✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Could be! The last 3 weeks have had so much new Coldplay content (two COTW videos, Tiny Desk, Trouble in Town) that I'd imagine they'd ride that publicity and media wave into some new teases.... I think we should expect something early April....

Β 

As much as I'd prefer them to revisit the shoegaze, glitch electronic and spacey elements of albums past, I think the more likely outcome will be a throwback retro sound. Think 50's-80's with those modern electronic touches and pop production. I could see influences of soul and jazz percolating through from the EL Era. Cry Cry Cry was our teaser for LP9 imo. What's that have to do with planets? I don't know. But has Coldplay ever really stuck to a discernable theme on any album? Nope. It could just be a pop album with a few 30 second planet interludes to pad out all the EDM bangers.

• Like 4

Updating my theory:

FFTF2024 is the single release on April 2nd as we all know

The 05/11/2020 will be the album release date May 11th (or possibly November 5th but I sure hope not)

Β 

Let's take this into account: Orphans was released on Oct 24, THURSDAY

Β 

April 2nd will be Thursday as well, BUT May 11th will be MONDAY. Isn't that a weird day to release an album? Most new album releases are made on Fridays... November 5th will be Thursday tho... :O

Β 

Now I remember Chris said on an interview that FFTF2024 doesn't mean anything at all... at least he said something like that.

Edited by Guest
  • Wow 2

Did anybody notice that the driver license in the Trouble in Town video expires on 5/11/2020? Maybe it's a hint

That might be a hint, and the number above that expiration date, 586379, might also be a hint, but I don't know what it could mean.

• Like 1

With the new Apparatjik stuff happening in five days, I don't think I can handle another Coldplay album this soon. It would be too much going on at once for me. Plus, they might be planning on touring too once the coronavirus outbreak is over. Guy seems like he'll be really busy if something big happens in his other band. They released a clip for new music and said that something is happening on March 20th, 2020. On their website, they used to have a message saying they were on an extended lunch break. But the message is gone now and it's been replaced with one that says, "Thanks for lunch."

Β 

Apparatjik.com

Edited by coldplaymakesmyday
  • Like 4

Just an update for those that saw Izzy Bizu was in The Bakery last week:

Β 

After digging around her instagram, it actually looks like she was in the Bakery back in late February as well and she tagged Dan Greene. My guess now is that Dan is producing her new album and they used the Bakery for part of it. Doesn't rule out that she's collaborating with the band, but seems less likely.

Β 

And besides, if they actually release new music in the next month as predicted, it's likely they've already wrapped up recording.

• Like 1

With the possible hint in the Trouble In Town video (5/11/2020, so really a release this year), I thought the 24 in FFTF2024 refers to 24 years they know each other ...maybe FF is β€œFour Friends” or something like that

• Like 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic