✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

1 hour ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

I'm surprised it hasn't leaked yet.Β 

I check everyday to see if thereΒ are leaksΒ hahaha not that I would download it, but I just want to see if they can make it to release day without any leaks.Β 

4 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Question for the entire forum: if it leaks, would you listen?

Personally I'll hold out until the urge becomes unbearable.

As the previous LP, I will download it to listen as soon as possible (despite the criticism there is always a lot of hype with new albums jejeje) and the 15 October I will buy a CD in a local store. If I like the album I will buy some extra merchandasing, IΒ΄m still waiting to the My Universe singles to arrive at home jeje

5 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

No way! I have pre-ordered the special edition CD, but will buy the vinyl in a local store next friday. I have only listened to Higher Power and Human Heart, and I’m so excited to hear the new album for the first time.Β 

For me, the first listening experience is always special. Looking through the artwork, hearing the new songs in high quality on my soundsystem. Also, I have taken the day off, so I will watch all the tv performances back that I’ve missed because I didn’t want to hear more new songs. So releasedayΒ is a complete Coldplay day for me ?

No way would I spoil this experience by listening to a leak. But hey, that’s me ?

Edited by Bauk
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Oh yeah definitely.

But I still buy the vinyl and the CD as well so to me listening to the leak won't make me feel guilty.Β 

I only listen to the leaks cause I'm impatient and I can't wait for the actual release. Heh.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, shred said:

Oh yeah definitely.

But I still buy the vinyl and the CD as well so to me listening to the leak won't make me feel guilty.Β 

I only listen to the leaks cause I'm impatient and I can't wait for the actual release. Heh.

Exactly the same here. I spent so much money with this band that I feel it allows me to listen everything earlyΒ ?

• Haha 1

I've always listened to leaks! My philosophy is this: If I get hit by a bus the day before the album drops, I don't want to miss the opportunity. Plus others listen the leaks so it's not like I'm missing out on the shared moment & discussion. I specifically remember listening to GS on a Tuesday before it came out, then AHFOD on the dayΒ  after Thanksgiving in 2015 while I was running errands. I listened to EL a think on the Wednesday before it dropped early in the morning as the sun rose, which was magical. I don't recall if MX leaked, but like MOTS we'd heard like half the album by then...

Edit: And yes, I guess it's technically stealing BUT I do end up buying/streaming these songs a thousand times and delete the leak as soon as the album's out.Β 

Edited by lennyrott1
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

I probably would listen to the leaks - they're super-rich, so I don't care about ethics - but since leaks get shot down here incredibly quickly and I don't know where else to find them, I'll just settle for listening to it at the intended time on my pre-ordered CD.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, harrisonrules said:

Coldplay played POTP againΒ 

Where? ?

Β 

I am anti leak just because it doesn’t seem to be what the band intends for how we enjoy the music. I listened to Overtura (many times), the released songs, and Human Heart since the band seems to want that for us.Β 
Β 

Am also curious when preorders arrive. I ordered the autographed CD but normally I always buy through a local record store so I’m not used to this!

PSAΒ Coldplay have announcedΒ The Atmospheres, an immersive journey through the Spheres to celebrate the launch of the new album, to be held in several cities on the 15th and 16th. You’re not supposed to be able to book a slot until tomorrow (the 8th); but strangely, I just succeeded and have a confirmed slot at 2pm on the Friday in London! Not sure whether or not they opened the booking early by accident, but sharing in case anyone here wants to jump on it atΒ https://www.coldplayspheres.com.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Is this autographed copy from Warner legit? Because I already pre-ordered it LOL. Coldplay sent a text about it.

https://store.warnermusic.com/music-of-the-spheres-autographed-cd.html

I want to know as well. Already bought it. But it is the official Warner site and Coldplay repostet it in their Story so I guess… 

• Like 1

Guys do you think the tour will be affected by any restrictions because of the pandemic? I've never seen Coldplay live and I'm just waiting for them to set the dates to buy a ticket, but I was wondering if the experience will be the same as always i.e. sold out stadiums packed with people. I would be disappointed if my first time seeing them live will be a stripped down version of what it usually is.

7 minutes ago, GarbageOffice said:

Guys do you think the tour will be affected by any restrictions because of the pandemic? I've never seen Coldplay live and I'm just waiting for them to set the dates to buy a ticket, but I was wondering if the experience will be the same as always i.e. sold out stadiums packed with people. I would be disappointed if my first time seeing them live will be a stripped down version of what it usually is.

The tour will probably start in mid/late 2022, so most restrictions are likely to be gone by the time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion