✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

15 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Ah yes that would be super cool. This would mean Jonny playing the guitar with a violin bow. ?

Thank you for reminding me of what that screencap reminds me of. This whole video is VERY Kaotica/HP vibes. 

Just like how a certain other Jonny (Jonny Greenwood) has played guitar before ?

jR3C1ua.jpg

Either a Radiohead or a Muse-influenced record would be so cool. Maybe the music video will take inspiration from Sing For Absolution... and the screen cap really does looks like something out of a Muse video.

1 hour ago, harrisonrules said:

Its definitely Girl 

There will probably be song mentioning a girl sort of How HP says the Boy is Electric 

20210602_224610.jpg

Didn't someone find "Universe Girl" written in Kaotican on some of the band's equipment? That's what I see in the image on the left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 42Escapist said:

Just like how a certain other Jonny (Jonny Greenwood) has played guitar before ?

jR3C1ua.jpg

Either a Radiohead or a Muse-influenced record would be so cool. Maybe the music video will take inspiration from Sing For Absolution... and the screen cap really does looks like something out of a Muse video.

Didn't someone find "Universe Girl" written in Kaotican on some of the band's equipment? That's what I see in the image on the left.

Yes universe girl I also saw connected on that same picture 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, harrisonrules said:

JOY on side 

Can't make out 1st letter on back of amp but 2nd is I and its 4 letters 

20210602_220105.jpg

Where/when is this screencap? I find it kind of odd that Jonny has a guitar just sitting on the amp instead of on a stand (or being carried away by a roadie). Is this during the Scientist when he has the make the acoustic-to-electric switch? My dreaming heart would love for Jonny to play lap-steel inspired guitar on a flat guitar though (which is roughly the sound in Hypnotised). Also very present on the record Bon Iver by Bon Iver.

9 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

jR3C1ua.jpg

That WOULD be cool. How about a collaboration with Radiohead instead. 2 Jonny's and 2 hairless drummers. That would break the internet....but probably not.

Kind of interesting to come full circle to Radiohead and Muse though - a lot of people describe Parachutes as a watered down Oasis+Radiohead, and you kind of hear the RH influence on songs like Spies, High Speed, Bigger Stronger - the guitar sounds are quite reminiscent of the Bends. Meanwhile, Shiver is a blatant ripoff of Jeff Buckley's Grace. And I think either Chris or Guy has described GPASUYF as being rather Muse-inspired. 

But those are all pertaining to OLD Radiohead and OLD Muse, whereas both of these bands have gone a lot more electronic and experimental in the past 10-15 years. So ripping off and watering down NEW RH/NEW Muse would be rather fascinating. Which also reminds me, Coldplay has never quite done a proper take on dubstep the way that Muse's Unsustainable is very blatantly "let use guitars to sound like Srillex". Would be fun to see Coldplay try that kind of thing, though I know there are many dubstep haters out there. 

I guess my bottom line though is this - there's so much music out there, and sure maybe the BTS thing might happen, but there's just so much inspiration and new directions Coldplay could still take with this record because we haven't heard most of the songs!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lennyrott1 said:

Honestly I'd love it if GaGa was featured on a song and it became apparent that Chromatica exists in the same universe. It would be like the Coldplay Extended Universe, featuring Chromatic, Silencia, and Kaotica.

Gaga gets a lot of flack but she's very talented lady gaga please GIF

• Like 4

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion