✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

2 hours ago, Fer42 said:

The first verse of Human Heart reminds me a little bit a that mysterious song in the soundcheck during the AHFOD Tour in Singapore. I don't know if even was, but wow, I so excited for the studio version. And the intro of the show (MOTS for now) Jon Hopkins, its you again?Β ??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yjq7h4HfoM

Oh, wow! ? That unknown song sounds really cool, even though it's just a little sketch.

And yes! I hear Jon Hopkins all over that ambient intro music. It totally sounds like something he would create with Coldplay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

Another puzzle!?

Β 

And change all alien radio website aesthetic, change the Kaotican language?.

It β€œsounds” like Coldplay… but I don’t know.. time will say, but I don’t think is Coldplay promo.

As much as i enjoyed Human Heart, i dont think it has potential becoming the new single.Β 

Why ? - It's not that kind of material you release during summer, probably something you would give away before december with all the christmas stuff coming up.Β 

No, my bet is we're getting something different to Higher Power. Modern and radio friendly but more melancholic, like they did with Paradise on MX. And i'm sure the next song will be even bigger than Higher Power and will definitely carry them until the release of MotS.

Just my two cents...have a nice sunday folks, cheers✌

• Like 4
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

Coldplayxtra said this is not related to Coldplay at all....

they didn't, they just aren't sure either. I'm 50/50 too: it's alien-themed, the hexagone appeared at their Worthy Farm performance too, the timing fits that too, and Phil was online on Twitter earlier and he didn't deny it. But on the other hand, the postcards seem to have been sent to gamers (Coldplay did partner with a gaming company recently), it all seems fairy USA centred, and Hulu/Disney+ are reportedly making an Alien TV show thingy. So I'm really not sure

• Like 4

Some of the postcards look a bit like the symbols that I posted here a while ago...the star, the triangle and specially the on that looks like an ellipse. And last but not least, do you remember how many they were? 12! There were 12 numbers on the phone number...I really want to believe this is related to Coldplay!

Edited by Su_Xyloto
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Crieff said:

they didn't, they just aren't sure either. I'm 50/50 too: it's alien-themed, the hexagone appeared at their Worthy Farm performance too, the timing fits that too, and Phil was online on Twitter earlier and he didn't deny it. But on the other hand, the postcards seem to have been sent to gamers (Coldplay did partner with a gaming company recently), it all seems fairy USA centred, and Hulu/Disney+ are reportedly making an Alien TV show thingy. So I'm really not sure

the most strange thing is that a good number of people who got the cards are not coldplay fans at all. they have never bought merch/albums/attended gigs etc.

Β 

• Like 1

Loving new Glastonbury songs, but they also make me a bit nervous that LP9 (MOTS) is just gonna be a loose concept like MX that doesn't fully live up to the "space album"Β hype. This is what I expected, but still I'm worried the album could be inconsistent.Β 

Spoiler

MOTS Intro -- Really hoping this is longer on the album version because it's beautiful and so spacey. Reminds me of other Coldplay intros but also Arcade Fire a little bit. I see folks saying it could go into HP on the album but I don't think so. Jon Hopkins for sure produced this.Β There's a kind of build up of synth that happens in the last 15 seconds that feels like it's gonna run right into the next track but HP is very abrupt. So idk. I personally hope it's 1-2 mins long and runs into another track.Β 

Human Heart -- Overall my fave bit of music from the MOTS era so far. The collab is beautiful, I love the changes to Chris'sΒ voice & how it's more of a layering thing than a vocoder thing. I think lyrics like "this gender does this, that gender does that" are a bit clichΓ© and tired in 2021, but I can tell his heart is in the right place. This is the second song in Coldplay's catalogue after "When I Need A Friend" that's vocals only! Might you just criticize the song for sounding just like a Jacob Collier track? Sure. But honestly it's album nine, why not try something like this while bringing awareness to a really small artist like WeAreKING.Β 

How The Era Is Shaping: Still cautiously optimistic. HP hasn't really grown on me yet. Of all the 80's inspired pop songs of the last few years, it's not my fave and I'm starting to suspect it's not gonna be a breakout summer hit like Warner Music wanted. I guess with the Alienradio teases it felt like we could get an era with some truly bizarre, spacey sounding stuff or some fun rockΒ sounds. But our 2.5 songs so far aren't really giving me that. Production favors pop vocal production over instrumentation, just like on AHFOD and GS. Don't get me wrong... I love the weird spacy sounds and the synths so far, but when you think about "Space" records or 80'sΒ songs, most rock bands do a lot of cool prog rock breakdowns or instrumental moments. Think of "Take On Me," which has a weird synth breakdown in the middle of the song. Or how about "Teenage Wasteland," which has iconic synths and then a sweet breakdown in the middle of the track. I believe songs can still haveΒ a pop/radio friendly song but still maintain a bit of creative rock energy or sweeping saxophones (In Your Eyes by the Weeknd) or guitar solos, but HP fails to deliver any extra instrumentation outside of a tambourine. I suspect there's gonna be a song or two that blows me away on MOTS, just like on every album they've released. But worried that all this teasing of planets and aliens is gonna end up being a "heart, love, heartbreak" album with super generic lyrics and nothing related to its aesthetic. MX was supposed to tell a story, but nobody could understand it. EL teased a banjo and old timey feelΒ on the cover, but no banjos were on the album and no old timey songs. I'd just love for them to stick to a concept, but that's just not really the band's style I guess.

Β 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion