✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

New theory. On their official instagram, they have been posting on reels for a while. Remember when we all thought we'd see them spell out MOTS but then they didn't? Well I think MOTS is going to be a "Greatest Hits" Album. Each song posted on reels will be the albums content. They just ended with what some would argue to be their best songs. "Viva La Vida," and "Fix You" Perfect finishers for a Greatest hits album. We may be looking at a December 21st teaser and a January 13th release. The 21st because of the alignment and then the new moon of January on the 13th. 

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

Thoughts?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stanz2500 said:

New theory. On their official instagram, they have been posting on reels for a while. Remember when we all thought we'd see them spell out MOTS but then they didn't? Well I think MOTS is going to be a "Greatest Hits" Album. Each song posted on reels will be the albums content. They just ended with what some would argue to be their best songs. "Viva La Vida," and "Fix You" Perfect finishers for a Greatest hits album. We may be looking at a December 21st teaser and a January 13th release. The 21st because of the alignment and then the new moon of January on the 13th. 

Thoughts?

Yes, how do you know that it would have a teaser in December 21st ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stanz2500 said:

Thoughts?

I think it could be a possibility aside from the January 13th release. That's a Wednesday and music comes out on Fridays. Also, I only think they would do a greatest hits album if they also added bonus unreleased tracks. They said they would never want people to pay for their music twice, but I could see them doing it if they also threw in a couple  of new songs. Maybe some songs that are finished that they like and want to put out, but have no place on any album. Who knows, either way I think we will see them return sometime in the spring/summer!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, coldplaykb said:

I think it could be a possibility aside from the January 13th release. That's a Wednesday and music comes out on Fridays. Also, I only think they would do a greatest hits album if they also added bonus unreleased tracks. They said they would never want people to pay for their music twice, but I could see them doing it if they also threw in a couple  of new songs. Maybe some songs that are finished that they like and want to put out, but have no place on any album. Who knows, either way I think we will see them return sometime in the spring/summer!

They can do it like LeftRightLeftRightLeft. They can share those songs free on their website and for people who wants to collect they can release a physical version.

• Like 3

On 12/17/2020 at 2:30 AM, Stanz2500 said:

Thoughts?

I don’t think quite like that. Maybe they realise an lp with work cut off from all past eras. But whether it’s that or a new era with big mainstream lp I don’t think they’ll realise something that they  have already done. 

Edited by amazingnico
  • Like 2

I think we can all agree that the album is not finished (since Guy posted a guitar from a session a week ago) and that it would be unwise to release it now. There is going to be probably no concerts in 2021 yet so I think they have enough time but if it weren't for the pandemic, there might have been something by now..

• Like 1

I don't like the idea of a Greatest Hits album. They have such a deep discography and nobody knows about their best songs, only the pop ones. Making a Greatest Hits album would just cover up their good songs more. I hope they go with @Shiver98s theory, but it's all up to the band.

But i hope they release new music soon. Everyday Life has been the only album i've lived through (I started listening to them seriously in around 2018) and now i know how hard it is to wait for a new release?

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Divutian said:

I don't like the idea of a Greatest Hits album. They have such a deep discography and nobody knows about their best songs, only the pop ones. Making a Greatest Hits album would just cover up their good songs more. I hope they go with @Shiver98s theory, but it's all up to the band.

But i hope they release new music soon. Everyday Life has been the only album i've lived through (I started listening to them seriously in around 2018) and now i know how hard it is to wait for a new release?

I also started listening to them in 2018 and Everyday Life is the only era that I have lived. I would like the pandemic to end as soon as possible so that I can go to his concert for the first time. As for LP9, every time I see a theory I want it to be true but I think at least until March they will not release it

• Like 1

IThis makes a lot of sense. The spiral galaxy represents Mylo Xyloto, the earth represents parachutes. 

On 12/10/2019 at 3:52 PM, Snooprocky77 said:

Oh!maybe i find something!

There is 9 planets,symboles in the pictures with one little circles above

Each planets,symbols represants an albums and on of them is lp9

For exemple the sun represants lp8 everyday life

Screenshot_20191210-214402_Twitter.thumb.jpg.bc9102dc42ef5598b69e8cd0ddd0cd34.jpg

4 hours ago, tookacardown42 said:

IThis makes a lot of sense. The spiral galaxy represents Mylo Xyloto, the earth represents parachutes. 

the theory that each symbol is a coldplay record I think is one of the most compelling. In fact, the spiral can be seen in the menu of its website

21 hours ago, Xyloband_99 said:

In the same site there is also a registry for Mylo in Jonny's page that has registered on 11 December 2020
https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmowner/page/search?id=1505381&domain=1&app=0&mark=UK00003564257

From what I've seen so far that Mylo trade mark is registered under different classes rather than music stuff, it belongs to jewelry/precious-semi-precious stones and everything related to it (well, one class says bags but they can be encrusted with such stones) this all pretty much makes sense because of his wife's business. The only question is why the rest of the band is indicated there as owners O_o @sa_spurs_tx

Edited by Nikolette

I'm sorry for my english... but i have a theory...

And... I thing that I have evidence that MOTS will be a part 2 of Mylo Xyloto. The neon colors and the space theme fit very well as a sequel to this album. Let me explain:

In the Mylo Xyloto's comic there are some vignettes (passages) as well as characters that refer to the name of the songs, for example: Aiko (unreleased song) Major Minus, Us Against the World, Car Kids (another unreleased song). Now from what I see they just registered the trademark 'Mylo' which is the name of the boy that appears at the end of the video "Hurts Like Heaven" (*Not to mention they are also working "Rescue St.") So, everything it seems to indicate that we will have a sequel. Or is what I think.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WskCarlosG said:

I'm sorry for my english... but i have a theory...

And... I thing that I have evidence that MOTS will be a part 2 of Mylo Xyloto. The neon colors and the space theme fit very well as a sequel to this album. Let me explain:

In the Mylo Xyloto's comic there are some vignettes (passages) as well as characters that refer to the name of the songs, for example: Aiko (unreleased song) Major Minus, Us Against the World, Car Kids (another unreleased song). Now from what I see they just registered the trademark 'Mylo' which is the name of the boy that appears at the end of the video "Hurts Like Heaven" (*Not to mention they are also working "Rescue St.") So, everything it seems to indicate that we will have a sequel. Or is what I think.

I agree. I think MOTS could be like a second part of MX

• Like 1

Perhaps MOTS might be a "spiritual" successor to Mylo Xyloto, but I don't believe it will be promoted as a sequel. The band have always claimed every album as a separate entity...each with their own motifs and genre if you can call it that.
Let's wait and see though. Hopefully we're in for a good surprise. As long as the music is good, everything else comes second!

• Like 2

On 1/2/2021 at 10:35 PM, Miha said:

Perhaps MOTS might be a "spiritual" successor to Mylo Xyloto, but I don't believe it will be promoted as a sequel. The band have always claimed every album as a separate entity...each with their own motifs and genre if you can call it that.
Let's wait and see though. Hopefully we're in for a good surprise. As long as the music is good, everything else comes second!

Yeah, agree. They are definitely working old ideas from the MX Era, so the new album might be a spiritual successor to MX. Just like Everyday Life was a spiritual successor to VLVODAAHF in terms of soundscapes and album composition.

• Like 7

It's funny though just how much music came from the period when they worked with Brian Eno. Even 10-year old demos or ideas have made it onto new records...

I know the band have their own take on this but surely at some point to work again with Brian might work wonders for new sound. 

• Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021