🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

We've had too many little hints these past few months after years of silence for it to not mean anything...

1. Guy acknowledging the IDEA of an LP8 on Instagram.

2. Davide Rossi's Instagram post mentioning "looking back at the past and looking forward to the future".

3. Announcement that Coldplay would return next year for GC Festival 2020.

4. NME posting in November 2018 that Coldplay may release something "in a years time" saying it would be "surprising".

5. DailyStar reporting that Coldplay are releasing an "experimental" album in November (sounds similar to NME's article). We don't see sites like these claiming new Coldplay albums are coming all that often. Last time I remember this kind of reporting to happen was prior to AHFOD's release.

6. Reddit users mentioning that the album will be released "sooner than anticipated".

7. Several radio stations saying that "something new is coming within the next 30 days" etc.

8. Chris has a new haircut. This is by far the most solid lead we have that a new album is imminent. (/s)

All these tidbits add up people!!

• Like 14

The real question is, should we create an LP9 Thread?

• Like 9

Hmmm I wanna let my emotions roll on and start getting hyped but I'm always weary until Coldplay officially says anything. Also remember when they tweeted playing the GC festival next year I misread and thought it was this year and almost cried in excitement, then realized it's next year lol.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I can't believe this is happening! I am really hoping for something sure.

My mind was already set to expect something sometime next year.

Let's goooooooooo!!!

• Like 7

Exciting time guys! I'm semi-sure now about the tidal thing. There is a very good chance they'll play a new song there. >50% I'll say. Lets hope its 'surprising' :p . Btw, when exactly is that show?

• Like 5

Exciting time guys! I'm semi-sure now about the tidal thing. There is a very good chance they'll play a new song there. >50% I'll say. Lets hope its 'surprising' :p . Btw, when exactly is that show?

Do you mean that Rock the Vote thing? According to the tweet Coldplay retweeted, that takes place on October 21. If Coldplay are planning on following a similar marketing strategy to AHFOD (which went from teaser to full release within 5 weeks), October 18th would be a great date to drop a new song and then play it live at Rock the Vote, only for the album to be released towards the end of November.

• Like 4

If this ends up being a lie, I am going to RIOT....... just saying

• Like 8

:joy: great post

Truly, the best rumor out of all of this is the mention of LP9.

• Like 6

Do you mean that Rock the Vote thing? According to the tweet Coldplay retweeted, that takes place on October 21. If Coldplay are planning on following a similar marketing strategy to AHFOD (which went from teaser to full release within 5 weeks), October 18th would be a great date to drop a new song and then play it live at Rock the Vote, only for the album to be released towards the end of November.

Haha. So we keep pulling the date closer and closer . From late 2020, to global citizen 2020 to late 2019 to Oct 21 2019 to just 18th nice. I have my hopes up now -- lets pray that it isn't all an overreaction on our part

• Like 5

I assume 8th and 9th will be the same era?

I wouldn't call Ghost Stories and A Head Full of Dreams the same era

• Like 5

I still have a feeling the "experimental" LP could turn out to be a Los Unidades thing with Global Citizen (they have recorded with a Palestinian artist as per an Instagram post in summer, and Chris spent some time around African musicians, so it might be world music) and the "mainstream" one is a regular LP8 which we all thought would come out in 2020 anyway.

• Like 5

The time has come again, I hope this is true it has been too long

• Like 3

The time has come again, I hope this is true it has been too long

I feel like they just stopped touring a year or two ago....It's crazy how fast time flies... I am ready!!!

• Like 4

I still have a feeling the "experimental" LP could turn out to be a Los Unidades thing with Global Citizen (they have recorded with a Palestinian artist as per an Instagram post in summer, and Chris spent some time around African musicians, so it might be world music) and the "mainstream" one is a regular LP8 which we all thought would come out in 2020 anyway.

Totally agree. We fans tend to forget their pet project aka Los Unidades. Maybe they've been working on something for some charity events (TIDAL Rock The Vote has some charity intentions to it). Maybe this year we are getting a new Los Unidades EP, and next year the real LP8. Either way, we are a couple weeks away from knowing what the guys have been up to these past few years, musically speaking.

• Like 6

Apparently a photoshoot has been done recently...

• Like 11
  • Love 1

No, not yet.

I actually think the question should be; is this rumour true? On the one hand I'm of course hoping the rumours that say 'Coldplay releasing 2 albums in less then a year' are true but still it's so easy to spread false information with just an article and make people (in this case, Coldplay fans) believe that it is actually true.

On the other hand if it's true, the first album which will be the experimental one might be full of older songs where they have been working on in the past but they have never made it to an album for unknown reasons. It would be great if they put unreleased things like Car Kids on an (experimental) album like this.

The only reliable source for us is time at the moment. We will have the real answer to Coldplay's experimental album when November is over.

• Like 6

I NEED TO KNOW MORE :)

• Like 3

I actually think the question should be; is this rumour true?

Thank you, I didnt want to be the downer, but we're already getting out of control here. We barely have real confirmation, and we're already hoping for a single next week...I guess its understandable, we've been so starved for news! Listen, i'd love to be wrong, but after 7 eras of seeing things not pan out, i'll need more confirmation before I go celebrating in the streets.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Thank you, I didnt want to be the downer, but we're already getting out of control here. We barely have real confirmation, and we're already hoping for a single next week...I guess its understandable, we've been so starved for news!

Exactly! I feel like many people already think it's official already but it isn't, right?

Again, I am also hoping for new Coldplay stuff to come this year but we have to remember that all of this could be wrong information. I hope it's not.

• Like 2

If true then it's a lot more likely that if new music is coming this November then it will be Coldplay related and not Los Unidades related.

This is because for Los Unidades the band hasn't really associated their faces with the branding of the band. In fact with the exception of that single live performance Chris did of Los Unidades songs at the South Africa Global Citizen, I don't think the band has acknowledged Los Unidades in public before.

I imagine it will stay that way and that Los Unidades will purely be about the music with no need for advertising and the such. There was barely any marketing done for that first Global Citizen EP and I don't think they will change that approach.

• Like 5

Source?

Not sure as it was a fandom friend that passed on the info from their source. The photoshoot happened last week. Take this with a pinch of salt though!

• Like 4