🏆 VOTE ORPHANS AT THE MTV VMAS 🏆
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

I imagine this kicking off like "Yes" after the strings ....

Hello by the way,old member ofc

• Like 3

That's why I'm a bit reluctant to follow all teasers, rumours, ...

I don't want to have too many expectations that it is going into a specific direction.

But I'm pretty confident that they can't turn this beautiful piece into a pop song.

Except they could. Listen to the first bit of Lana del Rey's Born to Die, for instance. That track starts with a nice orchestral intro, and then transforms into something entirely different.

• Like 2

We got a teaser before the end of Friday!!

Liking what I'm hearing so far. But really hard to gauge what to expect. Could be a piece of a song that is drastically different to the rest of the song, or piece of a song that fits the song generally but the rest of the album is so different. Like midnight vs ghost stories. Want more Coldplay, please and thank you.

• Like 5

Imagine this being XMTS Part II :joy:

:scream: Then I won't buy the album.

• Haha 3

Except they could. Listen to the first bit of Lana del Rey's Born to Die, for instance. That track starts with a nice orchestral intro, and then transforms into something entirely different.

But that's an example of a good pop song/record.

Don't get my hopes down. :p

But this feels more like an outro.

Anyway, we will know when they finally release the whole song. And please Coldplay, make that soon!

(AOAL was released 6 days after AHFOD posters started to appear, so ...)

• Like 1

:scream: Then I won't buy the album.

“So I put my violins up to the sky and feel alive” :D

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

That snippet sounds so nostalgic,

so classic, so sad and peaceful at the same time. I would love to hear more of that music but I doubt the album will be similar to this. It's supposed to be experimental. I think we will be very suprised. Looking forward to hearing more!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

But that's an example of a good pop song/record.

Exactly! That's why I'm confused because do people mean they don't want it to be poppy in the sense that they want the song as an orchestral ballad unlike any other Coldplay release, because I'd argue from parachutes onwards, all of their releases have been 'pop' to some degree, even things like Yes which this could be similar too. Or are people just worried this song might descend into a trap beat club song with violins in the background haha

Love your profile pic BTW

• Like 3

I’m actually thinking the violins are an intro, and then Will will drop the beat :p wedding dance orchestra style!

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Do you think we’ll get more teasers today?

Or one per day leading up to the single release?

• Like 1

Wow, just woke up to this and I can't still believe the new era is so inminent!!

I wonder if we'll have sth else today, maybe the new single (I think I'm being too hopeful:confounded:). But yet I strongly believe that Monday will be the day.

• Like 1

I just checked out that teaser video on Twitter.

Someone here said it's a bit Arabian, another one said it's a bit Jazz. lol

It just sounds very classical to me. Maybe a bit cinematic. Either way, I like it!

This is exciting times really! And oh yeah, I think it's the outro of an album track.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Guys. This snippet sounds so magical, but unfortunately it did not come straight from the heavens into Coldplay's brains.

It's from a Charlie Chaplin movie (which makes sense), as Twitter user @_nora_lilo noticed :

The Circus Prospers/The Lion's Cage

• Like 8

I think we’re gonna witness something great

• Like 1

Like somebody else said: the music is from a Charlie Chaplin movie!

We'll find out shortly what they're going to sound like! (30 second teaser 'Trouble in Town')

• Like 3

So I just woke up (a little late) and I got sooo many notifications. And it was too much to read, so I had to search so hard until I found out what happened hahaha.

The music sounds like an outro of a song.. but it doesn't mean amything. It could be violet hill alike with a quiet outro or just some strings jn the middle of a song.

If you listen to the strings of True Love for example, it's so different from the song... The only thing this snippet really means is that Davide Rossi topped himself again with beautiful strings!

I think there is a possibility we might get a longer snippet / single later today, but we'll have to wait for that to see it happen

• Like 2

Just checked out their Youtube official account and found out that the number of uploaded videos changed from 220 to 221, so they added a new video. I don't know if anyone realised before.

For me it is all getting so confusing...

• Like 4
  • Wow 4

Do you think we’ll get more teasers today?

Or one per day leading up to the single release?

I think it will be one per day, they don't often post several things in one day....but since they're going to be "full of surprises" from now on, we don't know what will happen :joy:

Btw I do have to express my love for that bit we heard. Even if it's technically just a cover of the intro of that Charlie Chaplin movie bit, it's so wonderful, so well done. Davide, our true king.

My first reaction to hearing it was similar to a new mom hearing her a baby for the first time :joy: i was all tearful and like "oh this is the most beautiful sound I've ever heard :sob::sob::sob:" hahaha

• Like 6
  • Love 1

It's from a Charlie Chaplin movie ...

Thanks a lot. That's why it sounded slightly familiar to me.

So their new album might contain songs from other artists which they rearranged, hopefully with the others' permission.

Their album might well have a classical sound. Will once said he listens to classical music in the morning and Chris has written some classical sounding music as for instance the Invictus Games anthem.

Very exciting.

• Like 4

Coldplay and classical music would be great :heart_eyes:

something like this:

• Like 1

Guys. This snippet sounds so magical, but unfortunately it did not come straight from the heavens into Coldplay's brains.

It's from a Charlie Chaplin movie (which makes sense), as Twitter user @_nora_lilo noticed :

Ha! So I was right that it sounds cinematic.

• Like 3