✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

19 minutes ago, 42JTR said:

The differences throughout the song for the first 3 minutes are quite minimal. And you can tell it just doesn't feel done yet. But damn, I absolutely LOVE the last bit with the drum fills and eclectic/distorted guitar (somewhat reminds me of the Speed of Sound guitar). Hope this will remain in the final version ?Β 

It's amazing! To me is sounds like V1 is from sometime during the GS era and V2 is from early on in the AHFOD era. The female voice is Merry Clayton, who provided backing vocals for some songs on AHFOD (AOAL + Up&Up). So this version is probably a version before the one we hear in the doc.Β 

I really hope they end up releasing it this era.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, coldplaykb said:

It's amazing! To me is sounds like V1 is from sometime during the GS era and V2 is from early on in the AHFOD era. The female voice is Merry Clayton, who provided backing vocals for some songs on AHFOD (AOAL + Up&Up). So this version is probably a version before the one we hear in the doc.Β 

I really hope they end up releasing it this era.

For some reasons V2 sounded just like a draft where they shared the ideas of what and where can possibly be in the song: like, the drumming might be in that place and maybe more extended, the guitar solo can be like this and maybe at that part where it actually was or maybe for the part altogether withΒ Merry Clayton's vocals (some notes of that solo are already there) because her part sounded even more not integrated, and on V1 it somehow soundedΒ like already being more certain what to layer where but it seems to beΒ the very first stage that's why it's without the solo and Merry Clayton, can it be like that?

The AHFOD doc version has such a drastically different mood comparing to these two versions, so that I'm not sure anymore if it was even some kind of a final version of these two and it sounds more MX-era for sure. And I love that Merry Clayton's part there is in intro, feels powerful.

• Like 2

I'm not too happy about this news of 2Β songs for the Japanese audience

...however...

If theyΒ have it available through a digital music platformΒ to buy the same date (or same week) as when the Japanan's CDs are released,Β I'll survive.

Β 

Let it be known that I'm very much not in favor of this practice.

I was just listening to different leaks of The Race, and one thing that interests me is how different they sound. The version in the AHFOD documentary sounds like a completely different song to the one that has leaked, yet they share a lot. The leaked 'full' version does not have the bit from AHFOD in it. Perhaps they're different songs?

Hopefully the AHFOD version is the one that will come out; I prefer it to the full song by a lot.

• Like 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion