✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Little to not hype for this song for me. Haven't even felt like looking out for the leaked version. I do actually like some BTS songs so this oneΒ shouldn't be as bad as SJLT, right? right?Β ?

Edited by JM-42

6 hours ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

I wonder how MU will do in views. It might be the band’s biggest views in a day? (Coldplay.)

I also hope it boosts Higher Power as well. But I’m pretty sure it won’t.

HP will have a boost but not anything big, and to be honest it's Coldplay's fault, they let the song die when it was actually doing a miracle on the charts considering the poor playlisting.

10 hours ago, driftaguy said:

This has actually grown on me. I'd prefer it over X Marks The Spot anyday

It's a nice beat and I like Chris' melodies. It's clearly an unpolished demo/idea and you can tell he was trying to come up with lyrics. I think people are too harsh on it lol. It actually fits wellΒ right after Army of One.

• Like 3

XMTS should have been a b-side imo. I think it gets a bad rap as well. It's undeniably catchy and shows the band's production talents. My main issue is the bass synths sound almost exactly like Swimming Pools by Kendrick Lamar and the song itself sandwiched between Army of One and Amazing Day is a weird transition.Β 

Coldplay usually is SO good at putting together thoughtful tracklists. I'm curious how MOTS is gonna flow and if there's MOTS II and MOTS III, how they will all tie together into a larger listening experience.Β 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said:

XMTS should have been a b-side imo. I think it gets a bad rap as well. It's undeniably catchy and shows the band's production talents. My main issue is the bass synths sound almost exactly like Swimming Pools by Kendrick Lamar and the song itself sandwiched between Army of One and Amazing Day is a weird transition.Β 

Coldplay usually is SO good at putting together thoughtful tracklists. I'm curious how MOTS is gonna flow and if there's MOTS II and MOTS III, how they will all tie together into a larger listening experience.Β 

MOTS II comes before My Universe.Β 

I think this album will flow really well in spite of the genre variety. They're basically taking the idea of Everyday Life and sharpening it while also making the album more commercially viable. Except for Coloratura, that will hurt the streams, so it was a smart decision letting that one have its own moment.

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 3

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion