✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[09-2020] C A N C E L L E D | Coldplay to perform live @ Global Citizen Festival 2020

Gideon_Mx

How many songs from CP's new album are they going to perform live at Global Citizen Festival 2020?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How many songs from CP's new album are they going to perform live at Global Citizen Festival 2020?

• Less D:
    • More =D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

U P D A T E

Unfortunately, due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) this year's Global Goal event has been 

C A N C E L L E D !

''Global Goal Live, the campaign, will extend into 2021, and the major events will be postponed to September 25, 2021.''

For more information visit this website:

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/global-goal-live-possible-dream-whos-playing-2020/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's officially announced by Global Citizen that Coldplay (/Los Unidades?) are going to perform at one of the Global Goal Live events! Woo-hoo =D

Global Citizen Festival 2020's global goal events start from September 26th (more dates to be announced).

This thread is to announce and discuss their 2020 appearance, performance.

It could be a fun to see a discussion about a potential setlist for this performance next year. I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks. Will they be playing some CP songs, Los Unidades songs, songs from Everyday Life or perhaps new songs?

There might be a chance we will get to hear brand new songs as the event will take place in the new decade (2020-2029) of course. We'll find out next year (in 2020).

There are currently 4 8 more days to go before the event starts.

Read more here:

--> https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/metallica-billie-eilish-miley-cyrus-and-more-global-citizen-891160/

--> (Official Global Citizen announcement via Twitter)

Let's start to . . . .

COUNTDOWN! (it's actually working now)

(Timezone: GMT +00:00) ==> http://countingdownto.com/?c=2674336

P.S. It seems like the most suitable place to post this thread, if it's not then please put it in the right place dear moderators =D

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We're getting closer to 342 days before Coldplay's confirmed performance at Global Citizen's Festival in 2020, so keep an eye on the countdown ^^^

I will try to keep this thread up-to-date until the day Coldplay's performance takes place.

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I think there will be many more Coldplay shows before this and possibly even another album in the works come this gig :rolleyes:

Thanks for commenting! I completely agree with this.

Btw, it's nice to see you around here :grinning:

There's a new poll, make sure to submit your vote if you haven't voted yet!

• Like 2

Thanks for commenting! I completely agree with this.

Btw, it's nice to see you around here :grinning:

There's a new poll, make sure to submit your vote if you haven't voted yet!

Nice to see you as well! I'd love to be as active as I was a couple years back, but my time has been swallowed up by a new job.

. . .

I wonder, will this be a full 20+ song set? I certainly hope so. But we are a long ways away haha. It's very likely that they play even newer songs beyond LP8 by the time that gig rolls around, and sort of brush LP8 to the wayside by then. It really depends what the other dozen songs sound like on Everyday Life (some are quite short and some are not really suited for a big live show, like Guns). But at the very least they will play Orphans. I wish Arabesque too, but I'm curious how that song will work live (guess we'll find out in a little over a week!). And I'm sure there will be another 1-2 songs on the album that emerge as hits that will be staples at live shows for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

I also doubt the festival will take place, at least not this year. This is so sad, because they seem to have new songs. Chris hinted at it when giving his 'Together at Home' concert. It is strange that shortly before the outbreak of the pandemic Chris said they were not going on tour in the near future, He didn't think of a virus, though. I am glad they were able to release 'Everyday Life'. 

• Like 3

U P D A T E

1st post has been updated after a long time !

There are currently 4 7  days to go before the event starts.

For more information about the global citizen festival 2020 go to the first post ^^^.

Edited by Gideon_Mx

We're getting closer and closer, 47 days away from this big Global Goal event!

In the meantime, a lot of stuff has happened. Time has just flown by even though in a way it seemed it had stood still due to the lockdown, something that affected so many people of many countries, all of this caused by the appearance of the sickening Coronavirus (COVID-19). 

I assume that most of us are looking forward to it, including myself. Since we cannot predict what the coming weeks or months will bring us it is still very uncertain how all of this will eventually turn out. What do you think will happen? Are invited artists (including Coldplay) be performing their songs on stage? What does everyone think about it? Let's discuss!

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

We're getting closer and closer, 47 days away from this big Global Goal event!

In the meantime, a lot of stuff has happened. Time has just flown by even though in a way it seemed it had stood still due to the lockdown, something that affected so many people of many countries, all of this caused by the appearance of the sickening Coronavirus (COVID-19). 

I assume that most of us are looking forward to it, including myself. Since we cannot predict what the coming weeks or months will bring us it is still very uncertain how all of this will eventually turn out. What do you think will happen? Are invited artists (including Coldplay) be performing their songs on stage? What does everyone think about it? Let's discuss!

It's not happening unfortunately. 

Update, May 5, 2020: In light of COVID-19, Global Citizen and Teneo announced that Global Goal Live: The Possible Dream, the year-long campaign and multi-city series of events meant to drive impact for the world to achieve the United Nations Global Goals, will not take place on Sept. 26, 2020. Global Goal Live, the campaign, will extend into 2021, and the major events will be postponed to Sept. 25, 2021. Learn more here.

source: 
https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/global-goal-live-possible-dream-whos-playing-2020/

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, vinny9 said:

It's not happening unfortunately. 

Update, May 5, 2020: In light of COVID-19, Global Citizen and Teneo announced that Global Goal Live: The Possible Dream, the year-long campaign and multi-city series of events meant to drive impact for the world to achieve the United Nations Global Goals, will not take place on Sept. 26, 2020. Global Goal Live, the campaign, will extend into 2021, and the major events will be postponed to Sept. 25, 2021. Learn more here.

source: 

Oh that is bad news! By the way, I didn't do any research before writing this. Sorry about that!

Thanks for sharing, I immediately will update the 1st post!

13 hours ago, vinny9 said:

In some good news we are only 40 days away from iHeart. ?

That is good news indeed!

I cannot wait what that show will bring us! Old classics? Brand new Coldplay songs? At least we have something to look forward to this year!

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Love 1

• Gideon_Mx changed the title to [09-2020] C A N C E L L E D | Coldplay to perform live @ Global Citizen Festival 2020