✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

On 5/28/2020 at 11:46 PM, M Marks The Spot said:

Yes, exactly! I was shocked to find it out because I had never seen anything like that before. No wonder the physical sales of music media have still been profitable in Japan.

I think most of people here need the original lyrics AND the Japanese translation of them which only come with physical versions.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

On 5/29/2020 at 12:18 AM, danjospri said:

The real problem is that Flags' lyrics aren't on Coldplay's website.

Yeah and it's not on the music video on their official YouTube channel either.

2 hours ago, Yasuko said:

I think most of people here need the original lyrics AND the Japanese translation of them which only come with physical versions.

I have the japanese release, and it does not come with the lyrics in english nor japanese whatsoever. Just a brief mention of the song's composers and producers at the end of the little japanese booklet... So, I don't know where we can find official lyrics for it.

22 minutes ago, MarckozZ said:

I have the japanese release, and it does not come with the lyrics in english nor japanese whatsoever. Just a brief mention of the song's composers and producers at the end of the little japanese booklet... So, I don't know where we can find official lyrics for it.

Sorry, I was referring to physical sales of music still being profitable in Japan.
I meant most Japanese buy CDs in general for the Japanese translation of the lyrics.
You're right, Everyday Life Japanese Edition doesn't come with the lyrics of Flags.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coldplay Twitter posting article about Everyday Life being a potential contender for the Grammy's album of the year, which would be nominated well over a year the album came out... not sure if it's eligible? 

I think EL is an amazing album. It covers a ton of genres really well and has an interesting, timely concept to it that mostly comes thru. BUT it got mixed-positive reviews and would be up against some incredible records this year that I think do an even stronger job conveying messages: Run The Jewels 4, Fionna Apple's Fetch The Bolt Cutters, 1975's Notes on a Conditional Form, Nick Cave's Ghosteen, Perfume Genius, Charli XCX. I don't mean to sound anti-Coldplay, but I think the Grammy's has been doing slightly better job awarding and pushing more alternative artists, particularly artists of color and female artists. At some point Coldplay becomes a legacy band that deservedly gets nominations but the optics of dumping even more awards on them when there's so many deserving & new diverse artists? I don't see it happening.

Thoughts? 

https://t.co/fM4y8ZoV7V?amp=1

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

Coldplay Twitter posting article about Everyday Life being a potential contender for the Grammy's album of the year, which would be nominated well over a year the album came out... not sure if it's eligible? 

I think EL is an amazing album. It covers a ton of genres really well and has an interesting, timely concept to it that mostly comes thru. BUT it got mixed-positive reviews and would be up against some incredible records this year that I think do an even stronger job conveying messages: Run The Jewels 4, Fionna Apple's Fetch The Bolt Cutters, 1975's Notes on a Conditional Form, Nick Cave's Ghosteen, Perfume Genius, Charli XCX. I don't mean to sound anti-Coldplay, but I think the Grammy's has been doing slightly better job awarding and pushing more alternative artists, particularly artists of color and female artists. At some point Coldplay becomes a legacy band that deservedly gets nominations but the optics of dumping even more awards on them when there's so many deserving & new diverse artists? I don't see it happening.

Thoughts? 

https://t.co/fM4y8ZoV7V?amp=1

An award? For Everyday Life? Bruh i'm still sad that the album basically has 0 nominations or awards but like perhaps this one is what you say its hinting at...

• 2 weeks later...

Have you sorted out your issue eventually? What fix did you apply? Principally, I have one idea of how to do it. But I need to discuss a few details as there are few solutions. I am based in areaphonecodes.com/united-states/954. It would be best to get in touch and discuss it as it is a lot to write. Leave me your contacts in a private message and I will call you.

Edited by hoooeis

30 minutes ago, M Marks The Spot said:

Issue? What issue do you have in mind? I'm sorry but the only current significant issue is the fact that you left an unnecessary and irrelevant post in this thread. Hide it, delete it, never repeat it. Thank you.

You are absolutely right. Spam posts are getting too much in forum last few weeks. I don't know how to solve it but there has to be some way. Also you are spending toooooo much time in forum and so active, you should be a moderator ?

21 minutes ago, M Marks The Spot said:

Well, for me Coldplaying is another common room where I can hang out, thus, I'm here so often! But I'm convinced that there are other users who would be more responsible and conscientious as moderators than me. Personally, I would nominate @I ran away and @MarckozZ!

Thanks for mentioning me... Well, I have to say I'd love to be a mod. I've been seeing a lot of spam lately... I'd love to help clean this place from said garbage posts, 

BTW: New stuff coming! I'm posting a new remix now!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarckozZ said:

Thanks for mentioning me... Well, I have to say I'd love to be a mod. I've been seeing a lot of spam lately... I'd love to help clean this place from said garbage posts, 

BTW: New stuff coming! I'm posting a new remix now!

I know that you run "Planeta Coldplay" so you must have a plenty of experience as an administrator! Moreover, do we really need to clean this place from the spam posts? Why don't we just upcycle them? ?

Whoa! I'm looking forward to your new work.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, M Marks The Spot said:

I know that you run "Planeta Coldplay" so you must have a plenty of experience as an administrator! Moreover, do we really need to clean this place from the spam posts? Why don't we just upcycle them? ?

Whoa! I'm looking forward to your new work.

Yeah, I know a thing or two about running a fan account... :P

BTW, go give this a listen! ?

Edited by MarckozZ
  • Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 9:29 PM, I ran away said:

Thanks. I don't dislike them by any means, it's just that I don't feel as strongly about them anymore as I used to. At the moment they just don't manage to hold my attention anymore throughout the song.

Happy to report that half a year later I'm completely over that lack of interest in these songs and Everyday Life is a masterpiece to me that I still play comparatively often !

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 6/8/2021 at 8:13 PM, deltadon said:

Now that dolby atmos is on Apple Music , really surprised everyday life wasn’t a day 1 release given this official Dolby video ….

Update now on Apple Music in Dolby 

• 9 months later...

This album was masterpiece. It's was the first album of thier discography to listen after i listen the Music of the Spheres album. And after listen the discography, this album was my favorite Coldplay album.

The group explored at this album a more experimental sound. It's evident in this album who this album explored many unconventional non-radios styles like chruch, Asian and the ambient music. I appreciate the variety of this album outside the unconventionnal musical styles, the album also explored jazz, pop, rock, folk and gospel. Daddy (my favorite song of the album) was very personal for Chris, who he made a introspection about how his two childrens missed when he was in the road and not always there for Apple and Moses. They also made many politics and very hard subject in Trouble in Town and Guns.

I love the transition between the middle with the sound of the ring of chruch between the second part (God=Love). It's was a masterpiece and not skip at all at this album. Neither others Coldplay album did battle this album here (not A Rush of Blood to the Head, my second favorite Coldplay album).

Same sentiment here, i have rediscovered the album because the Ukraine war and i think is underated compared to AHFOD or the last MOTS.

Sound so more presonnal, more "band work", lyrics are far ahead of MOTS and AHFOD.

This is the Coldplay that I have known for 20 years.

Yeah this album is perfectly imperfect. It's raw, it has flaws, it goes a bit everywhere but in a more intimate way, and that's what make it a near masterpiece.

And Champion of the World is the perfect Coldplay song.

Might have overcome Parachutes and AROBTTH as my second favorite LP behind Viva.

Edited by VCF