🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

🌍 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

23 minutes ago, pansonic said:

I enjoyed it. It's a light summer song. Not my favorite song, but it's nice. 

summer song.... in September 😬 😅😁

btw, I know that I have an high standard with them and I am such critic...but come on, that outro could have been used through the song and rocked a lot....

this way it's pretty useless (on the radio stations it will be surely cut off)

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys!!! Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In

LEAK  

My special edition CD came early...so it's just leaked inside my house 😀

Posted Images

The collab is OK but what pisses me off is there's almost NO JONNY in there. Same with HP. This Max Martin guy seems to hate guitars or something, he is hidding Jonny under a ton of keyboards...

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
7 minutes ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

I think Coloratura will please us oldies a lot ☺️

That was my impression!

Do we know if it will be a midnight premiere? Honestly I think it will be presented during the day, but who knows 🤔

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, United said:

It seems that the real name of the song is "Alien Choir" and not "Alien Radio".

Where did you get that? 😯

13 minutes ago, MarckozZ said:

The collab is OK but what pisses me off is there's almost NO JONNY in there. Same with HP. This Max Martin guy seems to hate guitars or something, he is hidding Jonny under a ton of keyboards...

He produced Ariana Grande's Bad Idea, which is guitar driven, so I'm starting to think it was something the band decided 😬

• Sad 4

Speaking of Coloratura, what are everyone's expectations for that song?

I looked up the word and found out that Coloratura is a style of singing most commonly used in Operas. Based on what I've read I suppose in the trailer it's the snippet starting at 1:36. 

Since they describe it as a piano-led anthem, will it be instrumental only? Or maybe involve chorals? Chris as an opera singer is too much for my imagination. 🙂 Or maybe it's just a word that they liked the sound of and it'll mostly be a regular pop/rock song?

• Like 2

I just think is so… generic. It’s not as offensive as SJLT is to me, but I think it could be so much better… I’m a bit disappointed. and BTS, honestly, doesn’t really add much to the song. I don’t want to think like that, but it seems that they just wanted the audience they have 😞

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, United said:

Now the only question is why is not in Overtura?

Also I see it will follows the 2 disc formar just as in Everyday Life. I thought for a moment that Disc 1 would be Vol. 1 but it doesn't make sense since they revealed the whole track list as part of the same album, so I'm still expecting Vol. 2 with more new music 😁

Just now, _josemarcelo said:

For me, My Universe sounds more like a Chris collaboration with BTS. I can't see the other members.

Totally. It’s like the current Maroon 5, there’s nothing really organic for the band to play. It just doesn’t feel like one…

• Sad 1
23 minutes ago, LisaFeehily said:

Speaking of Coloratura, what are everyone's expectations for that song?

I looked up the word and found out that Coloratura is a style of singing most commonly used in Operas. Based on what I've read I suppose in the trailer it's the snippet starting at 1:36. 

Since they describe it as a piano-led anthem, will it be instrumental only? Or maybe involve chorals? Chris as an opera singer is too much for my imagination. 🙂 Or maybe it's just a word that they liked the sound of and it'll mostly be a regular pop/rock song?

So far Coloratula is the song I'm waiting the most, it has some X&Y vibes to me and I'm expecting more Mr. Buckland here, seeing the song length, I would expect a calm down melancholic guitar solo or something like that. And as for the piano anthem part I think it will be a similar to what we got with O/Fly On, maybe some back vocals with the piano as the main character.

🤭

• Like 1

Yes, ASFOS had something really emotional in it, especially go on and tear me apart, part, at least for me, my universe is except those production tricks not much of a song. All being said, it is always fun for me listening Chris's attempts at pop song, has some naivety to it, but really as much i would like to it is the song with not much ideas, nor original melody

I haven't listened to it myself yet but my fear is that it sounds like Chris featuring on another song. That's what most Coldplay Pop songs sound like. I can't really get angry though because the band sign off on everything, so if it's what they want then so be it. I don't have high expectations for the song but hopefully it charts well for them. If not, then they should see a continuing trend here 😅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My Universe is definitely the most radio-friendly out and out pop song the band has produced up to this point, so whether or not that's something that excites you depends on your perspective. I can imagine Oldplayers violently retching. Fans of SJLT and ASFOS might dig it though. 

I can already tell MOTS will definitely not make my top 5 Coldplay records. But as long as it's better than AHFOD I'll be happy. Already the artwork is much better, so that's something. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

My Universe is definitely the most radio-friendly out and out pop song the band has produced up to this point, so whether or not that's something that excites you depends on your perspective. I can imagine Oldplayers violently retching. Fans of SJLT and ASFOS might dig it though. 

I can already tell MOTS will definitely not make my top 5 Coldplay records. But as long as it's better than AHFOD I'll be happy. Already the artwork is much better, so that's something. 

completely agree with everything you said.

• Haha 1
  • Care 1

Just listened to the leak. Overall I think it's quite catchy, there are some nice guitars (they are actually pretty noticeable in the mix, at least on the first part of the song), and the drums sound much better than most of the pop songs they've released. In my opinion, this is one of their best collaborations, it's not cringeworthy as PoC, HFTW or SJLT (hate that song).

With all of this being said, I still don't think they need to do this kind of stuff. I wouldn't mind if they released this song as a separate single or something like that, it's not a bad song, but Coldplay is a great band capable of doing amazing things on their own. This is just my opinion though.

• Like 3

I'm wondering if it's possible to limit discussions of the My Universe leak to a dedicated thread? These seem like spoilers as compared to a lot of us who would rather wait/anticipate as this thread was mostly intended to do? What do y'all think! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • stephen changed the title to 🌍 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion