✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

3 hours ago, Everyday life said:

The first snippet back in March 2021 about a new song before MOTS.

I'm not aware of that snippet. Was is a leaked snippet? Or it was published by the band or in a soundcheck or something similar? Just to know if it's ok to ask for the link lol.

My guess for LIB is that it's instrumental - the review never explicitly stated the presence of actual "OlΓ© OlΓ© OlΓ©s" but they said it slyly reworks it - so who knows, maybe it'll come as a piano or guitar line or one of Jon Hopkins' electronic flourishes?

It's also worth noting that Life in Technicolor is instrumental but also has wordless chants in it, so maybe Infinity Sign will be in the same vein.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

6 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Supongo que LIB es instrumental: la revisiΓ³n nunca mencionΓ³ explΓ­citamente la presencia de "OlΓ© OlΓ© OlΓ©s" real, pero dijeron que lo reelabora astutamente, asΓ­ que quiΓ©n sabe, tal vez vendrΓ‘ como una lΓ­nea de piano o guitarra o una de Jon. ΒΏLas florituras electrΓ³nicas de Hopkins?

TambiΓ©n vale la pena seΓ±alar que Life in Technicolor es instrumental, pero tambiΓ©n tiene cΓ‘nticos sin palabras, por lo que quizΓ‘s Infinity Sign estarΓ‘ en la misma lΓ­nea.

But if you noticed, the Rolling Stones review doesn't talk about songs that are actually interludes like Alien Choir or MOTS I-II, hence, Infinity Sign is a song with lyrics.

2 hours ago, huevos con pan said:

But if you noticed, the Rolling Stones review doesn't talk about songs that are actually interludes like Alien Choir or MOTS I-II, hence, Infinity Sign is a song with lyrics.

That's true, but it could be because its 4 times longer than the other interludes.

3 minutes ago, johnnymax8652 said:

if really Infinity Sign will not have other lyrics, I just hope we will not get 3 minutes of olΓ© olΓ© olΓ©...Β 

I'm sure they're going to rework it into something else - Genius says Jon Hopkins is on the track, and I don't know how credible that is, but going off of his Coldplay material (The Escapist, Life in Technicolor, Midnight) and his solo work (Light Through the Veins, Immunity) he knows how to make repetition absolutely beautiful.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 9/30/2021 at 12:35 AM, Sonic85 said:

Leave the old albums alone. Some folks have this desire to tinker with them and I don't understand it.Β 

I totally agree. I think they should not re-arrange any of their former Albums or songs. Each album and each song is unique and marksΒ a special point in their career. Coldplay have always worked extremely hard on each and every song and we can see what they were capable of doing at a certain point of their career. So we can see their authentic development and enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, johnnymax8652 said:

if really Infinity Sign will not have other lyrics, I just hope we will not get 3 minutes of olΓ© olΓ© olΓ©...Β 

My curiousty about this track is goneΒ after reading the review.Β 

Β 

Β 

I am so so excited to hear Humankind and Infinity now given they are going to be stadium rock songs (most likely, we'll see how Infinity plays out). I fell in love with Coldplay during the Viva and MX eras where there was a huge focus on acoustic guitar arena rock songs and singalong chants and I'm really anxious to hear how they modify that in 2021.Β 

On the RS review, I wonder if the reviewer felt that Biutyful and MU are weaker just because they stray away from the alt-rock songs of the rest of the album? I do think Coldplay has had an issue ever since AHFOD of having inconsistent sounds on their records or songs that genre-wise don't quite compliment the other songs around it. For example, HP, MU and Coloratura are all pretty dang different in their own respects, but at least have a rock backing to them. Maybe Biutyful is gonna be really poppy & electronic compared to the rest of the album?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lennyrott1 said:

I am so so excited to hear Humankind and Infinity now given they are going to be stadium rock songs (most likely, we'll see how Infinity plays out). I fell in love with Coldplay during the Viva and MX eras where there was a huge focus on acoustic guitar arena rock songs and singalong chants and I'm really anxious to hear how they modify that in 2021.Β 

On the RS review, I wonder if the reviewer felt that Biutyful and MU are weaker just because they stray away from the alt-rock songs of the rest of the album? I do think Coldplay has had an issue ever since AHFOD of having inconsistent sounds on their records or songs that genre-wise don't quite compliment the other songs around it. For example, HP, MU and Coloratura are all pretty dang different in their own respects, but at least have a rock backing to them. Maybe Biutyful is gonna be really poppy & electronic compared to the rest of the album?

Where did you read that Humankind and Infinity would be rock songs?

Like People of the pride?

Someone sent a link to the Reddit that claimed to be a leak - it looked sketchy, but I downloaded it anyway. I opened it using an online unarchiverΒ and its a zip file of the 12 songs from MOTS thatΒ MAY or MAY NOT be fake, but I need to access it with a password.

Is there anyone here who has advanced password-breaking software they can use to open the zip?? I have it, but it needs cracking as it may or may not be a leak.

18 minutes ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Alguien enviΓ³ un enlace al Reddit que decΓ­a ser una filtraciΓ³n; parecΓ­a incompleto, pero lo descarguΓ© de todos modos. Lo abrΓ­ usando un desarchivador en lΓ­nea y es un archivo zip de las 12 canciones de MOTS que PUEDEN o NO PUEDEN ser falsas, pero necesito acceder con una contraseΓ±a.

ΒΏHay alguien aquΓ­ que tenga un software avanzado para romper contraseΓ±as que pueda usar para abrir el zip? Lo tengo, pero necesita agrietarse, ya que puede ser una fuga o no.

It's the same file leaked a few months ago and it's fake lmaoΒ 

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2021 at 4:29 PM, GamingForeverAUS said:

Okay but what if the (highly speculated) Coldplay x BTS collab is actually a prog rock masterpiece?

was scrolling through the older pages of this thread and it's weird how this was actually true, but different? We didn't get a Coldplay x BTS prog rock masterpiece, but we did get Coldplay x BTS AND a Prog Rock Masterpiece.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, TheBigBadBono said:

was scrolling through the older pages of this thread and it's weird how this was actually true, but different? We didn't get a Coldplay x BTS prog rock masterpiece, but we did get Coldplay x BTS AND a Prog Rock Masterpiece.

I'll take it. But i really wanted to see Jungkook duelling with Jonny in a guitar solo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion