🏆 VOTE COLDPLAY AT THE MTV EMA'S 🏆
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

Guys. This snippet sounds so magical, but unfortunately it did not come straight from the heavens into Coldplay's brains.

It's from a Charlie Chaplin movie (which makes sense), as Twitter user @_nora_lilo noticed :

The Circus Prospers/The Lion's Cage

No, it is Coldplay who is f*****g with my brain! :p

In Dutch we say "iemand blij maken met een dode mus", loosely translated: "make someone happy with a dead sparrow".

But it is still exciting to hear something this extraordinary.

They've got my attention.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

At least I was right about something :

But I'm pretty confident that they can't turn this beautiful piece into a pop song.

What a weird day and hour to release a teaser like that... makes me wonder when we’ll get something else o_O

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I'm so happy we got to see a teaser!!!

I saw some interesting theories from different people about this album being full of, time travelling, songs from 1919 up to 2019, which is very interesting.

I think Coldplay can't express all of the songs that are on the new album with just a teaser of 15 seconds, that's just impossible. The AOAL teaser couldn't do it with the whole A Head Full Of Dreams album either. So, it's really exciting to not know what kind of songs to expect on the new record.

Also, I heard some people mentioning the VIVA era? As a die-hard fan of the VIVA era, I would say that it's unlikely they are doing something in any direction of VIVA or anything else Coldplay have already done. They will always do something different each era.

Every Coldplay album is brilliant in its own way, Coldplay have surprised me with each of their 7 studio albums so far and I am pretty sure that they will surprise us in a way with their upcoming release/songs/album.

• Like 9

In Dutch we say "iemand blij maken met een dode mus", loosely translated: "make someone happy with a dead sparrow".

Well we've found the concert opener then. They often use existing pieces for that, or less frequently as parts of songs. Setting the mood.

• Like 4

Nothing wrong with snippets featuring other artists or movies....has happened on every album so far in this or the other form.

• Like 2

Someone already post this?

Credit to Nora Lilo on Twitter.

Yeah, it was already posted by someone in this thread.

• Like 2

Loving the snippet! What a lovely way to wake up on a Saturday morning. I am still confused as to how the Arabic and sun/moon dynamic fits in :joy:

Maybe this era is going to play out like an old black-and-white movie? Something like "A Trip to the Moon"?

• Like 6

I'm late to the madness but did anyone translate the Arabic writing in the top right corner of the poster?

• Like 1

Also.. I'm glad to be crawling out of my hole to enjoy the start of this new era. I always find the start of new coldplay eras to be the best times to be fans.

• Like 4

Not sure if anybody noticed and I know this is a random string but even the YouTube is on the Coldplay's side :p The video ID "O22N1lH5sss". As an interesting info, there are enough ID string combinations to make everyone on earth produce video every single minute for 18000 years and yet they have been gifted with 22N inside of it.

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

Haha indeed

(Ik ben nog nooit zo blij geweest met een dode mus btw)

• Like 1

I'm late to the madness but did anyone translate the Arabic writing in the top right corner of the poster?

Yeah it means something like "human beings" and the other one "peace and love". The "peace and love" message is in their studio on the wall since viva.

• Like 1

Loving the snippet! What a lovely way to wake up on a Saturday morning. I am still confused as to how the Arabic and sun/moon dynamic fits in :joy:

Maybe this era is going to play out like an old black-and-white movie? Something like "A Trip to the Moon"?

It's a lovely string piece, not unlike the kind we find on Yes, which is a Middle Eastern-sounding song. That's what I'm thinking.

Even if this isn't featured on the album, it's notable that this is who they're taking influence from, rather than, say, Katy Perry and Flo Rida on AHFoD.

• Like 3

Yeah, it was already posted by someone in this thread.

Ah my bad. I woke up to all this and a few more pages so I didn't have a chance to check. Pretty neat though!

Yes!!! This is happening! We are getting more Coldplay!!!! Even if the piece is not found in the album, it shows their influences in a way!!! So excited!

• Like 1

It's good to be back and see all the excitement for a new Coldplay album!

To me it already looks way more promising than AHFOD.

• Like 2

It's good to be back and see all the excitement for a new Coldplay album!

Yeah, like coming back to school after summer break or something. Seeing a lot of familiar user names and some new ones who seem to be strong posters already!

• Like 11

This has nothing to do with old jazz band or middle east sounds.. and it's great!

I'm guessing the album might be a merge of all these sounds - jazz, old swing, bee-bop, big band, classical, middle eastern influences, country, as well as some honkytonk piano / western sounds with banjos and fiddles for Trouble In Town :sun:

• Like 6

Damn, after all this waiting I missed the time when the actual teaser dropped :joy:

I think it sounds great but does not tell us a lot about the actual sound of the album, though (just as the AOAL teaser couldn't for AHFOD). I could imagine it being the album's intro.

By the way I listened to the start of the Charlie Chaplin piece and imho only the first half of the notes sound like it. I'm not sure it's a sample, maybe just inspired by it.

• Like 3

I missed the teaser too, but I needed to sleep! :sleeping: Anyway, I think this teaser shows some of the sounds they got inspired from, and it is VERY classical for them... which makes me excited!! Let’s remember the rumors of it being an “experimental” album... yessss!!!!

• Like 3

Don't know if anyone has said this or not, but after hearing the 15 second teaser and hearing those strings, someone on the Facebook post said that maybe the album could be an album of reworkings of different Coldplay tracks from their past albums. Maybe the reworked songs will be the youtube videos that the thumbnails were changed to black and white and have the symbol on them? Maybe orchestra reworkings of old songs.

• Like 6