✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

9 hours ago, CP-EST said:

I'd like to think we'll have one more single coming out quite soon, in fact almost together with Let Somebody Go. Either Humankind or People of the Pride. It would be quite similar to Mylo Xyloto. They made Princess of China a radio single on 14th February and also Charlie Brown was released with video and having single status in February-March. It was quite messy with release dates actually, but the point is that usually after 2nd single the release schedule is quite messy and mixed up with different songs in different countries and platforms.

That's what I could think of, because there have been a few similarities with release schedule so far and also between songs. Like Let Somebody Go being Princess of China on MOTS and Humankind being Charlie Brown of MOTS. These songs don't have potential for massive mainstream success, so it would make sense to put Let Somebody Go and Humankind out there to circle together and have videos as well at some point. Anyway, let's see

Apparently People of the Pride will also be released to radio around the same time.Β 

• Wow 1

19 hours ago, I ran away said:

It was unfortunately expectable and is probably, from a marketing point of view, an understable move to get the Selena target audience onboard (and let's face it, to collab with such a big name and NOT make it a single would probably be a snub to the other artist) but I wish they would have chosen Humankind orΒ People of the Pride instead. I think Let Somebody Go is a weak song musically, and lyrically it's a rehash of Everglow. Especially for a band like Coldplay who has done much, much better ballads all throughout their career, their legacy (and now that they're drawing to a close there are not many more chances left to impact it) would benefit more from unexpected choices and demonstrating their bandwidth.

Well!! It looks like Coldplay might have been lurking on the forums last night. People of the Pride supremacy ⚑️⚑️

• Love 1

9 hours ago, CP-EST said:

I'd like to think we'll have one more single coming out quite soon, in fact almost together with Let Somebody Go. Either Humankind or People of the Pride. It would be quite similar to Mylo Xyloto. They made Princess of China a radio single on 14th February and also Charlie Brown was released with video and having single status in February-March. It was quite messy with release dates actually, but the point is that usually after 2nd single the release schedule is quite messy and mixed up with different songs in different countries and platforms.

That's what I could think of, because there have been a few similarities with release schedule so far and also between songs. Like Let Somebody Go being Princess of China on MOTS and Humankind being Charlie Brown of MOTS. These songs don't have potential for massive mainstream success, so it would make sense to put Let Somebody Go and Humankind out there to circle together and have videos as well at some point. Anyway, let's see

Kudos for predicting Coldplay's next moves, except for the fact that it's POTP instead of Humankind!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I ran away said:

Kudos for predicting Coldplay's next moves, except for the fact that it's POTP instead of Humankind!

I was too doubtful to put all money on POTP.😁 

Anyway, it's more interesting choice than Humankind. I was hoping they go for POTP as single, when I first heard it. It deserves a video as well.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2022 at 9:19 PM, I ran away said:

Especially for a band like Coldplay who has done much, much better ballads all throughout their career, their legacy (and now that they're drawing to a close there are not many more chances left to impact it) would benefit more from unexpected choices and demonstrating their bandwidth.

They did that on Everyday Life. Still one of the most hated bands in the world.

I wonder if they'll perform Let Somebody Go at the Brits, it's a good promo slot (also, have you guys voted today? If some are still bitter about Music of the Spheres do it for me then, my perfectionist ass would love a 5 to 5 proportion of wins πŸ€ͺ).

Edited by gustavothehuman

10 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

They did that on Everyday Life. Still one of the most hated bands in the world.

Idk, they still played it safe with Orphans as the lead single they promoted the most, wish they would have chosen Arabesque instead. EL and COTW were also among safer choices, Cry Cry Cry was the only unusual one. Or was Trouble in Town an official single?

Β 

I don't know if they will perform at the Brits, or will just be there to collect their Lifetime Achievement award (judging by the videos the Brits wanted fans to submit). If they perform, I'd rather have them do People of the Pride. Much more powerful message too.

About the voting, well I gave them 20 votes from the two TikTok accounts I have every day, so they better win this thing πŸ˜„

• Administrators

I need to drop in here and say I've been loving Let Somebody Go lately. It was probably one of my least favourite tracks on this album from my first few listens, but I have it on repeat lately.

And Chris' performance on Ellen today was incredible, nice to hear a piano version without anything else/Selena.

I'd say my favourite off this album now are Let Somebody Go, Higher Power and Coloratura.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

I'm hoping Coldplay's musical project will be animated. There's something pretty magical about animation.

As for 'Let's Somebody Go' and the wrap up of that music video... its understandable but I was rooting for 'People of the Pride' or 'Humankind'.

I think POTP will get a video soon too.

I've a question.Β 

I've had a terrible day and as usual in such cases, I've decided to listen to music to improve a bit my mindset. Now, I've just listened to The Scientist, the official live version in Madrid uploaded on their official YouTube channel. I've noticed that there is now the infinity sign in the corner of the video. So, I've checked other videos (randomly, actually) and the same thing happens. I've not watched their official YouTube videos for a while, so I was wondering, is this sign new and means something? Or was it already there weeks ago, but I didn't notice it?

Edited by only.your.imagination

5 hours ago, only.your.imagination said:

I've a question.Β 

I've had a terrible day and as usual in such cases, I've decided to listen to music to improve a bit my mindset. Now, I've just listened to The Scientist, the official live version in Madrid uploaded on their official YouTube channel. I've noticed that there is now the infinity sign in the corner of the video. So, I've checked other videos (randomly, actually) and the same thing happens. I've not watched their official YouTube videos for a while, so I was wondering, is this sign new and means something? Or was it already there weeks ago, but I didn't notice it?

Been there for a few weeks now, it’s just the symbol they’re using I guess it doesn’t really mean anythingΒ 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, only.your.imagination said:

I've a question.Β 

Thats a youtube thing where you can put a logo or image in the corner and if you click on it it subscribes you to the channel, nothing special really

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CP-EST said:

Going back to this October post, during the current situation, I can't believe they managed to make such advertisement in Moscow. Some of the music from Everyday Life and MOTS hits differently these days.

Β 

Coloratura's lyrics really hit me today...
"And in this crazy world, I do
I just want you..."

And as silly as the lyric β€œcapable of kindness, so they call us humankind” seems to be for some, it’s actually very relevant right now. Humankind needs more kindness so that we won’t have these wars, violence and human suffering. We’re capable of it, but for selfish reasons most choose not to be kind.Β 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Earlier today I listened in to this older live Coldplay show from this YouTube channel called 'Coldplay World', it was during Head Full of Dreams Tour.. when they sang "Up & Up" it struck me pretty hard. Reminds me of the terriable happenings in the world right now.

• Like 5
  • Care 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did anybody notice that in the video for Champion Of The World, the penultimate one in the Everyday Life era (second to the brilliant Trouble In Town video), Chris Martin escapes earth on a rocket, going into aΒ solar system, ending in a scene that's not too much different from the Overtura trailer? These old references to MOTS are more widespread than I'd expected.

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

This album was unexpected for a Max Martin production. Because i know the producer for his work with Backstreet Boys, CΓ©line Dion, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Ariana Grande, Weeknd, etc.. and this album was not expected for this producer and less with Coldplay. Because thier Max Martin sound production was more commercial at the base. But not this. This album was very experimental and so much a album sound like a sountrack to listen of a movie in a space. This album sound not a album formated for hits like the others Max Martin production. This is the album that i wanted to listen the discography of Coldplay (a first of a group) and after listen the rest, i think it's was a very good listen of Music of the Spheres, but some problems with Biutyful (the chikmunks speeding voice of Chris wasn't sound good like in Cry, Cry Cry) and didn't like at all People to the Pride. But Coloratura was the best piece of art of the album. A masterpiece this song and my favorite of the album (i also love Higher Power, Human Kind and Infinity Sign).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Now, when tour has been going on for a few weeks, it has sank in that there's probably a few interesting/controversial decisions in setlist.

Coloratura doesn't seem to have a regular spot in setlist. I mean, wtf happened with that? It was their "favourite song to play" (said by Chris word by word) and fans seemed to agree, it's a definite show closer. Now it's played sometimes in the middle of setlist as a shortened version... I don't have a problem with that shortened version and it being played in the middle of setlist. It seemed to work really well, but why is it not regular? Something tragic must have happened. It is a long song, but as a shortened version, there is absolutely no way, it's too long and boring. So, this is a bullshit explanation.

Don't want to be harsh, but in my opinion Let Somebody Go is the song, which definitely doesn't deserve a regular spot on setlist. It's so weak and boring as a Chris solo performance in a big stadium. Everglow seemed to work, LSG doesn't do the same trick. Only trick it does, is people going to bathroom and letting something go. (seems like yesterday's show got Foo Fighters cover instead).

Biutyful became a show closer. After checking a few videos and looking at the flow of this setlist, I actually find this quite good decision for now. It kind of seems to work, as a bright, nice little song after intense and explosive show. + this acoustic guitar sounds so good.

A Wave as an outro tune - this sounds so amazing, whether it's some scrapped idea or something from the possible MOTS vol 2. Lyrics sounded like "Speak in a language without a name. One day we'll meet each other again"? Anyway, it works perfectly when they walk off.

Does anyone think there might be some new MOTS material released soon and appearing in the setlist? I somehow have a feeling, that they might have a few ideas already waiting. For example I predict, Biutyful is song, which gets to be a show closer until they replace it something else.

Overall, MOTS concert seems like AHFOD concert on steroids. The effects, lights and design of the stage is in every way upgrade and looks spectacular. Let's just see how this tour evolves.

Edited by CP-EST
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1