✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

I don't know if it has been written before, but the whole planet thing made me think about what the music of the sphere is. It was a philosophical theme by the pitagoric school that lasted till the first year of the XVII century. They thought that planets make some kind of music, for their harmony of course, that we can't hear because it has been there since our birth so our mind erased it. Kepler even tried to write it down:

Β 

Β 

Β 

So,9 albums, 9 planets, harmony and the perfection of circles...

• Like 5

This is mind boggling .. it’s like I feel like EL is so fantastic but I also feel like it’s swiftly gone by but there’s so much more to come .. I think I’ll have consistent anticipation for a while . Coldplay have something amazing up their sleeves once again I’m sure of it !

• Like 6

That's cool research and definitely on par with Coldplay's entire career being obsessed with starts, planets and "how the universe is big and crazy, man."

Β 

So... in my alternative music dreams, they'd make a 9-song album and each song would be themed after a planet and super weird. Something like what Sufjan Stevens did.

Β 

Or more likely, they use Music of the Spheres as a general motif/inspiration throughout the track listing, but musically the songs are as random and genre-jumping as usual with a couple pop singles.

Β 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, so it might have appeared here already, but the trademark Music of the spheres was submitted by Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will.

Β 

https://trademarks.justia.com/880/46/music-of-the-88046174.html

Β 

The more interesting thing is that it was actually refused and asked for reconsideratiom on december 23, 2019? After EL was released already.

Β 

If it was here already, sorry for double posting!

This is absolutely, freakishly interesting! Something for sure is coming! I would love if they go for this harmonic, planets, deep space vibe...

• Like 3

My guess... Music Of The Spheres/Fragments For The Fans, a compilation or box set with studio outtakes from all previous eras of the band.

Including songs from before Parachutes, like the Big Fat Noises' Panic EP and other odd things.

Release in 2024. The picture might just indicate 'this is old (and dusty)', as are the recordings in the box set. ;)

Β 

Actually I think 'Spheres' (different worlds) in this case could indeed mean the band's different eras.

This would be fantastic! Release the unreleased!

• Like 1

In that French interview, doesn't Chris say "They both mean something...." ??

Β 

If so, that makes me wonder if the car and license plate is different from Music of the Spheres, Coldplay coming soon thing...

Β 

Maybe Music of the Spheres is coming in 2020 and then FFTF is coming in 2024 and includes........car kids...........

This could be it, I really think they are releasing something this year or next...2024 seems to far away...hmm

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Yeah I think so too. In fact I'm starting to be REALLY convinced about this April timeline.

Β 

Let's look at the rumor roundup recently. The EL era doesn't seem to be over as reports of Champion of the World being a new single (and music video?) towards the end of February. Also, there were signs of music videos being dropped for Cry Cry Cry & Trouble In Town. Maybe they were scrapped, maybe they'll still get a release in the coming weeks. Finally, we know they did a NPR Tiny Desk Concert where I'd assume they have some say over the release date in the next month and a half. My guess is end of February to coincide with CotW single release. Finally, the latest rumor is that Chris won't tour with Soda Stereo because he'll be too busy in April.

Β 

From a band management perspective, this keeps Coldplay in the news and on the charts heading into March. Part of effective marketing is to always keep your brand in people's eyes so that when something new pops up people are ready to listen/pay attention.

Β 

So the EL era could wrap up with a final single and a music video, and then in April they release a single or start teasing a new album era. And that's not that far off folks!

• Like 9
  • Angry 1

Yeah I think so too. In fact I'm starting to be REALLY convinced about this April timeline.

Β 

Let's look at the rumor roundup recently. The EL era doesn't seem to be over as reports of Champion of the World being a new single (and music video?) towards the end of February. Also, there were signs of music videos being dropped for Cry Cry Cry & Trouble In Town. Maybe they were scrapped, maybe they'll still get a release in the coming weeks. Finally, we know they did a NPR Tiny Desk Concert where I'd assume they have some say over the release date in the next month and a half. My guess is end of February to coincide with CotW single release. Finally, the latest rumor is that Chris won't tour with Soda Stereo because he'll be too busy in April.

Β 

From a band management perspective, this keeps Coldplay in the news and on the charts heading into March. Part of effective marketing is to always keep your brand in people's eyes so that when something new pops up people are ready to listen/pay attention.

Β 

So the EL era could wrap up with a final single and a music video, and then in April they release a single or start teasing a new album era. And that's not that far off folks!

Yeah! I think so too, they have said in interviews that β€œthey wouldn’t leave teasers if they didn’t mean something”; like you said: the new single releases, we know they have a video for Cry Cry Cry and Champion of the World... it’s coming! LP9 is coming!

• Like 1

If this April release is true, wouldn’t this be the shortest gap between album release dates??

something tells me this won’t be just another album

Yeah! The gap would be literally of months between them...but the fact that they wanted it trademarked and later asked for a reconsideration means they must really want it for something...

^ This god please this.

Β 

It's not that they aren't incredible when it's just the 4 of them with backing tracks, but when you see other bands like Arcade Fire or The 1975 bring other instrumentalists on stage, it really raises the music to another level.

Β 

I was lucky enough to see Coldplay on the AHFOD tour and the most AWKWARD song was Hymn for the Weekend because there was nobody playing the horns and it felt like Jonny and Guy just kind of fake played some of the percussion on little pads. Literally was the only moment during my show where the crowd felt out of it.

Β 

Now imagine they had Femi Kuti playing the horns and extra percussion for Hymn for the Weekend so Jonny and Guy could add extra guitar and bass? It'd be sweet.

• Like 3

Hello! Don’t know if someone has mentioned it before, but I’ve seen some posts of people saying that Music of the Spheres could be a follow up of Mylo Xyloto...what do you guys think?! I think it could be possible, specially since the comics had an β€œopen ending”. Here is a picture someone uploaded to Reddit about the similarity it has with Mylo...

63420AF0-EB30-4B93-B441-2849C50C600A.thumb.jpeg.b9fb71b714b5784a8b414b871fd30d6b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Don’t know if someone has mentioned it before, but I’ve seen some posts of people saying that Music of the Spheres could be a follow up of Mylo Xyloto...what do you guys think?! I think it could be possible, specially since the comics had an β€œopen ending”. Here is a picture someone uploaded to Reddit about the similarity it has with Mylo...

Hello, it was I who uploaded this image .. I originally uploaded it to the Facebook group ... The album cover is probably totally different from what is shown in the Everyday Life booklet

Β 

Here I leave the image in good quality:

Β 

2108020529_MusicofTheSpheres.thumb.jpg.59bbb1921a9a700dab1850a13b36dfad.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

[ATTACH type=full" alt="11229]11229[/ATTACH]

I did this

I like it!! I think the top sphere is LP9. Could it be Mars?? I mean it would make the most sense.. The car in the photo from the EL booklet is a Rover... and there a mission to Mars in 2024 or something? Either way, we know LP 9 will be something about traveling through Space...

• Like 1

I like it!! I think the top sphere is LP9. Could it be Mars?? I mean it would make the most sense.. The car in the photo from the EL booklet is a Rover... and there a mission to Mars in 2024 or something? Either way, we know LP 9 will be something about travelling through Space...

Β 

I know the band is always trying to create original music and they don't like to do the same thing twice, but the thought of a new Moving to Mars is really exciting! Didn't the band have scrapped stuff from Mylo and AROBTTH, not just X&Y? I always imagined those scraped songs with a rockier, Moving to Mars sound. Although that could just be me getting my hopes up. I'd really love some more brilliant guitar riffs from Jonny that sound like he got them all the way from space.

• Like 8

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic