✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

I am surprised the following only hit me now:

- The AHFOD-movie version of "The Race" literally shares the same type of beat as "Lovers In Japan" (the snare drum in particular), it's just a little faster in "The Race"

- The second line of "Lovers in Japan" even contains "until the race is run",  the AHFOD-movie version of "The Race" contains: "I keep racing until the race is run".

It makes me think that the version from the AHFOD-movie is in fact an - of course updated - version that was created before the Ghost Stories version. This makes me curious which version they intend to release in the future.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JustSomeone said:

- The AHFOD-movie version of "The Race" literally shares the same type of beat as "Lovers In Japan" (the snare drum in particular), it's just a little faster in "The Race"

- The second line of "Lovers in Japan" even contains "until the race is run",  the AHFOD-movie version of "The Race" contains: "I keep racing until the race is run".

It makes me think that the version from the AHFOD-movie is in fact an - of course updated - version that was created before the Ghost Stories version. This makes me curious which version they intend to release in the future.

Quite interesting indeed!  Also, which part of the AHFOD movie does the song come on? Thanks!

1 hour ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

Quite interesting indeed!  Also, which part of the AHFOD movie does the song come on? Thanks!

At exactly 1:03:19/1:44:35. Under the commentary from Chris and Will, you should be able to hear a snippet of The Race (AHFOD).

On 8/9/2021 at 8:15 AM, JustSomeone said:

I think this version was for Kaleidoscope EP, but it got scrapped and then they added on AHFOD documentary. 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2021 at 1:05 AM, GeraldLe said:

The Race V2 indeed is a hybrid between The Race V1 and its AHFOD iteration.
But still, we shall wait for Higher Power remixes MOTS vol 2, it's highly likely that The Race would be ready by then :V

Would anyone be able to send me V2? I can only find it on one site and I can’t access it. I’d appreciate it. 

Hi guys!!!

Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In the article Rossi also discusses his collaboration with Coldplay and to the last question: "Beside 'Higher Power' and 'Coloratura', what can you tell us about the other songs from Coldplay's next album?", he replies: "The other songs have a vintage sound but they retain the group's characteristic essence. There'll be their typical positive perspective on life, that 'good vibration' which is fundamental in these hard times."

Hope you'll find it interesting! ?

• Like 17
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheLostColdplayer said:

Hi guys!!!

Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In the article Rossi also discusses his collaboration with Coldplay and to the last question: "Beside 'Higher Power' and 'Coloratura', what can you tell us about the other songs from Coldplay's next album?", he replies: "The other songs have a vintage sound but they retain the group's characteristic essence. There'll be their typical positive perspective on life, that 'good vibration' which is fundamental in these hard times."

Hope you'll find it interesting! ?

That is indeed interesting, thank you!!

• Like 2

On 8/11/2021 at 2:10 AM, TheBigBadBono said:

Thought you guys might want to read this. I don't know anything about music theory at all, but it's good to see the band getting recognition from actual Emmy-winning composers and other people of that nature. Check it out!

https://www.stereogum.com/2156845/coldplay-coloratura-music-theory/columns/in-theory/

Great analysis in this article!!!! Very similar tricks Explorers plus United States of Eurasia by Muse, and Bohemian Rhapsody. 

if anyone is curious what Lydian mode sounds like, listen to the Simpson’s theme and I guarantee you’ll hear Coloratura!

• Like 3

Just saw the back of the Higher Power CD and I'm confident that Music of the Spheres will be divided into 2 Volumes and 3 Parts. MOTS Vol.1 already has Music of the Spheres I & II with 8 tracks each. This would mean that track 5 on MOTS Vol.2 is MOTS III and Vol.2 will have 12 songs as well. This is just a guess but it would make a lot of sense with the attached picture of the Higher Power CD and the Lithograph also says: Vol l. From Earth With Love.

Vol.2 will probably be the right one.

2106624964_Bildschirmfoto2021-08-21um21_59_58.png.656e305e5ba5b4d03d19258db3189813.png

Edited by X AND Y
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, X AND Y said:

Just saw the back of the Higher Power CD and I'm confident that Music of the Spheres will be divided into 2 Volumes and 3 Parts. MOTS Vol.1 already has Music of the Spheres I & II with 8 tracks each. This would mean that track 4 on MOTS Vol.2 is MOTS III and Vol.2 will have 12 songs as well. This is just a guess but it would make a lot of sense with the attached picture of the Higher Power CD and the Lithograph also says: Vol l. From Earth With Love.

Vol.2 will probably be the right one.

2106624964_Bildschirmfoto2021-08-21um21_59_58.png.656e305e5ba5b4d03d19258db3189813.png

That's the exact theory I came up with a few weeks ago, I hope we're right, three albums would be too much ?

• Like 1

Regardless of when we get the singles, I think, looking to the future, we're gonna get the "Vol.2" early next year. There is literally no way they would do a winter tour due to Covid unfortunately increasing and getting worse surely until next summer again. So a summer 2022 stadium tour would be the best bet for them to actually perform in front of a live audience. Until then they have quite a lot of time and that's probably why they've been recording further on. It's a tantalizing prospect however, are we set for another album or an EP style vol.2? 

In any case, stylistically it's gonna be part of MOTS, the third part too, so that means this era will be extended surely by a year and in my view, will last until 2023-24. Then if they want, they will probably come up with something completely different. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion