✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Posted this snippet of "Electricity" - a song written to sound like aΒ sterotypical Coldplay track. Claimed it was a snippet from My Universe. Suprised so many people have fallen for it haha! Guess it takes attention away from the genuine leaks...Screenshot_20210721-103134_YouTube.thumb.jpg.b94ff14311176ca8a036f7faf341c0b9.jpg

• Like 1

I won't share anything here obviously but yeahΒ My Universe leaked on Twitter yesterday. I felt a bit bad listening to it but I mean, we're not responsible for the leak and there is no way the band wasn't aware of snippetsΒ going around. They could have anticipated the full leak and released the song on Friday. This is sad but I don't think it will prevent the song from charting on its official releaseΒ anyway.

As for the album I don't think it has leaked, it's probably just the BTS army relaying false information and/or misinterpreting the Overtura trailer.

By the way I likeΒ the Overtura trailer and the Alien Radio cluesΒ but this mess makes me regret the short but wonderful Everyday Life era. What a time it was !

Edited by VCF
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, johnnymax8652 said:

just listened somewhere ?

Β 

so the snippet from the trailer is actually the outro

yes that's true.

the snippet in MOTS trailer is very cool but actually is onlyΒ the end of the song.

the song itself is a bit disappointingΒ and repetitive...that's too bad after being hyped up with the snippet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

My Universe is OK imo. Perhaps my favorite post Ghost Stories single from them* and def my favorite Collab. With that said I'm an oldplayer so for it to get very high points from me it would have to sound completely different But still it will be a big hit (hopefully).

*Edit: ONE of my favorite post Ghost Story singles. It's my favorite "pop single".

Edited by Famous_Old_Painter

9 minutes ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

My Universe is OK imo. Perhaps my favorite post Ghost Stories single from them and def my favorite Collab. With that said I'm an oldplayer so for it to get very high points from me it would have to sound completely different But still it will be a big hit (hopefully).

Yeah I agree...it definitely sounds more catchy. I too like their older works better, but this one does sound good...definitely better than Higher Power imo

Just now, jainharshul96 said:

Yeah I agree...it definitely sounds more catchy. I too like their older works better, but this one does sound good...definitely better than Higher Power imo

I gotta agree that when it comes to POP Coldplay, they seem to have hit the mark with Higher Power and My Universe, I do prefer their more rock oriented stuff but with these two I feel like they finally got the hang of making pop, a bit as if they're finally being able to do what they wanted to initially do with MX and AHFOD

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, prco1994 said:

I gotta agree that when it comes to POP Coldplay, they seem to have hit the mark with Higher Power and My Universe, I do prefer their more rock oriented stuff but with these two I feel like they finally got the hang of making pop, a bit as if they're finally being able to do what they wanted to initially do with MX and AHFOD

Agree with that. They are much better than the pop on AHFOD. Think it's my favorite collab. And ONE of my favorite post Ghost Story singles. Like Up & Up, Daddy and Champion of the world are still way better songs imo.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, pansonic said:

I enjoyed it. It'sΒ a light summer song. Not my favorite song, but it's nice.Β 

summer song.... in SeptemberΒ ?Β ??

btw, I know that I have an high standard with them and I am such critic...but come on, that outro could have been used through the song and rocked a lot....

Β this way it's pretty useless (on the radio stations it will be surely cut off)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

I think Coloratura will please us oldies a lot ☺️

That was my impression!

Do we know if it will be a midnight premiere? Honestly I think it will be presented during the day, but who knowsΒ ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MarckozZ said:

The collab is OK but what pisses me off is there's almost NO JONNY in there. Same with HP. This Max Martin guy seems to hate guitars or something, he is hidding Jonny under a ton of keyboards...

He produced Ariana Grande's Bad Idea, which is guitar driven, so I'm starting to think it was something the band decidedΒ ?

• Sad 4

Speaking of Coloratura, what are everyone's expectations for that song?

I looked up the word and found out that Coloratura isΒ a style of singing most commonly used in Operas.Β Based on what I've read I suppose in the trailer it's the snippet starting atΒ 1:36.Β 

SinceΒ they describe it as a piano-led anthem, will it be instrumental only? Or maybe involve chorals? Chris as an opera singer is too much for my imagination. ?Β Or maybe it's just a word that they liked the sound of and it'll mostly be a regular pop/rock song?

• Like 2

I just think is so… generic. It’s not as offensive as SJLT is to me, but I think it could be so much better… I’m a bit disappointed.Β and BTS, honestly, doesn’t really add much to the song. I don’t want to think like that, but it seems that they just wanted the audience they have ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, United said:

Now the only question is why is not in Overtura?

Also I see it will follows the 2 disc formar just as in Everyday Life. I thought for a moment that Disc 1 would be Vol. 1 but it doesn't make sense since they revealed the whole track list as part of the same album, so I'm still expecting Vol. 2 with more new musicΒ ?

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion