✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

• Administrators

COLDPLAY - MUSIC OF THE SPHERES
TRACK DISCUSSION

Track 01 - Music of the Spheres (stylised as πŸͺ)
Track 02 - Higher Power
Track 03 - Humankind
Track 04 - Alien Choir (stylised as ✨)
Track 05 - Let Somebody Go | Coldplay X Selena Gomez
Track 06 - Human Heart (stylised as ❀️) | Coldplay X We Are KING X Jacob Collier
Track 07 - People of the Pride
Track 08 - Biutyful
Track 09 - Music of the Spheres II (stylised as 🌎)
Track 10 - My Universe | Coldplay X BTS
Track 11 - Infinity Sign (stylised as β™Ύ)
Track 12 - Coloratura

Coldplay-Credit-James-Marcus-Haney-1.jpg

Coldplay’s much-anticipated ninth album, Music Of The Spheres is out now worldwide!

The band have also released a new lyric video for album centerpiece Let Somebody Go, featuring handwritten lyrics by Chris and guest singer, Selena Gomez.

Music Of The Spheres features the single Higher Power, which received its first play on the International Space Station by French astronaut Thomas Pesquet and quickly became a worldwide hit. Last week, Coldplay became the first British band to debut at number one on the US Hot 100 with their BTS collaboration My Universe.Β  The song has already racked up more than 100 million views on YouTube.

Β 

The album release comes a day after the band announced a massive global stadium tour for 2022. The full list of shows for the Music Of The Spheres World Tour is available now at coldplay.com/tour.

The tour announcement was accompanied by a comprehensive set of sustainability initiatives and environmental commitments, including halving CO2 emissions and planting a tree for every ticket sold. The full list can be viewed at coldplay.com/sustainability.

The band will appear for a week-long music residency on CBS’s THE LATE LATE SHOW with JAMES CORDEN from Monday, October 18th to Thursday, October 21st to celebrate the release of Music Of The Spheres. The residency will include the television debut of Let Somebody Go with Selena Gomez as well as a special performance of ❀️ (pronounced Human Heart) with We Are KING and Jacob Collier.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

My guess... Music Of The Spheres/Fragments For The Fans, a compilation or box set with studio outtakes from all previous eras of the band.

Including songs from before Parachutes, like the Big Fat Noises' Panic EP and other odd things.

Release in 2024. The picture might just indicate 'this is old (and dusty)', as are the recordings in the box set. ;)

Β 

Actually I think 'Spheres' (different worlds) in this case could indeed mean the band's different eras.

• Like 7
  • Wow 6

FYI, we're doing some light investigating in my LP9 thread already, but please continue.

Β 

As for 2), again, its been theorized in the LP9 thread already, but I dont buy it. I cant see how they can see that far into the future when their tour will begin, let alone end.

• Like 2

It's interesting to read about the different theories! :) This was what I posted before in the LP9 thread:

Staying with the space theme, "2024" could be a reference to NASA's 2024 Apollo Moon Mission, Back to the moon. And maybe the car is an old rover (-> lunar rover)? There's also a theme of bringing old and new together in the picture generally as with regards to Music of the Spheres, I learned that this seems to relate back to old theories by scientists Pythagoras and Kepler and their work on the relationship between music, harmonics and geometry, as well as the universe. In that album booklet picture that could be represented by the celestial symbols and geometrical shapes. NASA also seem to be exploring this Music of the Spheres theory further, saying "Lunar exploration is musical" and more on their website, and they're trying to sonify data from space. Perhaps Space Symphony could be a Coldplay adaptation of it? It sounds like a great title for a song either way.

• Like 1

My guess... Music Of The Spheres/Fragments For The Fans, a compilation or box set with studio outtakes from all previous eras of the band.

Including songs from before Parachutes, like the Big Fat Noises' Panic EP and other odd things.

Release in 2024. The picture might just indicate 'this is old (and dusty)', as are the recordings in the box set. ;)

Β 

Actually I think 'Spheres' (different worlds) in this case could indeed mean the band's different eras.

I would die if that was it

• Like 7

The billboard really looks like Pilar Zeta's artwork. And honestly, the whole thing kinda reminds me of the AHFOD era imagery, especially what was on the band's website, except it's in black and white.

Β 

The DNA reminds me of X&Y. DNA is the genetic code... which makes me think of "deciphering the codes in you" and the Baudot code. And of course, the image is in "black and white" with "no color or light," which sounds like some lyrics off the 9th song on X&Y.

Β 

I love theorizing, okay wacko.gif.508cd809398d9595189add5060e88189.gif

• Like 7
  • Wow 2

Well your zoomed in photo depicts "Coldplay Coming Soon" 2024 is not soon..... Whatever this is, it's going to happen soon!!!!

Β 

Oh!maybe i find something!

Β 

There is 9 planets,symboles in the pictures with one little circles above

Each planets,symbols represants an albums and on of them is lp9

For exemple the sun represants lp8 everyday life

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9899]9899[/ATTACH]

• Like 3

The billboard really looks like Pilar Zeta's artwork. And honestly, the whole thing kinda reminds me of the AHFOD era imagery, especially what was on the band's website, except it's in black and white.

Β 

The DNA reminds me of X&Y. DNA is the genetic code... which makes me think of "deciphering the codes in you" and the Baudot code. And of course, the image is in "black and white" with "no color or light," which sounds like some lyrics off the 9th song on X&Y.

Β 

I love theorizing, okay [ATTACH type=full" alt="wacko.gif]9943[/ATTACH]

And the image on the left side (swirling galaxy ?) reminds me of Mylo :)

• Like 3

In that French interview, doesn't Chris say "They both mean something...." ??

Β 

If so, that makes me wonder if the car and license plate is different from Music of the Spheres, Coldplay coming soon thing...

Β 

Maybe Music of the Spheres is coming in 2020 and then FFTF is coming in 2024 and includes........car kids...........

• Like 2
  • Wow 3

Well your zoomed in photo depicts "Coldplay Coming Soon" 2024 is not soon..... Whatever this is, it's going to happen soon!!!!

2024 is not soon, but it could perhaps mean 2nd of April or 4th of February in 2020. That would be very soon.

• Like 1

In that French interview, doesn't Chris say "They both mean something...." ??

Β 

If so, that makes me wonder if the car and license plate is different from Music of the Spheres, Coldplay coming soon thing...

Β 

Maybe Music of the Spheres is coming in 2020 and then FFTF is coming in 2024 and includes........car kids...........

I haven't watched the French interview yet but if there are two meanings then one of the themes in the picture could be space and the other sustainability.

Β 

The way I see it the main features of the picture are the billboard, the car and the license plate, and both space and sustainability could be represented in each of the three.

Β 

In terms of the space theme, if the car is an old range rover then the 2nd part of the name as well as the "2024" from the license plate could be referring to the next NASA Apollo moon mission. In the billboard the space theme is picked up by the solar system model and the "music of the spheres" slogan.

Β 

As for sustainability, if it is a range rover then the "range" part could be a reference to sustainability, especially in relation to touring. A ranger is someone who protects nature and ranging can mean travelling too. In the license plate, the "FFTF" could be relating to sustainability as well, assuming it stands for "Fit for the future". And maybe if they say on the billboard "Coldplay coming soon" they're telling us that they might be on the road/touring again soon? Although that could just be wishful thinking...!

• Like 4

I think February 4th of 2020 is a little too soon. I guess it's possible, but it's on a Tuesday (most major album releases are on Fridays) and I seriously wonder if they'd have the time to finish a brand new album so soon after focusing on 17 songs (Everyday Life + Flags) for the past year unless they pulled a Kid A+Amnesiac and worked on two albums simultaneously. Even April 2nd seems unlikely because it's just so soon. I would think they'd like to spend a good portion of the year finishing the new record. And 2024 is just so far off... that is NOT "coming soon" :joy:

Β 

If FFTF stands for "Fight For the Future," I think it's worth noting that there is an internet copyright, privacy, censorship, and net neutrality advocacy group by that name:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_for_the_Future

Β 

I'm not sure what that means in terms of this supposed space theme, though. Maybe "Fit For the Future" is more likely to be the album title.

• Like 7

I think February 4th of 2020 is a little too soon. I guess it's possible, but it's on a Tuesday (most major album releases are on Fridays) and I seriously wonder if they'd have the time to finish a brand new album so soon after focusing on 17 songs (Everyday Life + Flags) for the past year unless they pulled a Kid A+Amnesiac and worked on two albums simultaneously. Even April 2nd seems unlikely because it's just so soon. I would think they'd like to spend a good portion of the year finishing the new record. And 2024 is just so far off... that is NOT "coming soon" :joy:

Β 

But they said they wanna release the next album 'as soon as possible'. Unless all the press and media wrote that headline(s) as clickbait?

• Like 2

Fftf could mean:

Finished February the Fourth. or: Friday February the Fourth (but that would be in 2021).

Β 

As for album titles it could be:

Fly, fly to freedom; Feel free to fly; Friends for the future;

Β 

Just some wild guesses.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Β 

If FFTF stands for "Fight For the Future," I think it's worth noting that there is an internet copyright, privacy, censorship, and net neutrality advocacy group by that name:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_for_the_Future

Β 

I'm not sure what that means in terms of this supposed space theme, though. Maybe "Fit For the Future" is more likely to be the album title.

Β 

Thinking about the characters on the license plate again, It could very well be April, 2, 2020 (at least according to how date notation is used here in Germany LOL) By the way, this is a Thursday. Maybe a new single or an introduction to a new era? :)

• Like 3

Hi guys, so it might have appeared here already, but the trademark Music of the spheres was submitted by Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will.

Β 

https://trademarks.justia.com/880/46/music-of-the-88046174.html

Β 

The more interesting thing is that it was actually refused and asked for reconsideratiom on december 23, 2019? After EL was released already.

Β 

If it was here already, sorry for double posting!

150D878B-2B10-4D0A-B12F-C925746CF65B.thumb.jpeg.ae012d7a9c5c977a944df659ac1ef285.jpeg

Edited by ri3o
  • Like 9
  • Wow 7

^Interesting! And great job researching this.

Β 

I don't know much about how copyright works, but I think if the request was rejected that doesn't stop them from still using it as a title. Like, there's now way they copyrighted Ghost Stories right? AHFOD and MX make sense to copyright cuz who's gonna copy that, but you can't copyright something that's commonplace (remember the case where Taylor Swift was trying to copyright her super commonplace lyrics?).

Β 

Music of the Spheres already exists as a poem and as other music, so personally I feel like it's silly to copyright. But again, I'm not in the business and there's probably some imp. legal reasons to do this.

Β 

Regardless, it seems like we know the title of the upcoming project!

• Like 7

Hi guys, so it might have appeared here already, but the trademark Music of the spheres was submitted by Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will.

Β 

https://trademarks.justia.com/880/46/music-of-the-88046174.html

Β 

The more interesting thing is that it was actually refused and asked for reconsideratiom on december 23, 2019? After EL was released already.

Β 

If it was here already, sorry for double posting!

Β 

That first appeared along with the Los Unidades and Car Kids trademarks. I hadn't known they'd reapplied for it last month though.

• Like 2

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic