🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

🌍 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

5 hours ago, CP-EST said:

This acoustic performance on Jimmy Fallon had definitely nice vibes, but probably at this point fans are getting already a bit tired of the promotion of Higher Power. Waiting for something new!😄

About this performance. Really nice to see so many people on stage with them playing and singing. I didn't have time to look too much into it for now, I hope these guys were actually playing for real and it was performed mostly live. These Chris' nice little harmonies on the last chorus are unfortunately coming from tape and some parts of choir too probably, but overall at first watch this performance felt definitely very human and real compared to the ones with tons of fireworks.

Agreed...not sure why they didn't have one of the Love Choir members sing those ooh's???

Nice energy indeed, Chris's acoustic sounds on point. Sad about the lack of bass, and Jonny's guitar is woefully quiet. But Will does some cool stuff on the piano like on the album-acoustic version!! 

^^^Acoustic stuff during the MX era was the best. 😞

Edited by MosesTheMarshmallow
  • Like 2
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys!!! Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In

LEAK  

My special edition CD came early...so it's just leaked inside my house 😀

Posted Images

That acoustic live version of Higher Power was surprisingly good, better than the acoustic studio version ! I loved Will's piano work and those little high notes at 3:10 ! It gives a more colorful atmosphere, close to MX acoustic songs. 

And man ... This acoustic version of Hurts like Heaven was flawless. One of their absolute best songs without a doubt.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I'm really happy. The 2 performances of Higher Power (Acoustic and Studio versions at Today Show) were really great, refreshing, and more importantly, authentic. I loved the part when Chris said: "Thanks for making us feel live again". 

Related to the acoustic version, that was totally brilliant. It remembers the HLH acoustic version in MX era. Almost everything was live there. The only downside was the always egocentric presence of Jimmy Fallon at the middle, which was fully unnecessary. It was emotive to feel a stripped-vibe from the band, after a while. Wonderful and elegant piano arrangement by Will, and even the percussion was live. 

About the Today Show performance of HP, that was what I really wanted to see from a real performance. Feel the interaction with the audience. Feel the chorus doing that great job, and creating a more authentic atmosphere about a live performance. Is like if the boys were read what we shared here or in Social Network! 🙂  (which of course didn't happened)

Anyhow, that was the Coldplay I was expecting to see. And that feels super good.

A hug to everyone. Stay safe.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, jluismujica said:

I'm really happy. The 2 performances of Higher Power (Acoustic and Studio versions at Today Show) were really great, refreshing, and more importantly, authentic. I loved the part when Chris said: "Thanks for making us feel live again". 

Related to the acoustic version, that was totally brilliant. It remembers the HLH acoustic version in MX era. Almost everything was live there. The only downside was the always egocentric presence of Jimmy Fallon at the middle, which was fully unnecessary. It was emotive to feel a stripped-vibe from the band, after a while. Wonderful and elegant piano arrangement by Will, and even the percussion was live. 

About the Today Show performance of HP, that was what I really wanted to see from a real performance. Feel the interaction with the audience. Feel the chorus doing that great job, and creating a more authentic atmosphere about a live performance. Is like if the boys were read what we shared here or in Social Network! 🙂  (which of course didn't happened)

Anyhow, that was the Coldplay I was expecting to see. And that feels super good.

A hug to everyone. Stay safe.  

Where can we watch the Today Show performance?

The acoustic version is refreshing, especially the live performance of it. Seeing the choir on stage with the band is lovely.

That being said, it's not a game changer for me. Acoustic or not, the song's just a bit flat.

I'm also still getting used to how playback is the new live. I really don't buy that the Today Show performance was live, even if they call it that. Their visuals are always very beautiful and finally seeing a real audience is super nice. With real live music it would be a thousand times better though. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, IslandToDiscover said:

Where can we watch the Today Show performance?

Here are the full performances of Clocks and Higher Power at the TODAY Show Plaza in NYC!

I'm glad there's a lot of Jonny in the Higher Power performance here!

https://www.today.com/video/watch-coldplay-perform-clocks-live-on-the-today-plaza-114987589961

https://www.today.com/video/coldplay-performs-higher-power-live-on-today-114989125797

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 4
22 hours ago, LisaFeehily said:

The acoustic version is refreshing, especially the live performance of it. Seeing the choir on stage with the band is lovely.

That being said, it's not a game changer for me. Acoustic or not, the song's just a bit flat.

I'm also still getting used to how playback is the new live. I really don't buy that the Today Show performance was live, even if they call it that. Their visuals are always very beautiful and finally seeing a real audience is super nice. With real live music it would be a thousand times better though. 

What was in playback? Chris sing live, maybe the piano?

17 minutes ago, GamingForeverAUS said:

so far, all of the HP performances in NYC have used playback for the love choir.

Even in the Tonight Show performance? I certainly hope not. Though all of the electric performances have used playback for the backing vocals, except for maybe Will's. Maybe. I can't tell if Will is actually singing.

57 minutes ago, GamingForeverAUS said:

so far, all of the HP performances in NYC have used playback for the love choir.

There was four singer, for me it was played live. Backing track vocal are used since 2005, even guitar backing track (Square one, yellow, 42 in 2008,...). The most important problem for me is when chris totally lipsync on songs. 

Now as Chris use live playback vocal it's hard to know if he sang live or not. We don't know if ASFOS at NY yesterday was really sang live.

Edited by Pier62b
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, Pier62b said:

There was four singer, for me it was played live. Backing track vocal are used since 2005, even guitar backing track (Square one, yellow, 42 in 2008,...). The most important problem for me is when chris totally lipsync on songs. 

Now as Chris use live playback vocal it's hard to know if he sang live or not. We don't know if ASFOS at NY yesterday was really sang live.

true. we would need a higher quality recording then an audience recording to tell if it's a pre-recorded vocal track.

9 hours ago, GamingForeverAUS said:

To me it sounds like Chris is lip synching the chorus during the Today Show performance of HP. And I also think Clocks was fully mimed. 

1 hour ago, LisaFeehily said:

To me it sounds like Chris is lip synching the chorus during the Today Show performance of HP. And I also think Clocks was fully mimed. 

Why do you think it's playback. For this Time, I think he really sang live, we heard less his voice when he was away of the mic. 

At around 1:50min into the HP performance there's a transition from playback to live vocals in my opinion. Chris suddenly sounds quite out of breath, which he doesn't sound like at all during the chorus itself despite his dancing. I think from 1:19-1:50 is playback and same for the other choruses.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, LisaFeehily said:

At around 1:50min into the HP performance there's a transition from playback to live vocals in my opinion. Chris suddenly sounds quite out of breath, which he doesn't sound like at all during the chorus itself despite his dancing. I think from 1:19-1:50 is playback and same for the other choruses.

For me it was sang 100% live by Chris but on chorus, je has a lot of help from the 4 singer. He was out of breath during all the song, we heard it even during the chorus. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Everyday life said:

What does that mean for that 🤔

I think the album is finished just needed some fine tuning and adjustments and possibly working on collaborations

I forsee a Dua Lipa and BTS collab

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Pier62b said:

For me it was sang 100% live by Chris but on chorus, je has a lot of help from the 4 singer. He was out of breath during all the song, we heard it even during the chorus. 

Another moment where I'd question if it was live is at around 2:25 when Chris made a mistake and you can hear how low the volume of his live vocals actually is.

• Like 1

A lot of the time chris sings over his own vocals for a few reasons. It helps him stay in tune better and also it helps him project his voice louder. Especially live with all of the drums bleeding into the vocal microphone. All artists do this, a lot even use live vocal tuning live. There’s nothing wrong with that. It just polishes things up. As a playback engineer I understand why he lipsyncs sometimes. There’s just a lot of factors that come we aren’t aware of! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, harrisonrules said:

I think the album is finished just needed some fine tuning and adjustments and possibly working on collaborations

I forsee a Dua Lipa and BTS collab

Wow awesome 🤩 I like the Dua Lipa and BTS collab even though the album is between synth pop and heavy death metal but amazing 

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen changed the title to 🌍 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion