🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

🌍 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

27 minutes ago, Westminster said:

Which will never happen again. 

Agreed - Chris always said they'd like to keep their sound fresh and never retread - although they may go back and rerecord X&Y sometime in the future.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys!!! Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In

LEAK  

My special edition CD came early...so it's just leaked inside my house 😀

Posted Images

My guess is that the CDs will start arriving to stores early next week and then the probability of a leak will be greater.

But it might be the case that for certain markets the CDs have already been shipped and we get a surprise later this week.

22 minutes ago, the_escapist said:

My guess is that the CDs will start arriving to stores early next week and then the probability of a leak will be greater.

But it might be the case that for certain markets the CDs have already been shipped and we get a surprise later this week.

Question for the entire forum: if it leaks, would you listen?

Personally I'll hold out until the urge becomes unbearable.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, TheBigBadBono said:

of course I will !

Then on Oct 15th, I will buy the physical album and keep listen to it on the official streaming platforms. Cause I'm a good boy 🙂

53 minutes ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Agreed - Chris always said they'd like to keep their sound fresh and never retread - although they may go back and rerecord X&Y sometime in the future.

This is funny because the sound of the last 10 years are very similar. The sound and the structure itself, with chorus in all songs...

Chris also said after AHFOD that they wouldnt do more conventional albums and now we get this LP full of collaborations and radio-pop singles, so... xD

I wrote yesterday a post but is again "hidden". I dont know why xD

I´m not going to write twice the same, is true that Coldplay now likes (specially Chris) to make pop music. Ok, they can do whatever they want or like, is fantastic. But we have also the freedom to say if what they do is "good" or not, or if we like it. Personally I think that Coldplay has choosen the wrong direction, and as who someone who likes them and their music I want to say that.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TheBigBadBono said:

I mentioned only listening to Human Heart and People of the Pride since those are already "out" but who am I kidding, I'll definitely listen to it. I already bought a physical copy and 1 pure copy = 1500 streams by US chart rules, I can stream a leak 1500 times! 🤪

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 5
39 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

I mentioned only listening to Human Heart and People of the Pride since those are already "out" but who am I kidding, I'll definitely listen to it. I already bought a physical copy and 1 pure copy = 1500 streams by US chart rules, I can stream a leak 1500 times! 🤪

I'm crazy, I ordered 5 different copies of this album. Never did that before...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, ToniMoreno said:

This is funny because the sound of the last 10 years are very similar. The sound and the structure itself, with chorus in all songs...

Sound - really, very similar? You have the guitar-driven fuzzy electropop/rock of Mylo Xyloto characterized by witty lyrics, ambient soundscapes, and huge anthemic choruses and orchestration. Contrast that to the much more downbeat Ghost Stories, with stripped-back instrumentation (for the most part), acoustic numbers, and delicate piano. Granted, AHFOD is a sort-of retread of Mylo but with worse lyrics, worse production and less ambition, but then Everyday Life which doesn't even have a signature sound. Jazz rock? Folk? Gospel? Post Britpop? Classic Coldplay? Christian Hymns? Even MOTS has a prog rock song in Coloratura, an upbeat pop number in MU, an almost completely acapella song in Human Heart, angry "metal" in POTP and the 80's inspired dance-pop Higher Power? 

Structure - Granted, they've never experimented with their structures in ANY album except for Viva - but cmon, Coloratura? You don't call that experimental in structure? Here's a few of their songs which have no choruses, weird choruses where the length and structure vary, or instrumental choruses, since you said "all" songs: Church, Champion of the World, Midnight, Up With the Birds, Kaleidoscope, Bani Adam, Arabesque, A Sky Full of Stars, UFO, People of the Pride, BrokEn, When I Need a Friend, Always in My Head, Oceans, Fly On, All Your Friends.

1 hour ago, ToniMoreno said:

Chris also said after AHFOD that they wouldnt do more conventional albums and now we get this LP full of collaborations and radio-pop singles, so... xD

Pretty sure Chris is kidding, because EL is also a conventional album? Also EL had collaborations, albeit the more organic kind, but are Jacob Collier and We Are KING collaborating for pop streaming numbers? We haven't even heard the entire LSG song so calm down there. We don't know if it's full of radio-pop singles, because why? Oh, that's right, the album isn't out yet. 

I agree with the other stuff as it's your opinion, though. Can't argue with how you feel about the band's creative direction, although I might feel different.

6 minutes ago, jcfromparis said:

I'm crazy, I ordered 5 different copies of this album. Never did that before...

I'll probably end the era broke. Bought a hoodie, the infinity station vinyl, a cassette tape, and a recycled vinyl.

It's my first time buying their merch though, so I'm quite happy about it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gustavothehuman said:

this announcement single handedly killed all of our "last album" theories lol

Cool, we will get much more.

• Care 1
1 hour ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

I'm surprised it hasn't leaked yet. 

I check everyday to see if there are leaks hahaha not that I would download it, but I just want to see if they can make it to release day without any leaks. 

4 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

As the previous LP, I will download it to listen as soon as possible (despite the criticism there is always a lot of hype with new albums jejeje) and the 15 October I will buy a CD in a local store. If I like the album I will buy some extra merchandasing, I´m still waiting to the My Universe singles to arrive at home jeje

1 hour ago, gustavothehuman said:

this announcement single handedly killed all of our "last album" theories lol

I think nobody has been surprised by this xD

5 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

No way! I have pre-ordered the special edition CD, but will buy the vinyl in a local store next friday. I have only listened to Higher Power and Human Heart, and I’m so excited to hear the new album for the first time. 

For me, the first listening experience is always special. Looking through the artwork, hearing the new songs in high quality on my soundsystem. Also, I have taken the day off, so I will watch all the tv performances back that I’ve missed because I didn’t want to hear more new songs. So releaseday is a complete Coldplay day for me 😎

No way would I spoil this experience by listening to a leak. But hey, that’s me 🙂

Edited by Bauk
  • Like 5
7 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Oh yeah definitely.

But I still buy the vinyl and the CD as well so to me listening to the leak won't make me feel guilty. 

I only listen to the leaks cause I'm impatient and I can't wait for the actual release. Heh.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, shred said:

Oh yeah definitely.

But I still buy the vinyl and the CD as well so to me listening to the leak won't make me feel guilty. 

I only listen to the leaks cause I'm impatient and I can't wait for the actual release. Heh.

Exactly the same here. I spent so much money with this band that I feel it allows me to listen everything early 😂

• Haha 1

I've always listened to leaks! My philosophy is this: If I get hit by a bus the day before the album drops, I don't want to miss the opportunity. Plus others listen the leaks so it's not like I'm missing out on the shared moment & discussion. I specifically remember listening to GS on a Tuesday before it came out, then AHFOD on the day  after Thanksgiving in 2015 while I was running errands. I listened to EL a think on the Wednesday before it dropped early in the morning as the sun rose, which was magical. I don't recall if MX leaked, but like MOTS we'd heard like half the album by then...

Edit: And yes, I guess it's technically stealing BUT I do end up buying/streaming these songs a thousand times and delete the leak as soon as the album's out. 

Edited by lennyrott1
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

I probably would listen to the leaks - they're super-rich, so I don't care about ethics - but since leaks get shot down here incredibly quickly and I don't know where else to find them, I'll just settle for listening to it at the intended time on my pre-ordered CD.

• Like 2
  • stephen changed the title to 🌍 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion