🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

More of the same as Orphans and Arabesque really.. I understand that they are experimenting with new ideas but no... not for me

That's fine. I just found it a little odd since Arabesque and Orphans are 2 really different songs from each other, and that they missed the mark on the rest of the songs sweatdrop.gif.9bd1fc16b8b7ec4eaf4e6811e1615842.gif

Wow so it's really interesting that even guy.gif.93b9440874f1c0c296c6d3a9b668a534.gif do admit to experimentation and also making music in more of an organic fashion, not relying so much on computers and synths this time around (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's a nice change of pace as compared to the last few albums). I like that they even said they were writing and coming up with ideas in a variety of places, which definitely must have fueled the vast variety we see on the final album.

If Coldplay ends up releasing all their unreleased work I'd die to hear these "hundreds of ideas" that never seen the light of day on this record. If this is only scratching the surface of what they've done I bet some of the other stuff they did is just crazy, and we know from experience that some of Coldplay's best work is their unreleased work/b-sides.

It also seems like this is a free video which has clips from Road to Jordan. Maybe it doesn't tell the same story, but for those of you who haven't seen it yet, if you really like the background scenes from the video you might just wanna check out Road to Jordan wink2.gif.9f848e3f2320b02919b1b31dca91b4c4.gif

jonny.gif.6659c86e5cff02c2c571e205a7c01059.gif

• Like 2

That's fine. I just found it a little odd since Arabesque and Orphans are 2 really different songs from each other, and that they missed the mark on the rest of the songs [ATTACH alt=sweatdrop.gif]9824[/ATTACH]

Wow so it's really interesting that even [ATTACH type=full" alt="jonny.gif]9825[/ATTACH] and [ATTACH type=full" alt="guy.gif]9826[/ATTACH] do admit to experimentation and also making music in more of an organic fashion, not relying so much on computers and synths this time around (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's a nice change of pace as compared to the last few albums). I like that they even said they were writing and coming up with ideas in a variety of places, which definitely must have fueled the vast variety we see on the final album.

If Coldplay ends up releasing all their unreleased work I'd die to hear these "hundreds of ideas" that never seen the light of day on this record. If this is only scratching the surface of what they've done I bet some of the other stuff they did is just crazy, and we know from experience that some of Coldplay's best work is their unreleased work/b-sides.

It also seems like this is a free video which has clips from Road to Jordan. Maybe it doesn't tell the same story, but for those of you who haven't seen it yet, if you really like the background scenes from the video you might just wanna check out Road to Jordan [ATTACH type=full" alt="wink2.gif]9827[/ATTACH]

Wow, you really like the old emojis, don't you? earmuffs.gif.60545ef85c047a3b797341cbe3edba5c.gif

• Like 1

I really love it when Jonny and Guy do interviews together. I wish they'd do it more often. Thanks for the wonderful video. I was looking for it.

• Like 2

The lyrics to "Church" and "Trouble In Town" are now available at Coldplay's website along with the other ones that were up already (Arabesque, Orphans and Everyday Life).

• Like 2

I like the sound of Trouble in Town a lot, and while I appreciate the police harassment dialogue in it I don't like hearing it with every listen. It's very grating.

So I did a couple of edits. Nothing fancy. I say that because I realise there's some boffins and wizards here.

One of my edits contains just the last bit of dialogue that is mostly drowned in the music. It's actually the better one IMO because the transition at the edit isn't as jarring.

If you would like to hear them and give feedback (or do it better then I have) message me for a link.

Cheers

• Like 2

Hey,

Not sure if anyone knows

I like the sound of Trouble in Town a lot, and while I appreciate the police harassment dialogue in it I don't like hearing it with every listen. It's very grating.

So I did a couple of edits. Nothing fancy. I say that because I realise there's some boffins and wizards here.

One of my edits contains just the last bit of dialogue that is mostly drowned in the music. It's actually the better one IMO because the transition at the edit isn't as jarring.

If you would like to hear them and give feedback (or do it better then I have) message me for a link.

Cheers

Not sure if you know but there is a version without the police voice memo thing. It’s the lyric video coldplay uploaded for trouble in town on youtube if this helps?

Thanks

• Like 1

Hey,

Not sure if anyone knows

Not sure if you know but there is a version without the police voice memo thing. It’s the lyric video coldplay uploaded for trouble in town on youtube if this helps?

Thanks

I had no idea. Thanks!

This album gave me what I had wanted from Ghost Stories. By that, I mean it's stripped down but not stripped of their talent.

• Like 5

Here's what they replied

You’re one of the lucky orders to receive an free pin with your order. However there’s a delay with the merchandise that pushes the ship date until December 6th 2019.

Let us know if you ok with this or would like us to remove the pin.

I'll probably just wait. But I stressed that I want to see the $9 shipping waived since it was delayed.

They did not reply, I think they're just fucking with me at this point. So I asked for a full refund. This is ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

I got the disc (lovely package, though the spine is printed upside down in relation to the majority of books and discs in the Western world) 8 days after the album's release. I wasn't terribly concerned about the delay since I torrented a perfect flac copy 5 days BEFORE the release date.

But no pin came with the package, as had been advertised, and no explanation was offered.

I messaged them my displeasure but... <sigh>

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Remember how Chris mentioned how Everyday Life originated with the stripped down and raw "Wedding Album" from about 10 years ago?

Well, another collab between Avicii and Chris has leaked--the track is called Lethal Drug. I will not link to it nor share any leaks, but here's something I noticed. As you can see from this "best guess" at the lyrics if you haven't heard the song yet...

https://genius.com/Coldplay-lethal-drug-lyrics

Just look at this verse:

"All summer we hung round'

On the streets of our hometown

Dreamed about us getting close

Dressing in your wedding clothes"

I really think Lethal Drug is more unused material from the "Wedding Album," which makes sense because the title "Love In A Lethal Dose" (which is another lyric in this song!) was first revealed in 2009 along with titles like Arabesque, Car Kids, Spanish Rain, and Cartoon Heart.

For whatever reason Coldplay decided to give Lethal Drug to Avicii, with Chris still singing on the final version. But it's interesting to think about the song's shared origins with at least part of Everyday Life. :)

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

Remember how Chris mentioned how Everyday Life originated with the stripped down and raw "Wedding Album" from about 10 years ago?

Well, another collab between Avicii and Chris has leaked--the track is called Lethal Drug. I will not link to it nor share any leaks, but here's something I noticed. As you can see from this "best guess" at the lyrics if you haven't heard the song yet...

https://genius.com/Coldplay-lethal-drug-lyrics

Just look at this verse:

"All summer we hung round'

On the streets of our hometown

Dreamed about us getting close

Dressing in your wedding clothes"

I really think Lethal Drug is more unused material from the "Wedding Album," which makes sense because the title "Love In A Lethal Dose" (which is another lyric in this song!) was first revealed in 2009 along with titles like Arabesque, Car Kids, Spanish Rain, and Cartoon Heart.

For whatever reason Coldplay decided to give Lethal Drug to Avicii, with Chris still singing on the final version. But it's interesting to think about the song's shared origins with at least part of Everyday Life. :)

Thank you ♥️

• Like 1

Very nice Everyday Life era photo...

Think that's the jazz band suits from the album cover? And it's in color!!

stolen from the band's Facebook

78471456_10162561095825253_6791307613918199808_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ohc=r8lbUXth9osAQnNvvKXSII_WvVpcFCE53m_c1xI0-UlKs6DgL6p8c3c3w&_nc_ht=scontent.ftxl2-1.fna&oh=282c4be89a844987794960306967332a&oe=5E804C48

(After hours I realized I posted this on a totally wrong thread before.^^ I moved this to here now.)

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I got the disc (lovely package, though the spine is printed upside down in relation to the majority of books and discs in the Western world) 8 days after the album's release. I wasn't terribly concerned about the delay since I torrented a perfect flac copy 5 days BEFORE the release date.

But no pin came with the package, as had been advertised, and no explanation was offered.

I messaged them my displeasure but... <sigh>

This happened to me as well! I received the t-shirt and vinyl on separate days, and neither came with the pin

• Like 1

I did that exact same thing for the same reason (except I don't live in the UK, but wishful thinking)!! Yet I haven't received mine...but apparently it's in the mail as of early this morning.

I emailed Warner expressing my deep disappointment in not having it by release day. They got back to me on Sunday saying that they have been switching warehouses so all of their shipments were super behind. They refunded my shipping cost and told me it'd be in the mail this week. Now, it looks like it's on the way...but the badge that's supposed to come with it is delayed. Hmm.

Have you checked your order status lately? If mine shipped, surely yours is on the way soon too. :confused:

Good advice!

I have emailed them as well, and got an email today that my shipping costs will be refunded as well.

Although I'm a little bit worried now about the pin, because the exclusive version with pin is the only reason I pre-ordered it at all.

• Like 1

Good advice!

I have emailed them as well, and got an email today that my shipping costs will be refunded as well.

Although I'm a little bit worried now about the pin, because the exclusive version with pin is the only reason I pre-ordered it at all.

I asked for my whole ordered to be canceled a few days ago, and they just told me moments ago that it'll be so. What a shitty experience, very disappointing. Definitely not worth their pin IMO.

• Like 2

Well, judging by their latest social media post, that's its for the Everyday Life era.

Onwards to LP9!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1