✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

12 minutes ago, Tarkovsky2 said:

I suppose they will drop the song today, not only because of the leak but there is the concert on 17th, and it would be strange to not use the opportunity to pefrom on stage with bts. And as i understand new music drops on fridays...

Apparently someone bought the song from a hacker. They shared snippets but areΒ not willing to leak the whole thing. The concert might be to announce the collab, but I would love if they surprise drop it!!

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

Apparently someone bought the song from a hacker. They shared snippets but areΒ not willing to leak the whole thing. The concert might be to announce the collab, but I would love if they surprise drop it!!

But it would be strange if they don't perform together since it is so rare that they are on a same festival, and because of covid who knows when they will be able if ever to perform together. So either they release song today or they perform it live firstΒ  in 3 days from now, then we get the song but that is monday, tuesday, somehow feels wrong

3 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

Please tell what it sounds like! I'm not going to listen to those snippets, waiting for the full song to be released, hopefully soon!Β 

Upbeat and poppy. I get slight β€œLevitating” by Dua Lipa vibes from it.Β 

• Like 1

Just now, Tarkovsky2 said:

But it would be strange if they don't perform together since it is so rare that they are on a same festival, and because of covid who knows when they will be able if ever to perform together. So either they release song today or they perform it live firstΒ  in 3 days from now, then we get the song but that is monday, tuesday, somehow feels wrong

Maybe both groups are clowning their fans and Coldplay will be performing Higher Power while BTS does Butter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jred said:

Upbeat and poppy. I get slight β€œLevitating” by Dua Lipa vibes from it.Β 

Levitating have more of a disco/funk influence, My Universe leans towardsΒ synth pop (which makes sense considering Higher Power is basically that + pop rock)

• Like 5

Only if... Dont know how many of the se Boys make Bts, i suppose only two of them are singing on My universe... So only if it not that atractive to perform together, while the other ones from Bts wait or dance with aliens from their own country

Just now, gustavothehuman said:

Levitating have more of a disco/funk influence, My Universe leans towardsΒ synth pop (which makes sense considering Higher Power is basically that + pop rock)

You’re right, sonically they aren’t all that similar but I thought the groove was kind of reminiscent.Β 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

I'm 100% overthinking and I don't want to create false expectations for anyone, but interesting of Chris to bring up Max Martin's metal past in the interview for Audacy, it got me thinking about this tweet.

Β 

Without jazz or metal... But i can see some heavy guitar being played in some new songs, not metal but more glass of water, something like that.Β 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Koleybolen said:

they dropped β€œEveryday life” as a single right after the performance of it on SNL so maybe they’ll do the same on Saturday...

Everyday Life was just a harmless promotional effort though, I can't see hit material like a BTS collab being marketed so carelessly. But then again, if LP8 taught us anything, it'sΒ that Coldplay just does what they want and when they want (hence why I love them so much, lol).

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Koleybolen said:

they dropped β€œEveryday life” as a single right after the performance of it on SNL so maybe they’ll do the same on Saturday...

We will see in few hours. I'm expecting that they will release it today, around noon and album announcement in chris's handwritten form on instagram etc and then big thing live on Saturday performance together.... It is so close

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tarkovsky2 said:

We will see in few hours. I'm expecting that they will release it today, around noon and album announcement in chris's handwritten form on instagram etc and then big thing live on Saturday performance together.... It is so close

Keep Going So Close GIF by BBC

• Like 4

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion