🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
I ran away

Official LP 10 Thread

Hi everyone, welcome to the official thread for Coldplay's upcoming 10th studio album.

I've been getting really hyped about LP 10 these past few days, so what do you think it will sound like ? :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If they follow up what they did with Everyday Life and make the songs "more complete", LP 10 could be their best album!

Nine 7 minute long songs with 4 verses each song and everybody playing the hell out of their instruments :cool:

• Like 1

My only hope is that they have an analogy of more happy songs. That's it. Oh and I love their interludes but they need to make a little bit more sence than the ones on Everyday Life or atleast be more produced with proper Coldplay elements to them than just some stock bland sound effects from a royalty free library. Like I heavily doubt anybody is interested to hear just a sound effect of a noisy town and a little bit after that birds with the sound of a clock tower or church. They don't seem to offer anything to the record. It needs to be something more like Keleidoscope, A Hopefull Transmission, O or whatever. But then again I don't want to take away anything from their freedom of artistic expression, even though I think they did a rather questionable choice here which ended up sounding better as an idea than in practice.

LP10????? We don't even know for sure when LP9 will be released :joy:

• Like 2

LP10? Obviously it'll be 10 spoken word tracks consisting of Guy talking about cars.

Car Kids: The Album

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I’m just commenting because I want to be one of the first posts on this thread.

SAME

• Like 2

I originally made this thread as a joke, but when I saw so many people posting I thought...do you think we can overtake the current LP9 thread in terms of activity ? That would be kinda awesome :joy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I think if Coldplay were to do a self-titled album, it'd be a compilation album rather than something with new material. I seem to remember reading about them once saying they'd never do a greatest hits album, but they've been known to break from tradition and change their minds about things.

• Like 1

That reworked X&Y album that Chris talked about doing...

• Like 3

That reworked X&Y album that Chris talked about doing...

I thought that too. Maybe the joke is on us and this thread is not actually that far-fetched :D

Then again, do you believe they'd really do that ? I doubt it. And Chris was like, I haven't told the band yet, so I bet it's just a random idea of his.

• Like 1

After listening to Snow Patrol's Reworked album for a couple of weeks, I wouldn't mind a Coldplay album like that after LP9. Maybe they could put new versions of some X&Y songs on that, along with some other old songs and a new track or two. Bring in Davide Rossi to work his magic with strings on songs like Square One and X&Y. Bring in Jacob Collier again for new versions of Fix You and Swallowed In the Sea. Do a version of Twisted Logic with a big brass section. :heart_eyes:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I thought that too. Maybe the joke is on us and this thread is not actually that far-fetched :D

Then again, do you believe they'd really do that ? I doubt it. And Chris was like, I haven't told the band yet, so I bet it's just a random idea of his.

I’m not holding my breath!

But he did sound serious and not his usual joking manner so it’s hard to say. I hope by putting it out in the universe - and on radio where all the fans have heard it! - the band might consider it. Heh.

• Like 1

After listening to Snow Patrol's Reworked album for a couple of weeks, I wouldn't mind a Coldplay album like that after LP9. Maybe they could put new versions of some X&Y songs on that, along with some other old songs and a new track or two. Bring in Davide Rossi to work his magic with strings on songs like Square One and X&Y. Bring in Jacob Collier again for new versions of Fix You and Swallowed In the Sea. Do a version of Twisted Logic with a big brass section. :heart_eyes:

Yes!

I enjoyed SP’s reworked a lot (though I feel the original slower songs should have given a more edgier/rockier twist instead of being even more slower) so I wouldn’t hate the idea. Maybe officially release some of the b-sides which we haven’t heard yet.

• Like 1