✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

8 hours ago, jc90 said:

for some reason i dont see it, i almost wanna say due to country restriction stuff? 

That's the whole point, I don't see it either when I try searching it on Facebook, only the link works apparently.

15 hours ago, United said:

Blinding Lights is a generic garbage. People talking about it like it's a decade's defining masterpice of a song like Bohemian Rhapsody or Wind Of Change.

You spilled the truth. I seriously don't get the hype about The Weeknd in general. Have you listened to his lyrics? It's sad that people stream and support such a misogynist artist.

15 hours ago, prco1994 said:

I mean let's face it, in terms of poppy Coldplay I think Max Martin is light years ahead from how Stargate massacred AHFOD....

Absolutely agree with that!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

That's the whole point, I don't see it either when I try searching it on Facebook, only the link works apparently.

It's not a country restriction, the link is accessible worldwide but it's unlisted, hence why you can't find it if you go to their page. They must have made it public by accident for a short period of time and some people saw it. I don't get why they don't just take the link down now though if they don't want us to hear it :shrug:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, I ran away said:
15 hours ago, United said:

Blinding Lights is a generic garbage. People talking about it like it's a decade's defining masterpice of a song like Bohemian Rhapsody or Wind Of Change.

You spilled the truth. I seriously don't get the hype about The Weeknd in general. Have you listened to his lyrics? It's sad that people stream and support such a misogynist artist.

I mean i'm be no means music expert, but here's my comment.

We can't argue, that a lot of the music these days feels generic. But the beauty of a song becoming big or relevant these days mostly lies in something else than just being an original artsy masterpiece. It's freakin TikTok era, where people have attention span of 5 seconds, so in order to make impact with a song, you need to do it in 5 seconds. Let's not forget that most of the people don't properly listen to music, they just hear it and consume in a very basic way. So what for example Blinding Lights achieved is that it became instantly easily relatable to all the age groups. It has very simple catchy melody, which somehow didn't wear out quickly, it presented the sound of the 80's in a clever way, it's uptempo and danceable - TikTok.

So overall, the thing is that definition of a masterpiece can be different. Blinding Lights is a masterpiece if you consider it achieved "ticking all the boxes" of the modern hit song and you can't blame the song for doing that. You could just blame the modern society making the criterias of a masterpiece something else than they were in the past.

Edited by CP-EST
  • Like 7

What???! It's gone indeed..... luckily I somehow managed to download the snippet on my phone yesterday!

Let's just be patient and see what the entire song will sound like on May 7. I'm pretty sure Jonny is going to have a shining guitar solo/riff in this one.

37 minutes ago, Captain Crieff said:

It's not a country restriction, the link is accessible worldwide but it's unlisted, hence why you can't find it if you go to their page. They must have made it public by accident for a short period of time and some people saw it. I don't get why they don't just take the link down now though if they don't want us to hear it :shrug:

I know it wasn't a restriction but how could this have been an "accident" in the first place!?! It's not the first time such a thing happens to Coldplay

3 minutes ago, M Marks The Spot said:

Who knows? It might have been just a publicity stunt all along :stunned:

Exactly!!! You could be right about that, perhaps it wasn't an ''accident'' in the end :wideeyed:

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

Coldplay Kaotican ``1`` Appears in YouTube Video.

To clarify each video I examined had to have come from the official Coldplay YouTube Channel and the song’s `official video`.

Key: ** = Kaotican 1 Appearance // = nope V =Views

As of May 2021. Just wanted to record this if anything comes from it. Might be possible set-list of songs; Dunno.

Just in case something is related in the future to these songs, like a future concert or in a remake CD... I'll hide my findings in a spoiler tag. I will have one image displayed but it's to show you all what I'm looking for. Hope that helps.

Hide contents

1.     "Don't Panic"        ** V 12,767,041

2.     "Shiver" ** V 27,756,669

3.     "Spies"   // V 2,600,547

4.     "Sparks" // V 6,963,509

5.     "Yellow" ** V 566,084,280

6.     "Trouble" ** V 132,014,599

7.     "Parachutes" // V 999,906

8.     "High Speed"        // V 1,441,295

9.     "We Never Change" // V 2,257,866

10.  "Everything's Not Lost" // V 1,921,455

\Japanese Bonus Tracks\

11.  "Careful Where You Stand" ** V 789,278

12.  "For You" // V 543,083

((Going forward I won’t count the views))

--

1.     "Politik" //

2.     "In My Place" ** 

3.     "God Put a Smile upon Your Face" **     

4.     "The Scientist" **

5.     "Clocks" **

6.     "Daylight" //

7.     "Green Eyes" //

8.     "Warning Sign" //       

9.     "A Whisper"  //

10.  "A Rush of Blood to the Head" //

11.  "Amsterdam" //

--

1.     "Square One" //         

2.     "What If" //         

3.     "White Shadows" //   

4.     "Fix You" **        

5.     "Talk" **       

6.     "X&Y" //       

7.     "Speed of Sound" **

8.     "A Message" //

9.     "Low" //

10.  "The Hardest Part" **

11.  "Swallowed in the Sea" // 

12.  "Twisted Logic" //       

13.  "Til Kingdom Come" //

\Japanese Bonus Tracks\

14.  "How You See the World" ~~

[NA. Not on official Coldplay channel]

--

1.     "Life in Technicolor" //

2.     "Cemeteries of London" //

3.     "Lost!" //      

4.     "42" //  

5.     "Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love" **

6.     "Yes" //

7.     "Viva la Vida" ** 

8.     "Violet Hill"   **

9.     "Strawberry Swing" **       

10.  "Death and All His Friends" //

-- EP

3.     "Lost+" **    

5.     "Life in Technicolor II" **

B-side     "The Goldrush" **

(Just posting this here. A fan requested Coldplay play “The Goldrush” live.

So far in my hunt it appears the symbols are linked to official music videos not just the song and a static image. Should I stop my search for now? Think this means anything? (I might be going a bit wild, lol)

ColdplayKaotican1_DONT-PANIC.png

I'm really sorry to burst your bubble again but I'm fairly sure there's nothing hidden in these YouTube videos. Its just the YouTube watermark that you can assign a picture to. Some videos don't have it because it can be turned off as well and that will just be a coincidence. 

The image/tweet from Kathryn refers to a troll I believe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LelieJens said:

I'm really sorry to burst your bubble again but I'm fairly sure there's nothing hidden in these YouTube videos. Its just the YouTube watermark that you can assign a picture to. Some videos don't have it because it can be turned off as well and that will just be a coincidence. 

The image/tweet from Kathryn refers to a troll I believe.

If you click on it it redirects you to Coldplay YouTube page right? Don't think there is a special meaning behind it, indeed just a watermark.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CP-EST said:

I mean i'm be no means music expert, but here's my comment.

We can't argue, that a lot of the music these days feels generic. But the beauty of a song becoming big or relevant these days mostly lies in something else than just being an original artsy masterpiece. It's freakin TikTok era, where people have attention span of 5 seconds, so in order to make impact with a song, you need to do it in 5 seconds. Let's not forget that most of the people don't properly listen to music, they just hear it and consume in a very basic way. So what for example Blinding Lights achieved is that it became instantly easily relatable to all the age groups. It has very simple catchy melody, which somehow didn't wear out quickly, it presented the sound of the 80's in a clever way, it's uptempo and danceable - TikTok.

So overall, the thing is that definition of a masterpiece can be different. Blinding Lights is a masterpiece if you consider it achieved "ticking all the boxes" of the modern hit song and you can't blame the song for doing that. You could just blame the modern society making the criterias of a masterpiece something else than they were in the past.

I see your point, and I totally agree about how our attention span is steadily decreasing, it's something I've noticed as well. I would call a song like BL a huge commercial success, but still in no way a masterpiece just because it ticks all these boxes though. It's a matter of definition. I see no value in managing to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

And to be honest i would also blame artists who cater to this lowest common denominator - they are a big part of this supply and demand chain for, let's call it, generic music. And yet a well-composed, original-sounding song with a great melody can be a massive hit as well - take Viva la Vida for example. You can become a major commercially successful artist on the back of great compositions, like Coldplay. I have a feeling if you create consistently great artistic value, it will eventually come through and be successful. But most people don't and look for the easy way, which is not surprising.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I think popularity alone doesn't make a song a masterpiece. Most songs that are very popular have catchy melodies, and usually they readily evoke emotions in many people. Other factors like branding and personality can help too. I don't even think that came about with social media, and it's happening in other arts too. Being artsy alone won't qualify a song as a masterpiece either. I think ultimately most people care more about how a song makes them feel than the actual composition. A true masterpiece like bohemian rhapsody will have that emotional impact and be easily palatable, and additionally will be more innovative or technically advanced.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, IneedYou23 said:

En primer lugar, he estado en este foro desde antes del lanzamiento de X&Y, pero he estado al acecho durante los últimos dos ciclos de álbumes y no publico mucho estos días. Pero he seguido a los chicos desde el principio. Entonces, ha sido un placer decir que he crecido con ellos musicalmente y en la vida.

Siempre deseé que hubieran seguido la ruta completa del rock alternativo, ya que su material anterior indicaba que serían bastante buenos en eso. Mira, me encanta la guitarra de Buckland, creo que es un genio sutil, y desearía que lo desataran por completo, es decir, One I Love (2003 Live). Pero he llegado a aceptar que simplemente no van a hacer eso. El genio de Buckland sigue ahí, pero al igual que el resto de la banda, se complementan perfectamente, lo que los convierte en quienes son, Coldplay.

Cada vez que lanzan un álbum, me asusto un poco, a falta de una palabra mejor, de que se vuelvan pop dignos de vergüenza. Pero he aprendido a crecer con ellos y a aceptar que, al final, nunca te desviarán. Saben lo que hacen. Incluso si es pop. Amo la mayoría de sus cosas pop. Porque al final del día, crean con un propósito. Y sé que significa algo para ellos, por lo perfeccionistas que son.

Entonces, si bien este pequeño fragmento de 15 segundos parece súper amapola, no tengo ninguna duda de que será Coldplay en su esencia. Diablos, esto puede ser lo más popular del álbum. No juzguemos todo el álbum o la canción en 15 segundos. En este punto del juego, saben lo que están haciendo. ¡Confío en ellos! ¡Trae Higher Power y el álbum! 

The only thing I ask of God is that there be no more ohhhh aaaahhhh uuuuhhh no more please ? and many much JB riffs and solos

• Like 1

I think we all have to consider the fact that Coldplay has changed since 2010. Those stadium-pop songs are now part of their identity because it was a choice they made a decade ago, or even with Viva la Vida. 

Imo, i like the fact that they made Everyday Life before because it reminds us that they still have this melancolic-soft rock vibe in their roots. They just chose to explore new horizons and I can't blame them for that. My two favorites albums are AROBTTH and Mylo Xyloto, I'm lucky to love both sides of their music ... But please if you're unhappy, remain respectful with their choice ?

• Like 7
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, I ran away said:

Entiendo su punto, y estoy totalmente de acuerdo en cómo nuestra capacidad de atención está disminuyendo constantemente, es algo que también he notado. Yo diría que una canción como BL es un gran éxito comercial, pero de ninguna manera una obra maestra solo porque cumple todos estos requisitos. Es una cuestión de definición. No veo ningún valor en lograr apelar al mínimo común denominador.

Y para ser honesto, también culparía a los artistas que se adaptan a este mínimo común denominador: son una gran parte de esta cadena de oferta y demanda de, llamémosla, música genérica. Y, sin embargo, una canción bien compuesta, con un sonido original y una gran melodía también puede ser un gran éxito; tome Viva la Vida, por ejemplo. Puedes convertirte en un gran artista de éxito comercial gracias a grandes composiciones, como Coldplay. Tengo la sensación de que si creas un gran valor artístico de forma constante, eventualmente se materializará y tendrá éxito. Pero la mayoría de la gente no lo hace y busca el camino fácil, lo cual no es sorprendente.

Exactly Brilliant !!! Coldplay looks for the easy way.

a clear example is Arctic Monkeys who broke the market with Do i wanna knows. Thats amazing and cool.

1 hour ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

Predictions on when the full song leaks? I say Tue/Wed ?

Surely before Friday. Since one snippet is out, an x number of people surely have the full mp3. I'd say Mon-Wed.

2 hours ago, Gideon_Mx said:

If you click on it it redirects you to Coldplay YouTube page right? Don't think there is a special meaning behind it, indeed just a watermark.

Ah okay, fair point.

Appreciate your feedback, thanks.

• Like 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021