✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

This album frustrates me. There a few gems on this and but the rest are duds. It's forgettable and unimpressive. I know the boys can do so much better because they are the same band that released Everyday Life not too long ago.Β 

I always have a Coldplay album on repeat when it first comes out cause I want to be in that glow of new Coldplay music. I didn't have that feeling for this album. This album just doesn't make sense to me. I thought EL was disjointed and messy but this makes EL art.Β 

Gems:

?

People of the Pride

♾️

Coloratura

Β 

Honorable mentions:

Humankind

Biutyful

Β 

The WTF:

My Universe

Β 

Forgettable:

Everything else

Β 

Will do an album rank later but right now, AHFOD is winning over this one...

• Like 1

The reception this album is having genuinely makes me feel like crying, I'm probably will going to do it after publishing this actually. I know the band is not even seeing all of it and I definitely need to snap back into reality instead of obsessing over them but still. See you around my friends, I need to detach myself from the internet as much as possible for now ?

Β 

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

The reception this album is having genuinely makes me feel like crying, I'm will probably going to do it after publishing this actually. I know the band is not even seeing all of it and I definitely need to snap back into reality instead of obsessing over them but still. See you around my friends, I need to detach myself from the internet as much as possible for now ?

Agreed. While I don't like the album much and agree with plenty of the criticisms thrown at it, there's been plenty of toxicity especially on the subreddit. In this forum people do hate it but at least they don't attack other people's opinions and respect what others think. But on the subreddit I've been seeing people getting downvoted for liking the album, even some who say its their favorite album get attacked and said that their opinions are a load of shit. I've gotten downvoted for for respecting their opinion.

Again, I'm extremely disappointed in the album. But that doesn't merit the insulting of those who like it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TheBigBadBono said:

While I don't like the album much and agree with plenty of the criticisms thrown at it, there's been plenty of toxicity especially on the subreddit. In this forum people do hate it but at least they don't attack other people's opinions and respect what others think.

I truly enjoyed the songs, seriously! Even though I also agreed with some of the criticism. TheΒ problem here is that this isn't like AHFOD, which had a mixed/controversial reception, MOTS is panned, trulyΒ panned. And it all feels so unnecessary to me, people are writing the band off like they were f***ing Maroon 5 or something.

Anyway, now that I'm done with my crying (it wasn't manner of speech, I'm feeling that awful), I just hope they can turn things around for the best. And no, the bandΒ doesn't need aΒ "back to the roots" bullshit: Coloratura was bold, brilliant and new, they're still capable of amazing stuff.

So... that's it! See you guys around on Twitter or something, I need to leave my Coldplay-related things right now, for my own mental health's sake (and to be honest I already needed to get my shit together, seeing some of the people I love the most in this world being so hated was probably just the last straw). I know you guys are probably thinking I'm acting like a drama queen, but trust me, I don't have that hability.

Β 

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Phew just read all your reactions and a bit disappointed about the snivelling little biutches that have to hate on the band. If you’re not a real fan then why are you here??

Anyways I rate MOTS an 8.8/10 which is my highest rating for a Coldplay album making it my favourite one ever after MX.Β I love it to bits! Only songs I can see wearing off is LSG and HH since the quieter sides of Coldplay I find a little boring but these songs in particular are actually quite nice. Humankind took my breath away what a surprise that song was!!! POTP is just epic and addictive, and Biutyful is not as cringe as I thought it would be it’s actually quite nice, like a tropical cocktail on a warm summers day. Here are my ratings:

10/10

ColoraturaΒ 

Humankind

?

9.5/10

My Universe

People of the Pride

Higher Power

8.5/10

Biutyful

Let Somebody Go

β™Ύ

All the rest are 8.0 or below. Lowest rating is MOTS ii which is 6/10 because while it is random, it’s got a cool message and it uses the bands kids.Β 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

Phew just read all your reactions and a bit disappointed about the snivelling little biutches that have to hate on the band. If you’re not a real fan then why are you here??

Anyways I rate MOTS an 8.8/10 which is my highest rating for a Coldplay album making it my favourite one ever after MX.Β I love it to bits! Only songs I can see wearing off is LSG and HH since the quieter sides of Coldplay I find a little boring but these songs in particular are actually quite nice. Humankind took my breath away what a surprise that song was!!! POTP is just epic and addictive, and Biutyful is not as cringe as I thought it would be it’s actually quite nice, like a tropical cocktail on a warm summers day. Here are my ratings:

10/10

ColoraturaΒ 

Humankind

?

9.5/10

My Universe

People of the Pride

Higher Power

8.5/10

Biutyful

Let Somebody Go

β™Ύ

All the rest are 8.0 or below. Lowest rating is MOTS ii which is 6/10 because while it is random, it’s got a cool message and it uses the bands kids.Β 

We all have different taste even in Coldplay music. You don't have to like everything your favorite artist does. As long as we respect eachother it's totally fine!Β 

I am totally thankful that they have written this masterpiece that is Coloratura ?

• Like 10

I think people are over-reacting for no reason. If we speak with facts and the fact is that Coldplay is THAT BAND (if you know what I mean with my punctuation). They have raised sooo high the bar year after year that when they don't perform at 200% people critisize them. I think people hating the album is a very strong opinion since the content is not hate-worthy. Also people need to consider than maybe the reason that Coldplay is not performing the way they want in charts etc, maybe just maybe, they are to blame, not Coldplay. I can't tell the future but I know that listening to the album and it starts to grow on me which was the experience I had with most Coldplay albums anyway. Everybody needs to relax.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah it's honestly not as bad as people describe it. There are a lot of exaggerated negative opinions and criticism that are pure hatred and nothing valid. I'm not that surprised to see some of it on the subreddit, but what I didn't expected was to find it here as well. Oh and please do yourselves a favour and don't read anything about coldplay or the album outside its communities, especially reddit. People are incredibly toxic and disrespectful.

On a different topic, I went through Coldplay's discography again and there are a lot of songs that fit so well to the space theme - Aliens, Moving to Mars, Atlas, and almost the entirety of X&Y. The lyrics and the atmosphere fit amazingly well.

I'll definitely try and make a space album from their whole discography later. Any suggestions?

Β 

Edited by GarbageOffice
  • Like 7

42 minutes ago, GarbageOffice said:

I'll definitely try and make a space album from their whole discography later. Any suggestions?

All the songs you have mentioned, for sure, maybeΒ Gravity? But also For you gives me some space vibes actually (not for the lyrics, but for some instrumental parts)

Edited by only.your.imagination
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, GarbageOffice said:

Any suggestions?

Moving to Mars, ALIENS, Atlas, All I Can Think About is You, Square One, X&Y (the song), Clocks, Church, Speed of Sound, Talk, For You

And some which aren't really space themed but kind of feel like space or floating in space:

High Speed, Midnight, Don't Let it Break Your Heart, Glass of Water, Hypnotized, Birds, Fix You

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I look the EL live in Aman now and i understand with the bandΒ flee this album. Chris is just an other man during this live compared to curent MOTS lives.

Β 

Edit : Deluxe edition out now with 4 more version of My Universe...Β ?

Edited by thomasPh

3 hours ago, thomasPh said:

I look the EL live in Aman now and i understand with the bandΒ flee this album. Chris is just an other man during this live compared to curent MOTS lives.

Sorry I don't speak english very well and I don't get what you mean in this post, and g translate gets it worse. In Amman how the band look to you?

14 hours ago, shred said:

So I can see why Orphans was left out of this album.Β 

But how was it meant for this album in the first place?Β Haha.Β 

I guess it's no weirder than having People Of The Pride on it...

13 hours ago, joecortazzo said:

Am I the only one here that thinks that "Aliens" should've been on this album??

I was thinking that as I was listening to it. The only way ALIENS could have been more suitable for me was if it was literally called Music Of The Spheres.

4 hours ago, GarbageOffice said:

Yeah it's honestly not as bad as people describe it. There are a lot of exaggerated negative opinions and criticism that are pure hatred and nothing valid. I'm not that surprised to see some of it on the subreddit, but what I didn't expected was to find it here as well. Oh and please do yourselves a favour and don't read anything about coldplay or the album outside its communities, especially reddit. People are incredibly toxic and disrespectful.

On a different topic, I went through Coldplay's discography again and there are a lot of songs that fit so well to the space theme - Aliens, Moving to Mars, Atlas, and almost the entirety of X&Y. The lyrics and the atmosphere fit amazingly well.

Β 

Perhaps MOTS is the X&Y2 some people wanted for years.

2 minutes ago, nowthesky said:

Sorry I don't speak english very well and I don't get what you mean in this post, and g translate gets it worse. In Amman how the band look to you?

I don't think it was written very well either; I think they're saying the band should (or will) 'flee' the album (try and forget about it, as if it never happened), and that at live shows Coldplay will just become 'another band', irrelevant in some way.

Edited by Doomotron

8 minutes ago, Doomotron said:

Perhaps MOTS is the X&Y2 some people wanted for years.

If it was that I could die happy, I mean I love the album the way it is (it is one of my favorite and holds a very special place in my heart) but I would be happy as well with a second version. Actually I think that the chances for this happening are extremely lowΒ 

Edit: forget the horrible word pun with Low, I've just noticed itΒ ?

Edited by only.your.imagination
  • Haha 2

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion