✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Why July 20, where does that dateΒ come fromΒ ? Did I miss something ?

Also I don't get why so much attention is on the moon phases. The moon phases on the website were there for the entirety of the AHFOD Era and their meaning was, guess what, just that. Moon phases. ? Sorry if I come across as skeptical...

Edited by I ran away
  • Like 2

I also think MOTS has got something to do with taking songs from each β€œplanet” or era as Chris has called each album a planet before . Maybe unreleased redone songs plus new songs from this new era coming upon us .. I am honestly stumped on the 2024 reference , I feel we often over think lol whatever is going to happen I’m sure it will be amazing and special :) they array such a beautiful place in their career of wanting to be β€œ at service” I’m just truely looking forward to it :)Β 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WskCarlosG said:

Β 

Something is coming on July 20, probably a new single.

I can't confirm anything but it fits somewhere with the full moon on the official website and the FFTF 2024.Β ??

Why this exact date? We had July 7, July 10, August 3... Haven't heard anything about July 20.Β 

I think they said july 20th beacasue that's when there's the next new moon, while on august 3rd there's the next full moon.

Anyway I personally don't think they have some greater meaning than moon phases, sadly..

Β 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AnaMarie said:

Guys...I really think it’s just the moon phases, they have been there since AHFOD!Β 

The moon phases changing have been there since AHFOD? I guess I haven't been paying attention.. haha.Β  I am curious about Friday, July 17th though.Β  IΒ think we will a significant announcement.... hopefully.

Edited by sa_spurs_tx
  • Like 1

If they ended Everyday Life era in 2020, We will get the album at latest on December 31 ?.Β  But iΒ think they won't pass this summer without a release. Because only summer they passed without a release was 2015 and 2019 summers. Other than these all of the summers has at least a single release or music video(The years they released albums).Β 

• Like 2

Or they can easily leave 2020 as the ending of EL era and bring a new one at 2021. I know the previous years were arranged like that (an era finishing and instantly starting a new one in the timeline), but maybe this time they'll bring a new one in 2021, who knows. I'd keep my expectations low so, as Chris said on the interviewΒ at the BBC when they played VLV songs, "everything else that comes, is a bonus".

Does anyone remember if Everyday Life was released or teased according to the moons? I remember last year at this time we were speculating heavily about the moons but I don't remember them ever paying off.Β  For me it's just a cool part of their website that's built in. Some sort of moon-phase widget that doesn't mean anything other than showing the moon phase.

Hope I'm wrong, but I've seen a lot of speculation on reddit and discord about this too.Β 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

Again, moon phases are insignificant. They don’t point to anything new coming soon.

As nice as it would be to get new music soon, I’m placing my bets on November for a major release.

That's what I've been saying... It's just a widget, a nice addition to the website. They should remove it to avoid confussion :P Anyway, why would they add the widget of the moon to the image they used as a banner on social media?

• Like 2

I think hoping for July 20 is just setting yourself up for disappointment. The moon phases always just were moon phases with no meaning. But at the very least the nextΒ full moon is theΒ most viable option if it were to mean anything because on their social media header they drew in the full moon. Again, I don't believe that either but it makes the most sense concerning the whole moon speculation. I personally don't think we'll get anything soon. At the earliest late in the year.

• Like 6

What isΒ selling me the idea of them releasingΒ something later this year (whichΒ I strongly believe) is their timeline showing the β€œEveryday Life” era ending in 2020... otherwise, they would have simply left it open; even if it’s just them changing things up, for whatever reason, they decided to end that era, making way for the release of new material (if it’s releasedΒ this year, next or in 4Β years -2024Β ?- we don’t know).... yet!Β 

Edited by AnaMarie

Anyone still wondering why Coldplay chose the videos they did on YouTube to replace with the black and white thumbnail filter?? They don’t seem to have any knownΒ pattern. If it was simply just to promote/tease Everyday LifeΒ wouldn’t it make sense to to do that to Coldplay’s most popular/classic songs like fix you, clocks, yellow, etc. instead it’s sorta odd ball songs like the hardest part, life in technicolor ii, A L I E N S Β which I always thought was peculiar. Part of me thinks there may be a connection to these songsΒ and LP9 somehow just dunno what yet...

• Like 2

Can we talk aboutΒ 

I get easily clowned- but I seriously believe this is part of the meaning behind FFTF 2024.Β 
Music of the Spheres (the project name) . Finished for the Fans (Fight for the future)Β with 2024 (basically referring to finishing 'The Race' itself. I don't think 2024 refers to a year or date at all.Β 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vinny9 said:

Can we talk aboutΒ 

I get easily clowned- but I seriously believe this is part of the meaning behind FFTF 2024.Β 
Music of the Spheres (the project name) . Finished for the Fans (Fight for the future)Β with 2024 (basically referring to finishing 'The Race' itself. I don't think 2024 refers to a year or date at all.Β 

Great find! I thought it was a date/year first but then I began to think the numbers '20' and '24' meant something (since CM has been seen wearing 24 on his shirt) but you may be onto something here!Β Β 

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic