✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

1 hour ago, harrisonrules said:

Coming To America Bar GIF

Interesting, because if it's a hidden track as some are speculating, none of the remaining tracks have the length needed for a hidden track, and the one that does we've already heard.Β 

But I do think it might beΒ a hidden track, so how could they pull that off? If they manage to hide it completely from the tracklist and only include it when you play the album in full on release day, I'll be very impressed.

Also, please let it be THE RACE!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, johnnymax8652 said:

there is indeed one small planet on the album cover that does not correspond to any track... the small one just below Supersolis, maybe a 13th hidden track ?

I wonder if vol.2 will have new planets or if it will be a new round in the same system

Like "Til Kingdom Come"...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Interesting, because if it's a hidden track as some are speculating, none of the remaining tracks have the length needed for a hidden track, and the one that does we've already heard.Β 

But I do think it might beΒ a hidden track, so how could they pull that off? If they manage to hide it completely from the tracklist and only include it when you play the album in full on release day, I'll be very impressed.

Also, please let it be THE RACE!

It could be on physical releases only.Β 

Just rewatched the Overtura trailer and something just doesn't add up with the planets and the music. Right after Humankind it's out of sync until People of the Pride. The Qubik planet seems to be in the wrong position as well. My guess is that the hidden track is in Humankind or a transition to Alien Choir.

Btw you can listen toΒ the snippet of Alien Choir now on alienradioΒ without all the distortions. Just heard it for the first time.Β 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheLostColdplayer said:

Hi! I saw you have been rating openers and closers from the albums. What about the artworks?

They're all very beautiful (I love the fact that Coldplay pay so much attention to the design of their albums to make them a complete work of art), but I'll try to rank them, according to my personal tastes:

1) Ghost Stories

2) Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends

3) A Rush of Blood to the Head / Parachutes (I can't decide they seem to complement each other so well)

4) Mylo Xyloto / Everyday Life (I love the photo, It really seems to come from a century ago!)

5) Music of the Spheres (it may grow on me with time...)

6) X&Y

7) A Head Full of Dreams

Β 

1) Ghost Stories

2) Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends

3) A Rush of Blood to the Head

4)Β ParachutesΒ 

5) Everyday Life

6) Mylo XylotoΒ 

7) A Head Full of Dreams

8 )Β X&Y

9) Music of the SpheresΒ 

Β 

Β 

Edited by LisaFeehily
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Xyloband_99 said:

Maybe it's not a hidden track. It's a b-side of single that will be released in September. Also we don't know it will beΒ %100 My Universe

There's a very high chance it will be My Universe and releasing it in September before IHeart would be wise move.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

Random question….anyhow I can convince CP to make Everglow (Live At Belasco Theater) unlisted on the YT Channel so it can get less views? ?

You mean the version that should actually be on the album because it has guitar in it? Strange.Β 

9 hours ago, X AND Y said:

Just rewatched the Overtura trailer and something just doesn't add up with the planets and the music. Right after Humankind it's out of sync until People of the Pride. The Qubik planet seems to be in the wrong position as well. My guess is that the hidden track is in Humankind or a transition to Alien Choir.

Btw you can listen toΒ the snippet of Alien Choir now on alienradioΒ without all the distortions. Just heard it for the first time.Β 

And we can also listen to the snippet of MOTS 2 more clearly. I think it’s really the same intro that leaked with My Universe.

Β 

Btw MOTS 2 looksΒ more likeΒ an β€œalien choir” than the snippet of the actual Alien Choir ?

• Like 4

Well…I see 5 ways Ink can pass Everglow Live again…

1: Ink recovers and gets 9,000-12,000Β while Everglow Live stays 7,000 forever daily.

2: Everglow Live sinks lower, to 5,000-6,000, while Ink gets back to an 8,000-9,000 daily.

3: Ink recovers more, getting 13,000-16,000 while Everglow Live gets 8,000-10,000Β daily.

4: Ink spikes up and gets over 20,000-60,000 (Maybe from BTS ARMY or CP fandom helping?) daily views.

5: Ink stays 7,000-8,000 while Everglow Live gets unlisted, probably lowering its current daily views by half. Maybe a 2,000-4,000?Β 
Β 

I honestly don’t care which one happens. I just want it to happen. It’s not looking good again as of July 22nd. Is there nothing I can do! It’s been over 4 years and the current gap is 2,607,000+ Million…. I’m going to have another meltdown if Aug goes bad…. ?
Β 

honestly? I think having EVERGLOW LIVE being Unlisted would the best option.

Edited by IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8

3 hours ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

Well…I see 5 ways Ink can pass Everglow Live again…

1: Ink recovers and gets 9,000-12,000Β while Everglow Live stays 7,000 forever daily.

2: Everglow Live sinks lower, to 5,000-6,000, while Ink gets back to an 8,000-9,000 daily.

3: Ink recovers more, getting 13,000-16,000 while Everglow Live gets 8,000-10,000Β daily.

4: Ink spikes up and gets over 20,000-60,000 (Maybe from BTS ARMY or CP fandom helping?) daily views.

5: Ink stays 7,000-8,000 while Everglow Live gets unlisted, probably lowering its current daily views by half. Maybe a 2,000-4,000?Β 
Β 

I honestly don’t care which one happens. I just want it to happen. It’s not looking good again as of July 22nd. Is there nothing I can do! It’s been over 4 years and the current gap is 2,607,000+ Million…. I’m going to have another meltdown if Aug goes bad…. ?
Β 

honestly? I think having EVERGLOW LIVE being Unlisted would the best option.

I don't think views are everything in determining the quality of a song. Some of the band's best songs/music videos are their least viewed and least listened to, and that doesn't take away from it's quality - maybe it's just what people prefer (I also prefer Ink over Everglow Live, but I don't mind about it having more views). If the BTS collaboration gets more views that Violet Hill/Trouble in Town/Shiver, I don't think its much of a bad thing.

Plus, unlisting it would mean that it will probably vanish from YouTube due to their new rules being implemented.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

I don't understand what any of this has to do with LP9. And first of all the most important thing is that all their videos get views = more money to the band? Second why is it a bad thing if Everglow get views? I don't get it...

I want Ink to pass Everglow Live in views. It’s been 4 years since Ink has done it before….Β 

4 hours ago, LisaFeehily said:

What about the views HP and Coloratura have been getting in comparison to previous (promotional) singles? Do streams usually pick up a lot after an album has dropped?

HP is at 17M and getting 140,000 daily. Can’t believe it did worst than Orphans on release in June. I’m confused by this…. Orphans getting a 2,000K daily, very bad compared to the other first singles. Then again EL wasn’t promoted very well.Β 
Β 

coloratura is at 100,000K daily, but it seems to be dying out slowly as of now.Β 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

I don't think views are everything in determining the quality of a song. Some of the band's best songs/music videos are their least viewed and least listened to, and that doesn't take away from it's quality - maybe it's just what people prefer (I also prefer Ink over Everglow Live, but I don't mind about it having more views). If the BTS collaboration gets more views that Violet Hill/Trouble in Town/Shiver, I don't think its much of a bad thing.

Plus, unlisting it would mean that it will probably vanish from YouTube due to their new rules being implemented.

I got a playlist of their vids, so Everglow Live wouldn’t vanishΒ 

YouTube was on their last breath during Everyday Life era, now it's completely dead unless you're Latin American or Korean. Ads ruined the user experience and they lowered the reach of all artists. But anyway, Higher Power sits at 50M with all versions, Orphans have around 60M by doing the same, it will be surpassed in some months.

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 1

Yeah, Spotify is definitely the biggest player when it comes to music streams. However,Β Youtube as a platform is still growing year on year both in terms of users and revenue, and for the majority of songs onΒ EL Coldplay actually got higher streaming numbers from Youtube than Spotify (based onΒ https://chartmasters.org/2021/06/streaming-masters-coldplay/). I was mainly looking at Youtube stats because those numbers are easier to find than those for Spotify.

It's true that HP might catch up with OrphansΒ sooner or later, or maybe not. It depends on how its streaming numbers hold up, e.g how big of a boost the album release will be. TheyΒ only stopped promoting HP very recently and I think usually once a campaign is over daily streams start to decline a bit more. I don't know how the trend looked like for Orphans from its release onwards but its streams haveΒ declined to a lower level than their other lead singles now.Β 

Anyway, I was basically trying to gauge how well MOTS will do commercially. ?Β 

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion