🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
Coeurli

Èkó - Sunset

Now that we have the official track list, we can discuss each track individually!

What do you think the 3rd track of Sunset/Everyday life part 2 will sound like ?

:moon:

^ Interesting! My guess right now is gonna be a short 1-2 minute track that includes a big choir of voices. Sunset is supposed to be the "happier" side of the album or at least the more hopeful side.

If Jacob Collier is on this thing I bet it will be this big vocal harmonization piece leading into Cry Cry Cry

Definitely one of my favorites on the album. It reminds me a lot of the song Paul Simon - ‘The Coast’ and actually the full album ‘ Rhythm Of The Saints’. Or even ‘Graceland’, using the african references and biblical characters. If you like the song and don’t know Rhythm Of The Saints, check it out.

• Like 3

I think Chris said in the BBC Live Lounge in 2017 that Graceland is one of his favourite albums ! And that he listened to it while in Zimbabwe as a kid, if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

I think Chris said in the BBC Live Lounge in 2017 that Graceland is one of his favourite albums ! And that he listened to it while in Zimbabwe as a kid, if I remember correctly.

Oh cool, didn't know that! Great album.

Definitely one of my favorites on the album. It reminds me a lot of the song Paul Simon - ‘The Coast’ and actually the full album ‘ Rhythm Of The Saints’. Or even ‘Graceland’, using the african references and biblical characters. If you like the song and don’t know Rhythm Of The Saints, check it out.

Both those albums seem like a blueprint for Everyday Life.

This song has grown on me. I think it's a beautifully narrative of what it feels when someone has to left their family and the ones they love because of work, war or whatever circumstances they are.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Has grown on me as well ! Thanks for your interpretation @Blockflote, that totally makes sense. I was struggling to understand the meaning before but now I get it !!

• Like 2

Mygod this one is so sweet. Tiwa Savage's voice beautifully compliments the song.

Great lyrics too. The last verse kills you

Joseph rode in on a beam of light

Dreamed of his Queen by his side

There'll be a beautiful sunset

And you'll be a beautiful bride

:sob: :sob: :sob:

• Like 2

I truly believe this song is supremely underrated!!! It simply beautiful! My only wish is that they sing it at least once more live! :sob:

• Like 2

Very underrated. It was one of my fave tracks on my first few listens. Very Paul Simon and love the backing vocals. Sounds a lot like early Coldplay too. Could have sat comforably with I Bloom Blaum and See You Soon.

Of all the tracks on the album tho I definitely haven't been listening as much. I think part of it is the weird placement after Orphans, which puts me in a dancy indie pop sing-along mood but then diving into a gentle acoustic story piece feels jarring.

• Like 3

You need a French Passports?

The indefinite article preceding a plural noun? That's a definite no-no. At least you could check your grammar before sharing a post to make it more credible than it is now even though it's not absolutely believable. :dizzy3:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

From promises he'd leave behind

When there was no passport

He missed the sky and its circus

And countless, the stars...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

From promises he'd leave behind

When there was no passport

He missed the sky and its circus

And countless, the stars...