a lid on leaks. It’s only when the CDs are being shipped to stores, radios, etc is when leaks start to appear.

If Coldplay didn’t do that live show on release day, I would have figured that they would stream the album on their website a day earlier.

• Like 3

I feel like it might take longer. AHFOD only leaked 3-4 days before iirc.

I'm very impatient right now. I've played the new songs (well, mostly Arabesque and Everyday Life) so offen in the past days and weeks that they have begun to sound stale. And that's such a shame. I wanna listen to the new stuff but I also don't want to be fed up with these songs before the album is even out.

It really depends... Ghost Stories leaked 14 days before its release. I feel like it could be anytime now! This week for sure, it's almost unmanageable for a band this big to keep a studio work under wraps these days.

• Like 2

Well I doubt it's gonna be either of them but especially not Chris Allison. The band and him did not work well together. He was the one who told the band Will wasn't good enough for them. After Will came back they requested a change of producer and got Ken Nelson. Who they worked extremely well with for a while but also fired halfway through the X&Y recording sessions. Who they then substituted with Danton Supple to complete X&Y. Who they then substituted with Markus Dravs and Brian Eno for Viva. Who they...ah, what was the topic again ? :joy:

Which is a real shame considering AROBTTH was not only produced by Ken Nelson but also mixed by him as well. AROBTTH is undoubtedly Coldplay’s best sounding record (if you listen to the stems you understand just how beautifully it was done)

I wish they never had that falling out, the band you see today would probably be so different.

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

It really depends... Ghost Stories leaked 14 days before its release. I feel like it could be anytime now! This week for sure, it's almost unmanageable for a band this big to keep a studio work under wraps these days.

GS was 5 years ago. Things have changed since then. I think it’s a lot harder now to leak things.

And with multiple streaming platforms around, it’s a lot easier to stem leaks as well in my opinion.

But I could be totally wrong and it’ll leak tomorrow. Haha!

So Chris confirmed that they are doing a couple of shows and then going back in to hibernation for the "next thing". No promo trips to Australia. They did one even for GS. So I'm guessing this is going to be a very sparse, mostly off radar album. Definitely very intentional decision. So any of us would be very lucky to attend a show/live performance this era.

• Like 3
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 1

It sort of sucks considering this will probably be the bands best album since Viva and they’re not taking it on tour.

Definitely worried we’re going to get AHFOD 2.0 with “the next thing”

• Like 3

It sort of sucks considering this will probably be the bands best album since Viva and they’re not taking it on tour.

Definitely worried we’re going to get AHFOD 2.0 with “the next thing”

AHFOD wasn't their best but certainly was terrible by any means.

• Like 5

Yeah, I definitely want to see a live show for this album. I joined the fandom just before MX and this is shaping up to be their best album since. Just going by the songs and snippets we have do far. So it is disappointing that the band will not get behind this album and push it like they did for most. I'm hoping for at least GS level of exposure, but doesn't look like that will happen.

But I do understand their hesitation and strategy given the subject matter. It is tactful on their (the band, the label) part.

• Like 2

How is it possible that Google has confirmed events in San Diego and The Hagen?

How is it possible that Google has confirmed events in San Diego and The Hagen?

Was debunked about 2-3 pages earlier in this thread

Such a shame they aren't touring this album a little bit. It is in fact somewhat annoying that they never play their best stuff live (even from AHFOD they focused on the less good songs, and don't even get me started on Kaleidoscope EP...) :(

• Like 4

Was debunked about 2-3 pages earlier in this thread

Such a shame they aren't touring this album a little bit. It is in fact somewhat annoying that they never play their best stuff live (even from AHFOD they focused on the less good songs, and don't even get me started on Kaleidoscope EP...) :(

I don't think it's impossible that we will see them in more unusual locations though. Ammam is not a live concert per se but I am sure they will play either some theatres or similar to GS settings.

• Like 1

If they aren’t touring, at least give us a live DVD and/or documentary on the recording process. :D

• Like 3

AHFOD wasn't their best but certainly was terrible by any means.

Opinions differ. I thought it was terrible to be honest, but if that’s the sort of style you like, fair play.

• Like 2

This is like an in thing now? A lot of celebrities are doing it. Lol.

And I already follow them on all social media. What makes the news from them through this platform any different?

Blink-182 did a thing throughout the lead-up to their latest album Nine where you could call a phone number and it'd play a teaser from the upcoming single. I tried calling Coldplay's Community number just in case they tried doing the same thing. It was worth a try, got to hear that message from Phil which was cool :D

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9614]9614[/ATTACH]

That is absolutely gorgeous. I wouldn't be surprised if they took some inspiration from that old, antiquated countryside aesthetic.

just wanted to share this somewhere;

when Ghost Stories came out i really struggled with how to drum to the studio version

because of all the programmed drums/percussion involved

(this was before the live version came out- many of those song versions i liked better for that reason. more alive/less sterile)

anyway- upon hearing the single Everyday Life last week-...i thought, same struggle; drums are weak- rim clocks and couple cymbal swells.

so yesterday i played to it just like i did with Ghost Stories- using Will's (or computer's?) beats as a kind of click track- and playing loudly over them.

It gave so much more life to the latter part of the song, especially- it sounded somewhat more like Army of One from AHFoD

So now- when ever i play it- i will do the same. Less rim clicks- more snare and cymbals. Hopefully Will plays it live that way. Song kinda cries out for it.

Now that I think of it... Will's part is a little underwhelming on Everyday Life. But then again I still prefer it to that fully electronic sound on Ghost Stories.

I'm no drummer, but I love what Will did with live versions of ASFOS starting around late 2015 or so. His playing is noticeably different, it sounds so much more natural than what you hear on the studio version and the GS Live 2014 version. Reminds me more of DLIBYH.

Yeah, I definitely want to see a live show for this album. I joined the fandom just before MX and this is shaping up to be their best album since. Just going by the songs and snippets we have do far. So it is disappointing that the band will not get behind this album and push it like they did for most. I'm hoping for at least GS level of exposure, but doesn't look like that will happen.

But I do understand their hesitation and strategy given the subject matter. It is tactful on their (the band, the label) part.

I don't think it's impossible that we will see them in more unusual locations though. Ammam is not a live concert per se but I am sure they will play either some theatres or similar to GS settings.

They are confirmed for the Global Citizen Festival next year. But whether that means a show focused on Everyday Life or LP9, who knows...

Hopefully when they do their next big stadium tour, maybe in 2021 or 2022, they'll incorporate Everyday Life into the set. I liked how they used some of the Ghost Stories songs on the AHFOD tour... playing Always In My Head and Magic before Everglow was great IMO. And those visuals during AIMH were gorgeous.

• Like 5

I think a few shows for Everyday Life Era is quite possible.

I feel though it might be that they are really releasing LP9 in late 2020 and prior to that appearing at Global Citizen Festival.

• Like 4

You have to remember, when they inevitably tour LP9, it's very likely they'll play songs from Everyday Life.

Whilst EL won't get a dedicated tour, we'll still hear the songs live.

• Like 6

They are confirmed for the Global Citizen Festival next year. But whether that means a show focused on Everyday Life or LP9, who knows...

They'll probably play 'Orphans' at the Global Citizen Festival because that would fit in well with the festival's overall idea.

• Like 4

It’s like we are in the GS era.

I remember Chris saying that the album was not fit for a full tour but some of the songs would eventually fit on a future tour, like they did on the AHFOD era.

• Like 6