✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

1 hour ago, 42Escapist said:

This what I was thinking as soon as I first heard it in the Glastonbury live stream.

It makes me wonder... will it also be used at the end of the album? Just like how O is sampled in Always In My Head and a snippet of The Escapist is the intro to Life In Technicolor. Ghost Stories and VLVODAAHF go full circle.

I know that it might be a coincidence but all 4 songs (Always in my Head, O, Music Of The Spheres, Higher Power) are in G Minor and the female choir of Always In My Head/O is synchronized perfectly if you layer it over Music Of The Spheres. It works even better if you paste the "OoOoOh don't ever let go". Dunno, Music Of The Spheres might be actually an evolution of Always In My Head, kinda like how Bani Adam was an evolution of Kaleidoscope.

Edited by nowayme
  • Like 6

19 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

"A melodic orbit in three parts"

I wonder what that could mean... perhaps the album is divided into three groups of three or four songs, each.

20210608_103723.thumb.jpg.7f064c34b784e41eac19d5b86082d04b.jpg

816223485_20210608_103723(1).thumb.jpg.fcda23d10a7e0d2305c696f19ed40308.jpg

That would make sense nowadays. I work for a label myself. The way Spotify works is that its more engaging to release small bundles because you can effectively boost 1 song per album, ep or single. So could be that they will release a few EP's in 'waterfall' adding a song each few weeks to an EP product. To boost popularity in the systems. Would make sense, spheres, planets. 3 planets, 5 songs each (hope) heheh.Β 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, tom043 said:

That would make sense nowadays. I work for a label myself. The way Spotify works is that its more engaging to release small bundles because you can effectively boost 1 song per album, ep or single. So could be that they will release a few EP's in 'waterfall' adding a song each few weeks to an EP product. To boost popularity in the systems. Would make sense, spheres, planets. 3 planets, 5 songs each (hope) heheh.Β 

15 songs ?

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 7:46 AM, stepstr said:

Has anyone noticed that Human Heart from R1 Big Weekend is exactly the same as from Glasto?

Yes, and I made the comparison using software. They are 97,8% identical.

But (I’m a musician that plays a lot with harmonics), there is a potencial explanation. The (extensive)Β vocoder used in HH only let out the processed voice and a minimal fraction of the origin voice (instead of Midnight where the ratio is different. Eventually 75% vocoder andΒ 25% dry real voice, so it sound different live always). In HH I bet for a 95% vocoder and a 3-5% dry real voice. So, sadly, itΒ always soundsΒ the same, in particular with an acapella song (with instruments could be different, butΒ lets be honest, our lovely guys are not the king of the live instrumental improvisation, except of course of Chris).

The honest sad part in HP and HH, is that those songs are so-studio songs that the adrenaline of live improvisation is lost (and only remains the pyrotechnics).

Maybe, in Today Plaza Show on 17th June (with audience), we see something different. I wish it!!!. Otherwise, this is going to be the more plastic Coldplay production, which after a bare bones production like EL, create a confusing and disappointing contrast, at least for me.

Cheers everybody!.Β 

Edited by jmujica
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jmujica said:

Yes, and I made the comparison using software. They are 97,8% identical.

But (I’m a musician that plays a lot with harmonics), there is a potencial explanation. The (extensive)Β vocoder used in HH only let out the processed voice and a minimal fraction of the origin voice (instead of Midnight where the ratio is different. Eventually 75% vocoder andΒ 25% dry real voice, so it sound different live always). In HH I bet for a 95% vocoder and a 3-5% dry real voice. So, sadly, itΒ always soundsΒ the same, in particular with an acapella song (with instruments could be different, butΒ lets be honest, our lovely guys are not the king of the live instrumental improvisation, except of course of Chris).

The honest sad part in HP and HH, is that those songs are so-studio songs that the adrenaline of live improvisation is lost (and only remains the pyrotechnics).

Maybe, in Today Plaza Show on 17th June (with audience), we see something different. I wish it!!!. Otherwise, this is going to be the more plastic Coldplay production, which after a bare bones production like EL, create a confusing and disappointing contrast, at least for me.

Cheers everybody!.Β 

MX era versions of GPASUYF would disagree with you. ?

But indeed they don't do enough stage improvisation when they're totally good enough to. ?

Edited by MosesTheMarshmallow

I finally realized it!!!

Angel Moon is the female voice from Cry Cry Cry!!!

The one Chris talked about in an interview. This from Coldpedia:

"The song features a female high pitched voice, which Chris said it's called Angelina, an alien singing made up character that is a "new voice in the band". In an interview to Jo Whiley on BBC Radio 2, Chris said "That's more to come from that story in a bit of time", and on 97.9X WBSX's Uninterrupted Disruption track by track, he said that she is also present in another song that it has not yet been released.[2]"

Wonder if she is also the female voice from Human Heart...

• Like 3
  • Wow 4

46 minutes ago, Pokegleek said:

I finally realized it!!!

Angel Moon is the female voice from Cry Cry Cry!!!

The one Chris talked about in an interview. This from Coldpedia:

"The song features a female high pitched voice, which Chris said it's called Angelina, an alien singing made up character that is a "new voice in the band". In an interview to Jo Whiley on BBC Radio 2, Chris said "That's more to come from that story in a bit of time", and on 97.9X WBSX's Uninterrupted Disruption track by track, he said that she is also present in another song that it has not yet been released.[2]"

Wonder if she is also the female voice from Human Heart...

Ahhhh I forgot about that tidbit of information! How interesting... Angel Moon's voice could be one of the female Love Choir singers, since they are credited in Higher Power and you can clearly hear them. And, get this... in the music video, you first hear the female voices sing right around the moment the big Angel Moon hologram appears.

Β 

7 minutes ago, stepstr said:

His outfit looks almost identical to the one from MX, especially ETIAW video

I still can't help but think that something in this era is going to connect directly to MX. Maybe the planet Silencia is one of the 12 "Spheres." The MX comics do confirm that it's a planet of its own. I just don't know. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe MOTS is just a spiritual successor to MX and there's no connection to the MX backstory. Just similar outfits for the band, similar visuals onstage, and new lyrics in the supposed new versions of UATW and UFO that don't connect to MX at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion