✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

^Yeah I mean ... I've been leaning into the theory that Music of the Spheres is a mixture of new songs and reworked songs. The Spheres could represent their entire career and form a sort of unique "Greatest Hits" or "Lost Demos" release that includes alternative versions and remasters. It'd be super exciting and a good way to feed fans before LP9 truly hits.Β 

The only thing that sways me from that theory is that Chris has mentioned "new songs" and some of the instagram posts we've seen from Rik Simpson have hinted at new music. Plus the evidence from Parlaphone saying they want to follow up with another album. It's not like they knew COVID was going to stop the whole world when they were teasing Music of the Spheres in the EL Booklet, so it's most likely something brand new.Β 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I really think this is the era where the band willΒ introduce a new era/song live (tomorrows festival). During the At the start of the MX era, we heard a handful of songs live before the studio versions and I think this will happen again (The Race? ) ?

Edited by sa_spurs_tx

Here are my thoughts:

I don't see them releasing a huge project that they can't tour for a few years. At this rateΒ it looks like a vaccine could be available within the next year or so but who honestly knows. That means every tour is getting pushed back til at least 2022, if not later. I don't think Coldplay will tour until after that.

I think we will see them release a project (projects?) that is really for the fans (unreleased music/re-worked material). Chris did say that they view themselves as a service for people who enjoy their music. They want to provide for that. Now is a perfect time to release albums/EPs that won't necessarily be mainstream, although they will undoubtedly have some singles.Β 

Idk that's just where my mind is. I don't think they will perform anything new tonight, but I won't completely rule it out. It's a pre recorded performance so it would give them a great opportunity to show off a new song the way they want to. It gets the attention back on them after being away for a few months.

I think we will see them release something this year, but whether it's a huge mainstream album or just a side project for the fans remains to be seen. I personally want a project for the fans. Imagine them bringing back things like Ladder to the Sun, Moses, etc. I know they don't like to look back but hey, now is a good time to. AlsoΒ they said they would never do a greatest hits album, but they might not feel bad about doing it if they include some unreleased bonus tracks. I would certainly be all for it. The label probably wants something and this would be a good middle ground. Maybe I am just daydreaming though.Β 

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, coldplaykb said:

Here are my thoughts:

I don't see them releasing a huge project that they can't tour for a few years. At this rateΒ it looks like a vaccine could be available within the next year or so but who honestly knows. That means every tour is getting pushed back til at least 2022, if not later. I don't think Coldplay will tour until after that.

I think we will see them release a project (projects?) that is really for the fans (unreleased music/re-worked material). Chris did say that they view themselves as a service for people who enjoy their music. They want to provide for that. Now is a perfect time to release albums/EPs that won't necessarily be mainstream, although they will undoubtedly have some singles.Β 

Idk that's just where my mind is. I don't think they will perform anything new tonight, but I won't completely rule it out. It's a pre recorded performance so it would give them a great opportunity to show off a new song the way they want to. It gets the attention back on them after being away for a few months.

I think we will see them release something this year, but whether it's a huge mainstream album or just a side project for the fans remains to be seen. I personally want a project for the fans. Imagine them bringing back things like Ladder to the Sun, Moses, etc. I know they don't like to look back but hey, now is a good time to. AlsoΒ they said they would never do a greatest hits album, but they might not feel bad about doing it if they include some unreleased bonus tracks. I would certainly be all for it. The label probably wants something and this would be a good middle ground. Maybe I am just daydreaming though.Β 

10 DVD/BLURAY/CD live boxset incoming?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coldplaykb said:

Here are my thoughts:

I so hope you're right. I would love something like that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, I ran away said:

I so hope you're right. I would love something like that.

Me too! I really hope they do something like that one day. They have so much unreleased material that is just begging to be released. The Butterfly Package artwork would work better for something like that imo.

Edited by coldplaykb

I would love a rework album! If theΒ reworked version of Lovers in Japan they played during the Everyday Life era is any indication, we would be in for a killer rework album.Β  Honestly, I found the reworked version of LIJ to be far superior to the version on Viva. Not that the version is bad though, I just liked the other better.Β Β 

• Like 2

I don't think we'll be getting a reworked album or something similar, I dunno...this would qualify as "from now on we'll only be full of surprises" but would kind of negate Chris' philosophy, which is bringing NEW songs into this world. So far they haven't updated Parachutes and that had its 20th birthday (could surely have added a couple of "bonus" songs). I'm thinking this is something brand new, but from design perspective, it is back to graffitti or something?Β 

Not really sure what it's about but we will know more in a couple of hours!

• Like 1

Β 

Β 

?Β Hi guys, I know we expected some update or official announcement about LP9 but unfortunately it was not like that Β  ... Some time ago I made a design based on the Everyday Life booklet, surely you saw it somewhere else ... but I wanted to add a couple of things and I got this, I hope you like it. ?

MusicOfTheSpheresActualizado.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

8 minutes ago, WskCarlosG said:

Β 

Β 

?Β Hi guys, I know we expected some update or official announcement about LP9 but unfortunately it was not like that Β  ... Some time ago I made a design based on the Everyday Life booklet, surely you saw it somewhere else ... but I wanted to add a couple of things and I got this, I hope you like it. ?

MusicOfTheSpheresActualizado.jpg

Wow that album design cover looks similar to Kid A by Radiohead and this could be the same era from X&Y and AROBTTHΒ 

I think it's safe to say teasing, if not a new single/music, will be coming by end of year, based on the Warner CEO's statements, which is very exciting! But given how nothing has been confirmed by the band we truly have not much to go on still other than the Music of the Spheres billboard (assuming that's still LP9).Β 

Also above artist rendition is super Kid A! Assuming music of the spheres is the actual album title, I'll be curious to see if they use the circular black and white graphic... My guess is no just because it's very similar to AHFOD and I expect the album to be a upbeat and colorful.Β 

Β 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 3:24 PM, lennyrott1 said:

I think it's safe to say teasing, if not a new single/music, will be coming by end of year, based on the Warner CEO's statements, which is very exciting! But given how nothing has been confirmed by the band we truly have not much to go on still other than the Music of the Spheres billboard (assuming that's still LP9).Β 

Also above artist rendition is super Kid A! Assuming music of the spheres is the actual album title, I'll be curious to see if they use the circular black and white graphic... My guess is no just because it's very similar to AHFOD and I expect the album to be a upbeat and colorful.Β 

Β 

I still think that whole CEO statement thing is just a bigΒ misinterpretation of the first news post that actually had a hyperlink to an older Coldplay related post from 2019... now everyone thinks the Warner CEO explicitly mentionedΒ the band's name to refer to big acts coming back on Q4 and 2021... But I hope I'm wrongΒ tho...

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic