✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

On 10/11/2020 at 5:50 AM, amazingnico said:

D0B573CB-D00A-4D19-8389-64C50558EE2D.png

This screams Amex Unstaged (madrid 2011) to me.

Β 

Edit on oct 14: I didn't realise they played at ACL festival in 2011, and that this is just a rebroadcast of a couple of songs from that performance. The Amy Winehouse Rehab intro was also used during Amex Unstaged in madrid, which is why I thought it could be part of that concert.

Edited by BerheavedTripod8
Correcting a mistake

8 hours ago, I ran away said:

Coldplay has been recording at the famous Hansa Studios in Berlin for perhaps as long as the last 12 days:

That's very exciting news. The band all together in the same location !

Wow, this is good news! At least we have something to look forward to.... NEW songs/album(s) in the works!

The band is slowly but surely leading us on so something new..

Β 

I was looking at the "new" store and it's interesting that the bottom eight items are lithographs from the first eight albums.Β  The top eight items are designs we all have not seen before.. I was wondering why the band hasn't changed from the colour spectrum design but maybe MOTS will contain a both "colour" and "space" (The black logo with the white outline).Β  I was also thrown off by the first two white shirts since they resemble AFHOD.. until I looked closer at inside neckline - It has the Moon phases withΒ Coldplay" above it and a size under each phase.Β  I think we can assume MOTS will contain bits and pieces (not literally) of the first eight albums .. hence the changing era logos on the front page and the lithographs from each album at the store.Β  We already assumed most of the how the era will look like but I just wanted to get the point across that the band is always giving us hints... we just have to look between the lines.Β  I remember well before MX, there was an icon on the top of the Coldplay front page with a book with "MX" on the front... This was during the GS era.Β  I remember many of us thought it resembled a number... or Mexico...hahaha.Β 

Take care everyone!!! LP9 will hopefullyΒ come soon!

12 hours ago, aaronm360 said:

Although somewhat ironically, I remember Chris giving an interview saying that he seemed to always get ill when he visited Germany..I think it was around the time of the 2015 early AHFOD show, where he looked visibly unwell?

Yes, he said that in 2003 interviews as well bc he used to get sick a lot during those early times in Germany - I think the spell has been broken now though. Many AHFOD Tour shows and Global Citizen Festival and he was well ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

The band is slowly but surely leading us on so something new..

Β 

I was looking at the "new" store and it's interesting that the bottom eight items are lithographs from the first eight albums.Β  The top eight items are designs we all have not seen before.. I was wondering why the band hasn't changed from the colour spectrum design but maybe MOTS will contain a both "colour" and "space" (The black logo with the white outline).Β  I was also thrown off by the first two white shirts since they resemble AFHOD.. until I looked closer at inside neckline - It has the Moon phases withΒ Coldplay" above it and a size under each phase.Β  I think we can assume MOTS will contain bits and pieces (not literally) of the first eight albums .. hence the changing era logos on the front page and the lithographs from each album at the store.Β  We already assumed most of the how the era will look like but I just wanted to get the point across that the band is always giving us hints... we just have to look between the lines.Β  I remember well before MX, there was an icon on the top of the Coldplay front page with a book with "MX" on the front... This was during the GS era.Β  I remember many of us thought it resembled a number... or Mexico...hahaha.Β 

Take care everyone!!! LP9 will hopefullyΒ come soon!

I think we could have some teaser in November and the album in December.

Something's definitely brewing. They're being a little more active nowadays (in terms of making themselves visible on social media) with the iHeart performance and now the Instagram live performance. They wouldn't want to reappear in the public eye like this just to drop by and say hello. Something's definitely coming, and soon!

It will be really interesting to see how they work thingsΒ around the pandemic, but I'm sure they won't keep their plans on pause for much longer (besides touring of course).

• Like 2

David Holmes, their manager said that in an interview in 2017, I believe, so I actually also wonder if the whole 2021 Tour thing would be the plan all along. But for festivals, recording the album and release times, COVID definitely screwed things up I'd bet.Β 

• Like 1

Guys, I've been thinking about the theory that LP9 will be about songs from other eras. And if Coldplay gave us a hint 2 years ago with "Los Unidades"? And if itΒ΄s an anagram for "Unsold ideas"? The anagram was a theory at that time, and if it really was for this LP and is it a project that they have been doing for a long time? Has anyone else thought of this?

• Like 2

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic