โœจ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR โœจ

๐Ÿช Coldplay: Music of the Spheres ๐Ÿช | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

On 10/26/2021 at 12:33 PM, the_escapist said:

What a way to finish a brilliant career!

Exactly!

I actually wouldn't mind if they quit at their peak. I would be much more sad if they some day turn into something I don't like anymore. Also, the statement of Chris about hoping to be able to tour "like the Rolling Stones" is not something I really like. I'm not sure they can still create the same energy and vibe when they're in their seventies as they do now. But we'll see!

Apart from this, I can't rรฉally imagine a world without Coldplay. Ofcourse this would make me sad too. Just like sometimes I wish I lived in the sixties, to be able to see the Beatles live, etc. But then sometimes it suddenly hits me: "so happy to be alive at the same time as you." I really feel this with Coldplay, I'm so happy that I'm along for the ride since A Rush!

• Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 5:55 AM, TheBigBadBono said:

It's probably an album with new material but imagine if we get the best unreleased tracks of each era:

Harmless

A View From the Top

Moses

Sweet Marianne

Solid Ground

Bloodless Revolution

St. Stephen

The Fall of Man

Spanish Rain

Famous Old Painters

Car Kids

Love in a Lethal Dose

The Race

World Without You

Life is Beautiful

You could do a whole 2 parts album with that list lol. Also I prefer the name Don Quixote instead of Spanish Rainย ?

After many listenings i have to admit that People of the Pride has become a strong favourite. I love it when they go that dark and nearly angry style. The production is great too, love all the little effects, especially towards the end. This song has written attitude all over it. Having a walk (..to the sound of my favourite tune^^) while it's on your headphones is really great for your mindset.

AND Chris choreography live is just amazing ?

Edited by Westminster
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TheLostColdplayer said:

This is for all those saddened by Chris's 12-album statement (like me)

with Loveย ?

I know, I know (I'm part of the "saddened people"ย ahah?). I can't believe thisย  interview was 10 years ago! On the one hand they have changed a lot, on the other hand they are basically the same, if this makes sense?ย 

by the way, MX hasย grown on me over time, it's not one of my favorites but I have re-evaluated it

• Like 1

Yes, but to me the โ€œthis might be our last recordโ€ does feel different to โ€œwe will make 3 moreโ€.ย 
ย 

Because Chris hasย always explained that the first statement is more a state of mind, to put everything they have into the album. Now it feels like they really have thought this through.ย 
ย 

But weโ€™ll see. From now on theyโ€™ll be full of surprises, right? ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Bauk said:

Yes, but to me the โ€œthis might be our last recordโ€ does feel different to โ€œwe will make 3 moreโ€.ย 

Yes, this is true. But to me the latter sounds like "a band shouldn't go past its 15th year".

Chris always says that he can't control music and that when a song comes he has to listen... so in case they stop making records, what would he do if many songs arrive?

I don't want to believe he would just... let them go!

4 hours ago, nowayme said:

Just so people know, Coloratura and Let Somebody Go are being promoted as singles with their instrumentals. I bet one of those is the next single, I put my bets on Let Somebody Go considering how they promote it.

Where?

10 hours ago, nowayme said:

Just so people know, Coloratura and Let Somebody Go are being promoted as singles with their instrumentals. I bet one of those is the next single, I put my bets on Let Somebody Go considering how they promote it.

Coloratura as a single? Highly unlikely, though I wish I could listen to its full instrumental version.

12 hours ago, nowayme said:

Coloratura as a single would lowkey make perfect sense right now, they submitted the song to the Grammys and promoting it during the next months would be a great campaign.

ย 

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 2:58 PM, WeddingDom said:

I knew he was going to dislike the album but daaaamn

Haha, I was excepting him to release a "NOT GOOD" review but he managed to put at least a 2/10.ย ?To be really honest, I agree with him on many points.

ย 

Also, I just saw that Jon Hopkins is credited as having participated to the production of the album (which is kinda surprising for me, I really wasn't aware he was still working with the band). Does anyone has any clue on its implication with this one ? Did he co-produced every song ?

ย 

EDIT : just found the list, he was involved in the production of Humankind, Alien Choir, LSG and Infinity Sign.

Edited by Freeze_Corleone
  • Like 2

On 10/30/2021 at 9:03 AM, nowayme said:

That'd be amazing and having a music video for that masterpiece it would be interesting. However I'm not really sure how could you narrow down 10+ minutes to be radio friendlyย ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eddmen said:

That'd be amazing and having a music video for that masterpiece it would be interesting. However I'm not really sure how could you narrow down 10+ minutes to be radio friendlyย ?

The radio version most probably will have almost completely new arrangement if they decide to go ahead with it, I mean there are so many tracks that instead of Radio Edits have Radio Versions which are quite far from what the original track is. Everglow is falling somewhere in between this concept, not entirely new but quite far from the original.

Edited by nowayme

8 hours ago, eddmen said:

I actually think it wouldn't be hard - the first 2 minutes of the song is pretty atmospheric and choppable - not that I want them to. Same goes for the end of the song. That gets you to about 7 minutes already.ย 

1 hour ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

I actually think it wouldn't be hard - the first 2 minutes of the song is pretty atmospheric and choppable - not that I want them to. Same goes for the end of the song. That gets you to about 7 minutes already.ย 

There's actually a radio edit but it sounds awful - or at least, as awful as a 3-minute-long Coloratura would sound.

• Captain Crieff changed the title to ๐Ÿช Coldplay: Music of the Spheres ๐Ÿช | Out Now! | Discussion