📺 STREAM COLDPLAY AT GLASTONBURY 2002 REMASTERED IN HD 📺
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

I was waiting all day lol I thought I read somewhere it was supose to drop today I guess I was wrong lol

Think people misunderstood the Sunday times article release date with cry cry cry video premier.

So many people have already written about the album so much better than I could ever. But I came here to say that I can't get over my emotional response to the livestream performance. It was my first time listening to the whole album since I refrained from listening to the leaks. I think seeing them get ready/do the huddle already had me emotional because I missed them, so when Sunrise began along with the beautiful cinematography I started crying so hard. Sunrise was so beautiful and seeing Chris there kneeling, and the rest of the band, ugh the visuals were so stunning. When Church started, again tears, and sobs. Basically through most of the stream I was crying for both Sunrise and Sunset. Just thinking about having people all around the world tuning in to see the performance in that location was beautiful. Think about the power of music on humanity.

Something about this era has just struck me in such a way that I had not felt since AROBTTH (my favorite album). It's a raw, intimate, honest collection of songs and every song on Everyday Life has just taken me by surprise and I just LOVE them all so much.

Currently really into:

Sunrise into Church

Trouble in Town

Cry, Cry,Cry

Arabesque

Bani Adam

• Like 12

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9778]9778[/ATTACH]

How does one play Sunrise with no strings?? :neutral:

• Like 5

Just gotta day the part in old friend from the live stream where the two people hug in the background is so perfect ! If that wasnt staged then that was some kinda divine intervention lol

• Like 8

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but Chris said that they'll play "about seven little performances" during this album cycle/"tour" (source at 16:20) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubVO1C8-xrc:980

Any ideas of what shows count or if there are rumours about new shows coming up? Do you guys think the shows at SNL (November 2nd), Graham Norton show (December 13th) count? Or if the broadcasts on November 22nd coun as one, two or at all? Jordan's show on November 23rd and Today's show in London for sure must count. Still having my hopes up for a possibility of seeing them on this tour.

• Like 1

Lol Chris said that "we aren't doing much touring or talking" on this album and yet....

1) I know more about this album than any other since we've got multiple track-by-track interviews and longer in-depth interviews.

2) We've now officially heard EVERY song live. (except Flags).

3) the band seems way more open about talking about this album and their work than ever before.

• Like 10

Sorry to hijack this thread. So, theres a show tonight and a show on wednesday?

Theres an iheart radio release party thing on the radio in 2.5 hours, but im not sure if thats gonna play tonights show live, or rebroadcast the show in Jordan?

Then this show on wednesday appears to be broadcast live on italian radio?

Can someone factcheck me? I wanna try and record these things.

• Like 2

Theres an iheart radio release party thing on the radio in 2.5 hours, but im not sure if thats gonna play tonights show live, or rebroadcast the show in Jordan?

This is what Chris says about it

[MEDIA=instagram]B5TaEaoHd2p[/MEDIA]

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5TaEaoHd2p/

Yeah there's a show tonight in London, apparently it will be filmed as well. Where did you hear from the gig on Wednesday though? Haven't heard anything about that one.

This is what Chris says about it

[MEDIA=instagram]B5TaEaoHd2p[/MEDIA]

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5TaEaoHd2p/

Ah, i guess the question I have is are they playing the live show that happens to be tonight or the other one from Jordan?

Yeah there's a show tonight in London, apparently it will be filmed as well. Where did you hear from the gig on Wednesday though? Haven't heard anything about that one.

Here we are:https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/27-11-2019-coldplay-at-maida-vale-studios.126060/#post-5957420

• Like 1

Would it lovey to see a special show for the 200º anniversary of the Prado Musseum (like the show in London), one of the most important art musseums.

• Like 1

If I cancel my premiunm I assume those live streams wont be on the channel for me to view?

They would be. Everything with the exception of "Road To Jordan" is free.

• Like 1

In his interview with iHeartRadio, Chris said that they worked for a long time on a very raw album called The Wedding Album.

He implied that The Wedding Album turned into Everyday Life.

In the track by track explanation on iTunes, Guy said that for a long time Everyday Life had another title.

A possible conclusion from these statements is that "Music of the Spheres" may be LP9's title.

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

In his interview with iHeartRadio, Chris said that they worked for a long time on a very raw album called The Wedding Album.

In the track by track explanation on iTunes, Guy said that for a long time Everyday Life had another title.

A possible conclusion from these statements is that "Music of the Spheres" may be LP9's title.

That's interesting. I wonder if "Wedding Bells" has a studio version. I guess they kind of recycled that one (Christmas Lights) but I would think they were far into the recording sessions if they had multiple songs to go in that project. Unfortunately, we may never find out.

• Like 4

Does anyone have the interview where they explain track by track

I wondered if this might be the case. Especially because of this Bani Adam snippet from way back in 2010...

Which reminds me... @cp3176, I'm seriously thinking our little theory about Eko/Aiko might just be correct. This "Wedding Album" partially evolved into MX and partially evolved into Everyday Life, which retains more of that rawness.

That's interesting. I wonder if "Wedding Bells" has a studio version. I guess they kind of recycled that one (Christmas Lights) but I would think they were far into the recording sessions if they had multiple songs to go in that project. Unfortunately, we may never find out.

I think that is the case, because there's some evidence that both Wedding Bells and Christmas Lights existed as separate songs at the same time. Maybe they were supposed to compliment one another?

• Like 1

Anyone still not receive their CD yet? I ordered directly off Coldplay.com dude, wtffff. I only did it this time because it seemed like folks who bought stuff from them before (and live in the UK) received those letters from the band : /

• Sad 1

Anyone still not receive their CD yet? I ordered directly off Coldplay.com dude, wtffff. I only did it this time because it seemed like folks who bought stuff from them before (and live in the UK) received those letters from the band : /

I did that exact same thing for the same reason (except I don't live in the UK, but wishful thinking)!! Yet I haven't received mine...but apparently it's in the mail as of early this morning.

I emailed Warner expressing my deep disappointment in not having it by release day. They got back to me on Sunday saying that they have been switching warehouses so all of their shipments were super behind. They refunded my shipping cost and told me it'd be in the mail this week. Now, it looks like it's on the way...but the badge that's supposed to come with it is delayed. Hmm.

Have you checked your order status lately? If mine shipped, surely yours is on the way soon too. :confused:

• Like 1

I did that exact same thing for the same reason (except I don't live in the UK, but wishful thinking)!! Yet I haven't received mine...but apparently it's in the mail as of early this morning.

I emailed Warner expressing my deep disappointment in not having it by release day. They got back to me on Sunday saying that they have been switching warehouses so all of their shipments were super behind. They refunded my shipping cost and told me it'd be in the mail this week. Now, it looks like it's on the way...but the badge that's supposed to come with it is delayed. Hmm.

Have you checked your order status lately? If mine shipped, surely yours is on the way soon too. :confused:

I dont live in the UK either, but I thought it wouldnt hurt too much to have my name on the list.

I'll email Warner as well; thats a good idea! I signed up for email and text alerts but havent received any. I do see the order is confirmed, but nothing since then. I keep manually checking my status, but no change.

I dont live in the UK either, but I thought it wouldnt hurt too much to have my name on the list.

I'll email Warner as well; thats a good idea! I signed up for email and text alerts but havent received any. I do see the order is confirmed, but nothing since then. I keep manually checking my status, but no change.

Definitely email them. I am not sure if my nagging them helped....maybe did? It's worth a shot. I used the Contact Us link at the bottom of the order page.

I did receive an email that my order shipped so you should also, whenever it does. Good luck! :)

Definitely email them. I am not sure if my nagging them helped....maybe did? It's worth a shot. I used the Contact Us link at the bottom of the order page.

I did receive an email that my order shipped so you should also, whenever it does. Good luck! :)

Just sent mine off. Did you send multiple emails to nag them then? What was the tone of your email? I didnt exactly what to scold them, but just said I was very disappointed because I ordered it over a month ago. Did you get an email back, or your order just changed to shipped itself?

Just sent mine off. Did you send multiple emails to nag them then? What was the tone of your email? I didnt exactly what to scold them, but just said I was very disappointed because I ordered it over a month ago. Did you get an email back, or your order just changed to shipped itself?

I only emailed once. I tried to be tactful but also made it clear that I was unhappy. Like an unhappy yet professional tone, if that makes sense.

I did receive an email back about 36 hours later, explaining the situation and stating that they were refunding my shipping and making sure it'd be on the way during this week.

I'm glad you got your email sent!! Hopefully you hear back quickly.

• Like 2