stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This and Flags have been on repeat for a while now, for me.

I love Flags!!! :dance:

• Like 4

I now think it's quite ironic that they chose not to embark on the typical world tour for this era... it's likely that a lot of shows would have been canceled by now. So they may have dodged a bullet :confused:

• Like 8

Does anyone else feel like holding on for everyday life was a prophetic notion for the whole world about now?:broken_heart:

• Like 5

The other day I received a physical copy of the Japanese edition of Everyday Life. I was surprised to discover that it was different from the regular version, which I had purchased before, in another aspect apart from the inclusion of Flags as a bonus track. Except for the majority of the text and the symbols, in my opinion the surface of the standard version is matt and lustreless, so are the pages of the booklet. They're solid and sturdy. On the other hand, the hardcover of the Japanese edition is more glossy. I find the surface more smooth. Even the booklet looks more high-quality and feels more pleasant to touch as they are glossy as well. It reminded me of an exhibition catalog. Morevover, I was shocked to find out that the CD had been additionally put in a protective plastic packet despite being in the album case itself!

• Like 2

On 5/18/2020 at 12:40 AM, M Marks The Spot said:

The other day I received a physical copy of the Japanese edition of Everyday Life. I was surprised to discover that it was different from the regular version, which I had purchased before, in another aspect apart from the inclusion of Flags as a bonus track. Except for the majority of the text and the symbols, in my opinion the surface of the standard version is matt and lustreless, so are the pages of the booklet. They're solid and sturdy. On the other hand, the hardcover of the Japanese edition is more glossy. I find the surface more smooth. Even the booklet looks more high-quality and feels more pleasant to touch as they are glossy as well. It reminded me of an exhibition catalog. Morevover, I was shocked to find out that the CD had been additionally put in a protective plastic packet despite being in the album case itself!

You mean the inner sleeve like those?

The Japanese are suckers for excessive packaging.

B319B9E1-9099-4939-AB4D-60DE8BB3B2C3.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yasuko said:

You mean the inner sleeve like those?

The Japanese are suckers for excessive packaging.

B319B9E1-9099-4939-AB4D-60DE8BB3B2C3.jpeg

Yes, exactly! I was shocked to find it out because I had never seen anything like that before. No wonder the physical sales of music media have still been profitable in Japan.

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2020 at 12:40 PM, M Marks The Spot said:

I have both regular and japanese versions of EL. I didn't notice the increase of quality, have to chech them side by side, I just opened it once to copy the tracks on my PC (real lossless Flags sounds SO GREAT). The extra bag for the CD was a nice detail tho. What kinda pissed me off was the fact that there's no lyrics for Flags on the booklet, just a little mention of the track on the japanese mini-booklet, but no lyrics. 

Edited by MarckozZ
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, MarckozZ said:

I have both regular and japanese versions of EL. I didn't notice the increase of quality, have to chech them side ny side, I just opened it once to copy the tracks on my PC (real lossless Flags sounds SO GREAT). The extra bag for the CD was a nice detail tho. What kinda pissed me off was the fact that there's no lyrics for Flags on the booklet, just a little mention of the track on the japanese mini-booklet, but no lyrics. 

That's odd, haha! I know that it's strange but I can clearly see and feel the difference between the two editions that I own. But does this kind of matter happen often? What would be the point in using different materials for creating and printing various versions of the same album (not the content, but the case itself)?

10 minutes ago, MarckozZ said:

What kinda pissed me off was the fact that there's no lyrics for Flags on the booklet, just a little mention of the track on the japanese mini-booklet, but no lyrics. 

Yes, you're right. I consider it a failure if I'm honest with you. Adding and producing one or two more pages in the booklet should not have been a problem at all. 

8 minutes ago, M Marks The Spot said:

Yes, you're right. I consider it a failure if I'm honest with you. Adding and producing one or two more pages in the booklet should not have been a problem at all. 

Well, it is a problem when it comes to mass production. Adding two more pages involves a lot when it comes to assembling and such. And as per the quality, maybe the japanese manufacturer just uses more premium materials (higher quality paper, ink and printers) to make the books, that's no wonder since japanese factories tend to have higher quality standards...

• Like 1

The real problem is that Flags' lyrics aren't on Coldplay's website.

Posted (edited)

Yeah. So we will never know for sure if "Juliet telephoned in by a region" or "by ouija" :P

Edited by MarckozZ
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2020 at 11:46 PM, M Marks The Spot said:

Yes, exactly! I was shocked to find it out because I had never seen anything like that before. No wonder the physical sales of music media have still been profitable in Japan.

I think most of people here need the original lyrics AND the Japanese translation of them which only come with physical versions.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

On 5/29/2020 at 12:18 AM, danjospri said:

The real problem is that Flags' lyrics aren't on Coldplay's website.

Yeah and it's not on the music video on their official YouTube channel either.

2 hours ago, Yasuko said:

I think most of people here need the original lyrics AND the Japanese translation of them which only come with physical versions.

I have the japanese release, and it does not come with the lyrics in english nor japanese whatsoever. Just a brief mention of the song's composers and producers at the end of the little japanese booklet... So, I don't know where we can find official lyrics for it.

22 minutes ago, MarckozZ said:

I have the japanese release, and it does not come with the lyrics in english nor japanese whatsoever. Just a brief mention of the song's composers and producers at the end of the little japanese booklet... So, I don't know where we can find official lyrics for it.

Sorry, I was referring to physical sales of music still being profitable in Japan.
I meant most Japanese buy CDs in general for the Japanese translation of the lyrics.
You're right, Everyday Life Japanese Edition doesn't come with the lyrics of Flags.

• Sad 1

Coldplay Twitter posting article about Everyday Life being a potential contender for the Grammy's album of the year, which would be nominated well over a year the album came out... not sure if it's eligible? 

I think EL is an amazing album. It covers a ton of genres really well and has an interesting, timely concept to it that mostly comes thru. BUT it got mixed-positive reviews and would be up against some incredible records this year that I think do an even stronger job conveying messages: Run The Jewels 4, Fionna Apple's Fetch The Bolt Cutters, 1975's Notes on a Conditional Form, Nick Cave's Ghosteen, Perfume Genius, Charli XCX. I don't mean to sound anti-Coldplay, but I think the Grammy's has been doing slightly better job awarding and pushing more alternative artists, particularly artists of color and female artists. At some point Coldplay becomes a legacy band that deservedly gets nominations but the optics of dumping even more awards on them when there's so many deserving & new diverse artists? I don't see it happening.

Thoughts? 

https://t.co/fM4y8ZoV7V?amp=1

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

Coldplay Twitter posting article about Everyday Life being a potential contender for the Grammy's album of the year, which would be nominated well over a year the album came out... not sure if it's eligible? 

I think EL is an amazing album. It covers a ton of genres really well and has an interesting, timely concept to it that mostly comes thru. BUT it got mixed-positive reviews and would be up against some incredible records this year that I think do an even stronger job conveying messages: Run The Jewels 4, Fionna Apple's Fetch The Bolt Cutters, 1975's Notes on a Conditional Form, Nick Cave's Ghosteen, Perfume Genius, Charli XCX. I don't mean to sound anti-Coldplay, but I think the Grammy's has been doing slightly better job awarding and pushing more alternative artists, particularly artists of color and female artists. At some point Coldplay becomes a legacy band that deservedly gets nominations but the optics of dumping even more awards on them when there's so many deserving & new diverse artists? I don't see it happening.

Thoughts? 

https://t.co/fM4y8ZoV7V?amp=1

An award? For Everyday Life? Bruh i'm still sad that the album basically has 0 nominations or awards but like perhaps this one is what you say its hinting at...

Posted (edited)

Have you sorted out your issue eventually? What fix did you apply? Principally, I have one idea of how to do it. But I need to discuss a few details as there are few solutions. I am based in areaphonecodes.com/united-states/954. It would be best to get in touch and discuss it as it is a lot to write. Leave me your contacts in a private message and I will call you.

Edited by hoooeis

9 minutes ago, hoooeis said:

Have you sorted out your issue eventually?

Issue? What issue do you have in mind? I'm sorry but the only current significant issue is the fact that you left an unnecessary and irrelevant post in this thread. Hide it, delete it, never repeat it. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, M Marks The Spot said:

Issue? What issue do you have in mind? I'm sorry but the only current significant issue is the fact that you left an unnecessary and irrelevant post in this thread. Hide it, delete it, never repeat it. Thank you.

You are absolutely right. Spam posts are getting too much in forum last few weeks. I don't know how to solve it but there has to be some way. Also you are spending toooooo much time in forum and so active, you should be a moderator 🙂