✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Brilliant song. Mix of a lot of songs I like, DAAHF, 42, Atlas, MTM, Scientist. And perfectly in it's own new style. 10:18, loving that, f*Β radio edits.Β 

Gotta say I hear some Queen influence in there too (lyrics and piano) and track length haha. And some elbow. 10/10

Edited by tom043
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, CP-EST said:

I thought this "PM me"Β culture is forbidden. Are all the moderators on Coloratura now?Β Β ?

Rather infuriating. If someone wants something, PM the user. Don't spam threads on the forum!Β 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MarckozZ said:

post thoseΒ goodies please!

Possible Humankind lyrics

Β 

My heart started glowing

I feel it inside It is flowing

I know I know I know I know

My heart started glowing

I know I know I know I know.

We are only human

Β 

I'm not 100% sure these are accurate BTWΒ 

1 minute ago, harrisonrules said:

Possible Humankind lyrics

Β 

My heart started glowing

I know I know I know I know

My heart started glowing

I know I know I know I know.

We are only human

Β 

I'm not 100% sure these are accurate BTWΒ 

can you post the source, please? :P

3 hours ago, CP-EST said:

I thought this "PM me"Β culture is forbidden. Are all the moderators on Coloratura now?Β Β ?

It did take some time to get back to earth.Β 

Reminder, no distribution of unreleased material folks!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think this’s the best closure to an album by them so far. I was afraid that we will get some silent minutes like we did on O lol. Overall this is the best closure to a Coldplay album by far.
Β 

IfΒ we get at least two more songs like this one it’llΒ be a great album.Β 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

[sorry to be double reposting here because i can't tell if the Coloratura thread or this thread is where all the action is at lol]

What a brilliant song in every possible way! My only complaint is Jonny's solo is a bit short. But my first few thoughts:

-TheΒ refugee-centric narrative becomes more clear here. MOTSvol1 sounds like a journey for an alien to somewhere that welcomes them.Β 

-The lyrics have an interesting common thread withΒ SJLT and Flags, in which there's a lot of naming-of-historical-figures (if you count superheroes as historical figures). It's not my instant favourite way of being as compared to early Coldplay's vague angst, VLV era vague 1800s angst, or Up&Up which is full of fun imagery/literary references. But it works and it's cool.Β 

Various stylistic thoughts:

-What an interesting evolution ofΒ Moving to Mars, Gravity, DaddyΒ in particular. The harps and strings are a great touch. I hope they can recreate all of that live!! Common to MTM and Coloratura and also HP is how much heavy lifting Will does vocally. He sounds GREAT.Β 

-A lot of Lydian mode is used in Coloratura, ie if you have a piano in front of you, play an F-to-F scale only on the white keys (as opposed to having a B-flat). You know what else is in Lydian mode?Β the theme to Back to the FutureΒ (and also the Simpsons lol).Β 

-Jonny tweeted on the CP Q+A that he was experimenting with aΒ Meris Enzo synthesizer pedal.Β You can really hear it in the 1st chorus and a few other spots where the guitar is super um, synth-like. Eg the tremolo effect with shifting filter. And later he plays a melody that sounds like a synth but pretty sure it's generated from the guitar. SUPER COOL.

-The bassline is so cool! Phil tweeted and referred to it as "waterfall". It reminds me a lot of Explorers by Muse:

Β 

-The piano is obviously very good. A lot of chromaticism and interesting chord changes very reminiscent of Bohemian Rhapsdody and also United States of Eurasia by Muse:

Β 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LisaFeehily said:

I really hope they'll remove the ad in the middle of the song on YouTube. The ones at the beginning and end should be enough. It was a weirdΒ interruption while listening.

Honestly, IΒ think that if they cut a song like this down to 3-4mins and released as aΒ single that it would actually do better than HP. This style suits them as a bandΒ so much better in my opinion.

Right, and the freaking YouTube algorithm knows when Jonny's solo starts and decided that's the best time to interruptΒ ?. I have it in Spotify, but there no lyrics there yet lol.

Could be a radio edit, but since is not officially a single I don't think is probably.

• Like 2

Can we just agree that we need the boys to follow their hearts? I know the mainstream stuff is not up to everybody's taste, but just imagine how we simply wouldn't have this masterpiece if it wasn't for all the years of exploring new stuff ❀️

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 2
  • Love 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, eddmen said:

Right, and the freaking YouTube algorithm knows when Jonny's solo starts and decided that's the best time to interruptΒ ?. I have it in Spotify, but there no lyrics there yet lol.

Could be a radio edit, but since is not officially a single I don't think is probably.

Haha, yes,Β the ad distracted me from the solo a bit. I've installed an ad blocker now so it shouldn't bother me anymore!Β ?Β Youtube must have placed the adΒ due to the length of the video, it could still be removed though.Β Anyway,Β I think the video is very beautiful otherwise.

Someone else on here rated Coloratura 7/10, and I think that's fair. It's a massive step up from HP (2/10). 10/10 for me would be songs like Clocks or The Scientist.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

For me Coloratura is in another dimension, can't even rate it. I find it funny that even though I've followed them since the beginning and Fix You is like my favorite song ever I'm completely grounded by Coloratura. I think it's a total masterpiece.Β 

But we all have different opinions and taste and that should be respected and valued ❀️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Care 1

33 minutes ago, LisaFeehily said:

Haha, yes,Β the ad distracted me from the solo a bit. I've installed an ad blocker now so it shouldn't bother me anymore!Β ?Β Youtube must have placed the adΒ due to the length of the video, it could still be removed though.Β Anyway,Β I think the video is very beautiful otherwise.

Someone else on here rated Coloratura 7/10, and I think that's fair. It's a massive step up from HP (2/10). 10/10 for me would be songs like Clocks or The Scientist.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Aouch, HP must be like your least favorite Coldplay song?

Edited by Famous_Old_Painter

1 hour ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Aouch, HP must be like your least favorite Coldplay song?

Yes! ?Β And I can't even tell you what exactly it is about that song, I just can't connect with it at all. It's not even about oldplay vs newplay for me, or indie vs pop. Cause I love songs like Trouble in Town or AOAL.Β And I love it when Coldplay experiment, BrokEn for example is another song that I love and that I find more uplifting than HP for some reason.Β 

Edited by LisaFeehily

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I've been following this thread since last year but I never created my account until now though. Coloratura is a total masterpiece, the bestΒ song Coldplay have ever written since AROBTTH.Β 

I wanted to say also that maybe Rescue St is under the name of Human Heart, I remember an interview where the bandΒ saidΒ that this song was only focused on vocals, probably the music remains the same but lyrics are different or they had to change the title due to the new album concept (planets, space and universe). And this is not the only example out there. Just listen to Humankind intro we've already listened so far in the album trailer, it sounds the exact way on Life is Beautiful, but the name is totally different and maybe that's what happens all the time with the song titles and song structures of unreleased music from the band. Remember also that Car kids guitar riff was later released as Vodoo under Los Unidades, and elements from The Blue Room were incorporated into Square One. The same happened with December, which turned into Violet Hill and so on. Maybe The Race will come out with a different title and is already included into MOTS. Who knows?

Imo, Coloratura sounds that was composed originally in the X&Y era, but in that time was not fully completed and sounded "passionless" as Chris mentioned once in an interview when the band was composing a lot of songs that were about to be included in the album, but they were ditched then. Remember that 42 songs were ditched from X&Y. Maybe the new album contains songs from that era.

Edited by DΓ©jΓ  Vu
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion