✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

At least now we know, 3 months still left of this journey to planet system called "Music of the Spheres". Such a long wait still ahead of us... I would like to go to hypersleep mode until we arrive there. Just like they do in movies, Interstellar etc ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, harrisonrules said:

Is that legit

That link was posted a few pages back. I still had it open and refreshed and it had changed. Must be a test area before it goes live on the main page. I only noticed it was different when going to the main Alien Radio link.

The design changed twice already. The preorder link and album title were at the top at first.

BTW I see the link was removed by a moderator - sorry for causing any issues. I posted the link because it had already been mentioned in the thread.

Edited by NeonMoon
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, CP-EST said:

At least now we know, 3 months still left of this journey to planet system called "Music of the Spheres". Such a long wait still ahead of us... I would like to go to hypersleep mode until we arrive there. Just like they do in movies, Interstellar etc ?

Can't help thinking of Interstellar movie which I love btw. All this universe and planets concept is wonderful and all the process for this new era is like a real journey to outer space for all the Coldplayers!

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 1:04 AM, gustavothehuman said:

I didn't even mentioned Spotify. And the list of most acclaimed artists is not based on awards, it's based on reviews from critics, they listen to all sorts of non-mainstream stuff and you can find multiple acts that are not known by the general public.

The "lackluster reaction" to Higher Power is honestly coming more from "fans" like you than the public, it's been charting better than Orphans everywhere around the world. It might not be smashing like previous singles but that was expected given how the band is just getting out of Everyday Life.

It's pretty obvious by now that Coldplay is following a direction that goes alternative album > commercial album > alternative album again, just respect their decision, it's not that deep. Trashing the band and their collaborators everytime they're on the era that you don't enjoy is not going to achieve anything.

We've been doing this shit for years my friend. Welcome to the democratic republic of Coldplaying, where we can wholeheartedly praise and adore the band's great music and crap on the terrible ones all in on place!

On 7/18/2021 at 2:39 AM, CP-EST said:

Sorry for the long post. Using some posts as reference to begin with.

For the start, I guess you read something too literally. I listened one snippet just once and there was some classic synth pop spacy drumfill. That kind drum sound has never before occurred in Coldplay's music and for me it's something, which is classic for M83, but also is just general classic synth pop drum sound. These are just small elements, which can have different reference points for different people.

Of course there is no way to compare Coldplay with M83, they are very different acts. Not much point of bringing in prog rock bands like Anathema and Porcupine Tree (which, although inactive now, is one of my favourite bands btw). They have been massively talented and all the musicians are just on another level, but they never achieved the mainstream status, although they really flirted with the idea of it at some point. The concept of Pink Floydish bands is kind of outdated in mainstream for now, sadly.

Coldplay truly is a mainstream pop/rock act compared to these bands and they acknowledge it. There is generally not that much depth in their music, but they have their x-factor and you can count them as the last worldwide successful band for now. It doesn't seem like any of the bands these days are achieving that big stadium band status and bands hardly get into any charts now. Also I guess over the 20 years music industry has changed a lot and to still be successful band really takes a lot of work.

For Coldplay, I feel like musically very much changed after Mylo Xyloto. Since Ghost Stories and Chris going through some difficulties, their songwriting has become very different. We can't tell for sure, if this is conscious decision or that's just what's really coming through for Chris these days. At least from interviews it seems like they create what comes to them naturally and that's what matters to me at least. In this case it's more of a matter of taste and it's impossible to please everyone at each step.

All I can see, they really enjoy giving these massive stadium concerts, while trying to continue being relevant in music industry, but at the same time remember their roots and also enjoy making some low-key alternative albums, like Everyday Life. Although it's controversial, I would like to say they have succeeded with all of it until now, but it gets more and more difficult to be successful on all of these fronts.

I guess there isn't much point of comparing bands and artists, because all of them are unique and trying to progress in this world, having some more difficult times and some more successful times. Overall we can say that Coldplay has been certainly the most successful band worldwide in 21st century. Being together for so long, staying relevant, collaborating with so many different artists, developing their sound, while still maintaining the Coldplay feel to it and achieving the stadium band status leaves no room for saying their decisions have been wrong, because they seemingly achieved, what they dreamed of. Charts and reviews are just noise compared to all of this. 

That kind of success understandably sets the bar very high for each step in future, but the amount of opinions and criticism these days shows, that Coldplay still continues to matter and this is also a sign of success.

Great response. Thank you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeonMoon said:

That link was posted a few pages back. I still had it open and refreshed and it had changed. Must be a test area before it goes live on the main page. I only noticed it was different when going to the main Alien Radio link.

The design changed twice already. The preorder link and album title were at the top at first.

That's why you don't do QA live lol, but thank you anonymous tester!

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion