🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

73 on Metacritic! Last time one of their albums had a favorable reception like this was VLVODAAHF (72)

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

If you compare this with the original one, the quality is terrible. Song is more beautiful than this. In this one Chris is so dark. Original is more colorful and joyful.

yeh but copyright would not allow it

I think what he said is getting majorly twisted in the media... I expect still normal fantastic Coldplay tours with as many elements as possible being environmentally friendly , now because he said this ppl are acting like they have to be 100 percent eco which is impossible lol he didn’t say that obviously they stil have to fly etc . A huge production needs a lot of elements but if they can do some big changes obviously some is better then none:) I don’t think we’ll see him sailing from place to place lol but I’m sure we will see some positive steps taken to make things better :)

I definitely see posts on the Coldplay group on Facebook that are ridiculous by people saying they are or have been fans. They often are followed by this new album sucks anyway so that's the real reason. Most are just being immature about the fact they won't get to see them tour any time soon. It sucks that we won't see them on the road a while but take a big step back and look at the big picture a minute. Anyway one of the reasons I hate most of the Internet.

• Like 5

What many people also don't understand is that they're trying to be climate neutral using compensations, as in: for every X amount of paper they use, they donate that paper's value to a good cause.

It's impossible for a tour to be 100% eco-friendly, but if you compensate (and yes, that will eventually cost more), you can make it climate neutral.

• Like 5

Important clue!

In A Book of Luminous Things, which is referenced in the song Cry Cry Cry, there is a poem called Music of the Spheres.

EE6E2EA9-6A79-471D-8B61-7079FB2149AF.thumb.jpeg.fbd1423fc6d5cd40a274f15dfbc9cc0e.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Wow 1

CD arrived today and was listening to it over the last hour. Incredible tracks and some of them are very unusual.

'Guns' sounds a bit out of place here, it's like coming from a (solo) folk album Chris was working on.^^

There's a weird track indexing on the CD, the section where the abbey bells can be heard. Parted in 5 individual tracks (wtf).

I was ripping the CD to my digital collection and re-edited the intermission as one track, re-titled to 'Sunset (Abbey Bells)'.

Anyway, from (finally) first full listening I think I rate this (double) album very high to the band's early albums.

Definitely the 'real' successor of Viva La Vida. I'm re-listening to it right now.

Think I gonna buy the vinyl edition soon.

By the way, is the intermission part (the bells) anywhere on the LP set? End of record 1 or start of record 2?

• Like 2

For people who haven't read it yet, they plan to release their unreleased songs at some point in the (long) future!

This is by Jonathan Dean who recently interviewed Coldplay and he shared some bonus quotes that didn't make it in the interview.

Oh my god this is awesome news!! Hope there's something from every previous band era, especially the early ones!

• Like 5

I got the CD today and I found something really interesting.

The album is officially out already, but I'll mark it as a spoiler anyway.

Those of you who heard the leak know that the interlude between Sunrise and Sunset was split into 6 tracks with generic names (Sunrise/Sunset Interlude #1-6 or something like that). On the official CD it's split up into 8 tracks instead. But even more interesting is that when I put the disc into my computer, I found that each have names: G, O, D, =, L, O, V, and E. All put together it makes the message GOD = LOVE.

Here's a screenshot:

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9761]9761[/ATTACH]

Interesting, my Windows player didn't show this.

Looks like I have to re-name the track I edited together from the 6 middle tracks then...

What many people also don't understand is that they're trying to be climate neutral using compensations, as in: for every X amount of paper they use, they donate that paper's value to a good cause.

It's impossible for a tour to be 100% eco-friendly, but if you compensate (and yes, that will eventually cost more), you can make it climate neutral.

They did the same thing on the AROBTTH tour, asking fans to donate money to plant mango trees in southern India in order to offset the impact of touring, but sadly the local people weren’t given the resources to look after the plantation so a large proportion of the trees died or were burned and that just ended up releasing more CO2.

Hopefully this time there’s more long-term thinking and support behind the plan, otherwise everyone loses.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

When you're riding a waaa-AaAaAAAAVE

Sorry, I can't get it out of my head.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

I'm literally listening now and dancing around while I'm cleaning. Although it makes me not want to clean but to float off somewhere...

• Like 5

Interesting, my Windows player didn't show this.

Looks like I have to re-name the track I edited together from the 6 middle tracks then...

This message: 'GOD IS LOVE', Chris got it tattooed on the inside of his left upper arm (as a cover up of the 'G' he had for Gwyneth)

• Like 6

I think Church is my favourite song on the album. Sunrise and Church are kinda like MX/HLH and Coldplay openers are always stunning!

• Like 4

I think Church is my favourite song on the album. Sunrise and Church are kinda like MX/HLH and Coldplay openers are always stunning!

It's funny, the more I listen to the album the more I like it. I didn't like 'Church' very much when I first heard it but now it's one of my favourites

• Like 5

I'm literally listening now and dancing around while I'm cleaning. Although it makes me not want to clean but to float off somewhere...

I'm cleaning in your church all the seven days, i cleeaaan and clleeeaaannn

• Haha 5

I'm cleaning in your church all the seven days, i cleeaaan and clleeeaaannn

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: Not the rock n roll lifestyle but definitely everyday life!!!

• Haha 6

Three cheers!

For Coldplay are back!:sunrise::moon:

• Like 3

Three cheers!

For Coldplay are back!:sunrise::moon:

...and they're pretty much gone next week : /

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It finally came in the mail... it's SO BEAUTIFUL

IMG_20191123_173950555.thumb.jpg.901068f332d51c86733c541897ba2a4e.jpg

IMG_20191123_174010215.thumb.jpg.98b27f3bd57d26624eac2ef8c96eef4a.jpg

Now to look at this stuff in the booklet that everyone in the LP9 thread is going on about...

• Like 10

Thank you! Where did you get this?? It is one of my favorites on the album!! Love the folksy, fiddle-sounding guitar (or bass). Wills backing vocals are beautiful!

Thank you! Where did you get this?? It is one of my favorites on the album!! Love the folksy, fiddle-sounding guitar (or bass). Wills backing vocals are beautiful!

I agree on church first listen I was like huh ? I couldn’t even relate it to the rest of the album but I freakin love it lol

• Like 3

Wow! Dakota Johnson directed the Cry Cry Cry video, which apparently will be released tomorrow, Sunday, November 24.

• Like 4
  • Wow 2