✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

8 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

Ok, so we have the full tracklist now...

1. Music of the Spheres I
  2. Higher Power
  3. Humankind
  4. Alien Choir
  5. Let Somebody Go
  6. Human Heart
  7. People of the Pride
  8. Biutyful
  9. Music of the Spheres II
  10. My Universe
  11. Infinity Sign
  12. Coloratura

The placement of MOTS2 feels weird to me,Β I'm starting to think we might get two albums of twelve songs:

• Music of the Spheres Vol.1 - Tracks 1-8 (Orbit 1) / Tracks 9-12 (Orbit 2, Part 1)
  • Music of the Spheres Vol.2 - Tracks 1-4 (Orbit 2, Part 2) / Tracks 5-12 (Orbit 3)

It's better than releasing three albums and more convenient than releasing one album and two EPs, which was my previous idea. It wouldn't make them overexposed in media either.

Guys!!! I was giving a look into my collection and this triangle symbol on Higher Power's CD is the same one from the MOTS poster they are selling. What if the second one represents the second album? I'm starting to believe in my own theory now!

20210721_213828.thumb.jpg.7f5e1534f527e68bdfff4907afc747e9.jpg

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow 4

45 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

Guys!!! I was giving a look into my collection and this triangle symbol on Higher Power's CD is the same one from the MOTS poster they are selling. What if the second one represents the second album? I'm starting to believe in my own theory now!

When I saw the triangle for the first time I thought that it could represent the 3 albums

I'm still hoping that we are gonna get 3 of them, and not a mix of parts or lp+eps someone is theorizing about. We'll just see

• Like 4

If there was no β€˜(vol. i)’ in Chris Martin’s message, I would have felt slightly underwhelmed with the amount of songs on the album (9 actual songs),Β but definitely good to see that there will be more editions coming, and a high chance they’ll have the unreleased tracks UFO, The Race and Rescue Street

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow 1

11 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

I'm wondering if it's possible to limit discussions of the My Universe leak to a dedicated thread? These seem like spoilers as compared to a lot of us who would rather wait/anticipate as this thread was mostly intended to do? What do y'all think!Β 

Seconded.Β 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

What do we recon will be on Volume 2? Will it even be an album, or an EP, or what? So far I've got Original UFO, UATW2, The Race and possibly (unlikely) Car Kids. And I can't figure out if Alien Radio is an actual song or not.Β 

Alien Radio was on a list during MX recordings so there is a song I think.

• Like 4

Since all of it is a speculation, here's a plot twist... We already had volume 2 with all the versions and performances of Higher Power.Β ?

Anyway, it's nice to see that Coldplay is giving us materialΒ for endless speculations and discussions to keep Coldplayers' minds busy. Can't wait to find out about the other volumes of MotS. Also I guess, with Max MartinΒ included in songwriting process, more of the ideas could find their way to fully formed songs, so it's no wonder if they have been very productive and have music forΒ more than one album.

Not long to go until we can listen toΒ Coloratura.Β Final songs of the LPs/EPs tend to be great and epic, so I guess this one is no exception.Β Considering they decided to use it in hand with album announcementΒ as promotionalΒ song for the album, this must be really special. Also the way it's described and introduced so far. Phil describing the planetΒ Coloratura beingΒ like heaven. Also the fact, thatΒ song has the same name as planet, although it's probably more like a nebula. Nebulas areΒ quiteΒ complicated systems, they can even have their own planets. So, this kind of supports the theory that Coloratura is a transition song to the next volume.

From the clips and information we have, soundwise it will probably be a piano drivenΒ prog rock symphony with Coldplay twist, where the whole band can really shine. Writing credits reveal that, they really go all in withΒ stringsΒ (Davide Rossi and John Metcalfe). It's more of a speculation now, but the fact that Paris StrotherΒ from King is also included in credits, makes me hope for some prog rockΒ spacy sounding keyboards. To put it short, I'mΒ just imagining some mix of Everything's Not Lost, Hypnotised and Moving to Mars.

• Like 8

I am convinced that any further volumes will be EPs. They're gonna do a big tour for this album, and I just can't see them releasing another LP so soon after this one - nevermind two!

Perhaps volumes 2 & 3 will make up the EP package to be released 6-12 monthsΒ after the LP? Personally I'd be happy with that. New Coldplay music is new Coldplay music, and I'm not even convinced I'd want 3 LPs in as many years. I mean, I wouldn't complain, but if you ask me now...

Edited by Yes?
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

Ok, so we have the full tracklist now...

1. Music of the Spheres I
  2. Higher Power
  3. Humankind
  4. Alien Choir
  5. Let Somebody Go
  6. Human Heart
  7. People of the Pride
  8. Biutyful
  9. Music of the Spheres II
  10. My Universe
  11. Infinity Sign
  12. Coloratura

The placement of MOTS2 feels weird to me,Β I'm starting to think we might get two albums of twelve songs:

• Music of the Spheres Vol.1 - Tracks 1-8 (Orbit 1) / Tracks 9-12 (Orbit 2, Part 1)
  • Music of the Spheres Vol.2 - Tracks 1-4 (Orbit 2, Part 2) / Tracks 5-12 (Orbit 3)

It's better than releasing three albums and more convenient than releasing one album and two EPs, which was my previous idea. It wouldn't make them overexposed in media either.

this makes sense and it agrees with the 2 symbols on HP single package (triangle for album one and other one for album two)

it would mean that My Universe video will introduce part 2, maybe next album will arrive Jan-Feb 2022 ?

waiting for next interviews to answer all these burning questions...

Β 

• Like 3

Jesus, that BTS collab sounds terrible in trailer. On the other hand, Humankind, POTP and Coloratura really catch my ear. Not so sure about Let Somebody Go and Biutyful. Overall, i would say that album could be better than AHFOD, but i donΒ΄t really expect something like their older stuff in terms of quality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

Great find!!Β 

3 hours ago, Yes? said:

I am convinced that any further volumes will be EPs. They're gonna do a big tour for this album, and I just can't see them releasing another LP so soon after this one - nevermind two!

Perhaps volumes 2 & 3 will make up the EP package to be released 6-12 monthsΒ after the LP? Personally I'd be happy with that. New Coldplay music is new Coldplay music, and I'm not even convinced I'd want 3 LPs in as many years. I mean, I wouldn't complain, but if you ask me now...

Side note - A question for anyone who can help. When does the Coldplay store take payment for pre-orders? Is it as soon as I put the order through, or when the item is shipped/released?Β 

I can see another part 2 to the album. They kind of did that with Everyday Life. Plus they usually cut down songs when making the final tracklisting, so I could see them saving another 10 or so tracks for a volume 2.Β 

After seeing that 2nd symbol though, I am thinking it is only two volumes and maybe this is what they were referring to at the end of the AHFOD doc...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, prco1994 said:

Damn, it keeps redirecting me to the US Store page, where the bundle doesn't exist.

If I use a UK VPN, it gets stuck in an endless refresh loop of trying to take me to the US Store.

What a mess!

Have you tried and connect with your phone? I have a computer set up in Europe, and despite being located in Australia, I keep being redirected to the EU store (where the infinity version of MotS was sold out last night). So I connected with my smartphone and ordered a copy from the US site without any issues.

54 minutes ago, zzapq said:

Have you tried and connect with your phone? I have a computer set up in Europe, and despite being located in Australia, I keep being redirected to the EU store (where the infinity version of MotS was sold out last night). So I connected with my smartphone and ordered a copy from the US site without any issues.

UNfortunately I have tried on all my devices, I will wait for their support team to get back to my email!

Really happy that John Metcalfe co-wrote Coloratura.
Loved the strings on Everyday Life and always thought that the song was too short...
So, for a 10 minute finale, I'm in...

Is it pure speculation that it's Music of the spheres-Β volume 1 ? I didn't find the infos about that.
I bought the infinite cd and vinyl on their website, but I find the normal version much better looking...

17 minutes ago, jcfromparis said:

Really happy that John Metcalfe co-wrote Coloratura.
Loved the strings on Everyday Life and always thought that the song was too short...
So, for a 10 minute finale, I'm in...

Is it pure speculation that it's Music of the spheres-Β volume 1 ? I didn't find the infos about that.
I bought the infinite cd and vinyl on their website, but I find the normal version much better looking...

Chris' letter have a "(Vol.1)" after revealing MOTS' title.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, alexix7 said:

Jesus, that BTS collab sounds terrible in trailer. On the other hand, Humankind, POTP and Coloratura really catch my ear. Not so sure about Let Somebody Go and Biutyful. Overall, i would say that album could be better than AHFOD, but i donΒ΄t really expect something like their older stuff in terms of quality.

Did you listened to My Universe in full? It's actually quite nice.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

It looks likeΒ Coloratura will probably be released at the same time everywhere. It's past midnight in Australia and NZ and there's no sign of it.Β 

Sounds about right. If they decide to release it at midnight probably would be BST. I hope it is, because that is Thursday 5 PM in my city, right after workΒ ?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Β A question for anyone who can help. When does the Coldplay store take payment for pre-orders? Is it as soon as I put the order through, or when the item is shipped/released?Β 

1 hour ago, Yes? said:

Β A question for anyone who can help. When does the Coldplay store take payment for pre-orders? Is it as soon as I put the order through, or when the item is shipped/released?Β 

Pretty sure they take it right away.

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion