โœจ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR โœจ

๐Ÿช Coldplay: Music of the Spheres ๐Ÿช | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Iโ€™m nervous about the views that will be getting for this Collabโ€™s MV (if itโ€™s true) itโ€™s definitely going to over shadow Higher Power MV and probably the other singles (3rd-4th-5th) just like Paradise did with HLH, ETIAW and POC. Gonna be MX views a second time with MOTS. I hope this wonโ€™t be the case! ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm not sold on the BTS collab yet. Why would the leak just say "Korean, Korean, Korean?" If was coming from an official source, it would be translated or written out. Also, BTS has been doing most of it's big recent singles in English, so I I'd imagine if they collabed with Coldplay it would be. We'll see.ย 

If it ends up being true, this era is shaping up to be quite poppy, which I think we anticipated. The question for me is whether they'll make room for some truly alternative tracks. If they have them, we sure haven't heard them. And before you say Human Heart is an alt track -- yes it's definitely different, but a duet with a simple, catchy repeated melody is still pop to me at its core. Higher Power was listed as an "alt" track from Coldplay's label? Idk gang. Starting to worry they're going full 100% pop.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said:

I'm not sold on the BTS collab yet. Why would the leak just say "Korean, Korean, Korean?" If was coming from an official source, it would be translated or written out. Also, BTS has been doing most of it's big recent singles in English, so I I'd imagine if they collabed with Coldplay it would be. We'll see.ย 

If it ends up being true, this era is shaping up to be quite poppy, which I think we anticipated. The question for me is whether they'll make room for some truly alternative tracks. If they have them, we sure haven't heard them. And before you say Human Heart is an alt track -- yes it's definitely different, but a duet with a simple, catchy repeated melody is still pop to me at its core. Higher Power was listed as an "alt" track from Coldplay's label? Idk gang. Starting to worry they're going full 100% pop.

during the BBC Radio 1 interviews they mentioned playing a song that was unlike anything they'd ever done, which was also Will's favorite song. Last time they said that, we got Arabesque (something they said they'd never done) and Champion of the World (Will's favorite). We'll see.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Care 1

1 hour ago, lennyrott1 said:

I'm thinking the lyrics may not be official, can come from someone who's only heard the song being played. Can also be someone who works with BTS who has leaked it.ย 

Well can't be 100 that this is the real lyrics, funny thing is the lyrics was taken down from genius within minutes after I had posted them here. Could mean that they are fake as well as the real lyrics I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lennyrott1 said:

Maybe they played it at Big Weekend. There were people filming outside the security perimeter, maybe someone who doesn't speak Korean

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

I'm thinking the lyrics may not be official, can come from someone who's only heard the song being played. Can also be someone who works with BTS who has leaked it.ย 

Well can't be 100 that this is the real lyrics, funny thing is the lyrics was taken down from genius within minutes after I had posted them here. Could mean that they are fake as well as the real lyrics I guess.

ย 

1 hour ago, driftaguy said:

Maybe they played it at Big Weekend. There were people filming outside the security perimeter, maybe someone who doesn't speak Korean

At Big Weekend they were using in hear monitors instead of speakers for most of the performanceย to make sure the songs weren't heard from most people. They would have been extra careful when it comes to a new song and despite people outside recording most of the set, nobody said anything about a new song. So I highly doubt anybody heard the new song properly, or no one could tell it was a BTS collab.

Ifย it was the BTS song, either it would have been noticeable (and so people would have talked about it as they leaked the setlist) or actually they would not have been able to hear the lyrics properly, probably. So in either scenario it seems highly unlikely that lyrics could leak from there.

Lyrics tend to leak when a song is about to drop, because lots of people end up having the recording right before the release.

So a leak now does not make much sense.

It is equally likely that the song performed at Big Weekend was not the collaboration, it could be many other songs, as someone just pointed out.

People in the fandom have already used such means to troll everybody by the way.

That being said, the BTS collaboration is definitely happening at some point. But we can't use those lyrics as some kind of strong evidence, it really is not.

I do invite everyone who wants to specifically exchange about the potential collab to post in this thread :ย 

ย 

Thank you

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Last weekend I was one of the lucky winners of the Higher Power Spaceship event in Amsterdam, which I have mentioned earlier in this topic. We did a Coldplay escape room, really fun, entirely about Coldplay. I remember I read on a paper the name 'Troblyganus' or 'Troblygonus', which was marked as a planet.ย 

I don't know whether this is inside information or just a made up name, but it is a fun rumour to spread.

• Like 8
  • Wow 5

I see this BTS collab being quite possible in one way or another, given there is so many hints about it. I'm just hopingย it's worth it, becauseย BTS truly is just a product,ย not a real music act. So in this case this will be quite a risky collaboration, if this song really is good enough and doesn't leave a bad mark on the new album. If Coldplayย can make it work well and seem natural, I'd be very impressed.

But on the other hand, even if it's just an average song, it probably will boost the finance of Coldplay anyway.ย I was getting worried after these recent TVย performances, the amount of fireworks and lights was just crazy.ย ?

Anyway I would be surprised if there will be a new release so soon, because Higher Power is still quite fresh (music video is still being released)ย and from the rumours we have heard, the album won't be released in the next 3-4 months. But you never know, itย can be a good moveย to have BTS collab boosting Higher Power as well. Having two hit singles will probably boost Coldplay'sย prominence for the coming monthsย and it will be good for the album sales. There probably is at least one very strong single still left closer to album release.

Very excited to see what's coming up next, because it's seemingly getting a bit quieter now after thisย run of live performances. And I stillย believe this new "album" has something more to it than just being a classicย album format release, it is often referred more as a "project". So it will be interesting to see what it turns out to be.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, WhiteShadow7 said:

Last weekend I was one of the lucky winners of the Higher Power Spaceship event in Amsterdam, which I have mentioned earlier in this topic. We did a Coldplay escape room, really fun, entirely about Coldplay. I remember I read on a paper the name 'Troblyganus' or 'Troblygonus', which was marked as a planet.ย 

I don't know whether this is inside information or just a made up name, but it is a fun rumour to spread.

It's just an anagram for Glastonbury. Part of the promo of the escape room. ?

• Like 9

8 hours ago, CP-EST said:

I see this BTS collab being quite possible in one way or another, given there is so many hints about it. I'm just hopingย it's worth it, becauseย BTS truly is just a product,ย not a real music act. So in this case this will be quite a risky collaboration, if this song really is good enough and doesn't leave a bad mark on the new album. If Coldplayย can make it work well and seem natural, I'd be very impressed.

But on the other hand, even if it's just an average song, it probably will boost the finance of Coldplay anyway.ย I was getting worried after these recent TVย performances, the amount of fireworks and lights was just crazy.ย ?

Anyway I would be surprised if there will be a new release so soon, because Higher Power is still quite fresh (music video is still being released)ย and from the rumours we have heard, the album won't be released in the next 3-4 months. But you never know, itย can be a good moveย to have BTS collab boosting Higher Power as well. Having two hit singles will probably boost Coldplay'sย prominence for the coming monthsย and it will be good for the album sales. There probably is at least one very strong single still left closer to album release.

Very excited to see what's coming up next, because it's seemingly getting a bit quieter now after thisย run of live performances. And I stillย believe this new "album" has something more to it than just being a classicย album format release, it is often referred more as a "project". So it will be interesting to see what it turns out to be.

What you said at the end is really interesting, and Iโ€™ve been thinking the same way... there is a reason why they decided to enter on this legal thing to get the name Music Of The Spheres, to my knowledge, you donโ€™t need a trademark to name a record, or produce merchandise, because anything you produce,ย would land under the brand โ€œColdplayโ€... it would be more like a copyright ยฉ... buts itโ€™s almost as if theyโ€™re creating a new brand or something like this... please let me know if Iโ€™m right or completely wrong about this because I know absolutely nothing about this legal stuff...

Anyhow, they are planning something big, they are expecting it to be big... who really knows what can happen?!! ???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, harrisonrules said:

ย 

I always love how Planeta Coldplay always creates this cool extended/cover/remix/ songs out of snippets and small portions of songs...ย 
what do you think MOTS is actually going to sound like? Did we get it fully on the Glastonbury set? Or is it going to be longer?!ย 
I think we have officially hear all of it, itโ€™s just an amazing intro....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think we all know that MOTS will be an album, but I wonder how they will release music during this era. Gorillaz for example just did that "Song Machine" series where they collaborated with a bunch of artists and released EP's that eventually were put into one album, or "season" like a TV show.ย 

There's also precedent for Coldplay releasing songs that don't make the next album (Atlas, Moving to Mars, Goldrush). I wonder if the MOTS era will have more to offer than just the singles and albums. At this point, HP (as Kaotica) and Human Heart, and the MOTS intro seem very likely for the album. But a possible BTS collab could be totally one off. I think it'd be cool if they did Planet EP's that have b-sides. So like a Kaotica EP featuring Higher Power & some alternative track. I doubt this will happen but we're in a weird holding pattern right now of knowing a lot but still open to big surprises.ย 

Alien Radio itself teased Higher Power, but all those audio clips and languages translated must add up to something greater? I mean Higher Power as far as I can tell has no discernable lyrical point other than "I've been feeling down, you picked me up." which has nothing to do with Space, or Alice in Wonderland, or UFO's, or some of the other cool stories referenced on Alien Radio. Human Heart is the same. It's about boy and girl hearts and gender stereotypes. What's the theme here?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said:

I think we all know that MOTS will be an album, but I wonder how they will release music during this era. Gorillaz for example just did that "Song Machine" series where they collaborated with a bunch of artists and released EP's that eventually were put into one album, or "season" like a TV show.ย 

There's also precedent for Coldplay releasing songs that don't make the next album (Atlas, Moving to Mars, Goldrush). I wonder if the MOTS era will have more to offer than just the singles and albums. At this point, HP (as Kaotica) and Human Heart, and the MOTS intro seem very likely for the album. But a possible BTS collab could be totally one off. I think it'd be cool if they did Planet EP's that have b-sides. So like a Kaotica EP featuring Higher Power & some alternative track. I doubt this will happen but we're in a weird holding pattern right now of knowing a lot but still open to big surprises.ย 

Alien Radio itself teased Higher Power, but all those audio clips and languages translated must add up to something greater? I mean Higher Power as far as I can tell has no discernable lyrical point other than "I've been feeling down, you picked me up." which has nothing to do with Space, or Alice in Wonderland, or UFO's, or some of the other cool stories referenced on Alien Radio. Human Heart is the same. It's about boy and girl hearts and gender stereotypes. What's the theme here?

I kind of perceived HH as a human falling in love with an alien and being unable to be togetherย 

• Like 1

I watched an interview (can't remember which one) where Chris was asked if the different alienradio snippets meant anything and he said they don't. So who knows if it's just a bit of fun marketing or if it'llย have a deeper meaning later on, and what they'll end up doing with that whole website. Same for the whole album conceptualisation with all the symbols etc. I hope it'll all mean something in the end.ย so far Higher Power might have a meaningful title but is otherwise not that deep so the album could be anything in the end.ย 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AnaMarie said:

What you said at the end is really interesting, and Iโ€™ve been thinking the same way... there is a reason why they decided to enter on this legal thing to get the name Music Of The Spheres, to my knowledge, you donโ€™t need a trademark to name a record, or produce merchandise, because anything you produce,ย would land under the brand โ€œColdplayโ€... it would be more like a copyright ยฉ... buts itโ€™s almost as if theyโ€™re creating a new brand or something like this... please let me know if Iโ€™m right or completely wrong about this because I know absolutely nothing about this legal stuff...

Anyhow, they are planning something big, they are expecting it to be big... who really knows what can happen?!! ???

I have been saying since I first saw MOTS and FFTF on EL that this is more then just an album I feel likeย ย they are creating something much bigger I have no idea what that is lol but I feel like itโ€™s something to do with uniting ppl I dunno if itโ€™s musical or charitable or what but Chris also said in interview recently that they have a focused plan ahead . Yes we will get a album but I think there is a lot more to itย 

• Like 3

On 30/5/2021 at 23:56, TheBigBadBono said:

Durante las entrevistas de BBC Radio 1, mencionaron tocar una canciรณn que no se parecรญa a nada que hubieran hecho, que tambiรฉn era la canciรณn favorita de Will. La รบltima vez que dijeron eso, obtuvimos Arabesque (algo que dijeron que nunca habรญan hecho) y Campeรณn del Mundo (el favorito de Will). Ya veremos.

Champions of the world is Bad in My opiniรณnย 

• Wow 2
  • Sad 2

About theย stillย possibleย collab with BTS, I've just posted this on the subreddit:

I was just discussing onย the Coldplay discord with some friends and just came to the best possible conclusion for this whole collab controversy.

Coldplay could release "My Universe", or whatever the song might be called in the end, as a solo version and release a remix of the song, now featuring BTS. Lots of artists drop their own version of the song and later release it again featuring a bigger artist on it. The Weekend did that with "Blinding Lights" (remix features Rosalรญa) and "Save Your Tears" (remix features Ariana Grande). They could even release the BTS version as the original one and then include their own solo version as a sort of B-Side or bonus track.

In my opinion, that would definitely please both fans from each group and we, Coldplay fans, would always get to listen to their solo version and relies on it, for those who end up disliking the BTS one for whatever reason. Although, knowing our band, that highly unlikely since they've never released a remix of a song featuring another big artist, their remixes are always done with some kind of DJ or sound producer. The only exception to that would be Lost+ with Jay-Z, but it was never titled or labeled as a remix song though.ย 

Let me know what you guys think about that. It would definitely manage to appease people who wouldn't want a collab, while satisfying those who'd be excited for it. Maybe this could reach out the boys somehow and they might change their plans? Who knows?
ย 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

Pretty much all of the clips have been "identified" so far as being connected eitherย to Coldplay in general (references to Fender, drums, Yellow etc) ; the concept of Music of the Spheres ; Space (could be about the general context of MOTS or about the HP launching event) ; or Higher Power (there are a couple with some higher power lyrics and there's the Swedish one which is likely a reference to Max Martin). The Alice in Wonderland one is allegedly a signature from the creative agency Rabbit hole.

Some have not been interpreted fully yet. For instance there's one about isomorphism?ย I definitely think they are about MOTS as a whole and the website will be used to tease future releases related to MOTS. Maybe they'll add or completely change up the stations at some point.

I do think there is a clear connection between that universe and both songs. Both songs seem to be a reference to the human condition vs supernatural. Higher Power is about the power of love essentially, so powerful it goes beyond what we expect ofย human capabilities. Human Heart is about accepting that we are only humans and we do with what we have. There is an underlying comparison between humans and what we could imagine aliens are like. You know?

• Like 6

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to ๐Ÿช Coldplay: Music of the Spheres ๐Ÿช | Out Now! | Discussion