Jump to content
🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

🌍 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Captain Crieff said:

no no they put WAY too much effort in this, I mean they invented a whole alphabet and spent thousands on all those billboards

For everyday life, they at least announced the album together with their single. This is just a single sided single, no b-side, no other information. It could still be announced later, of course, but why not announce you're working on a new album and give it a release frame together with your first single.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys!!! Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In

LEAK  

My special edition CD came early...so it's just leaked inside my house 😀

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Captain Crieff said:

new picture of the band! 

coldplay.jpg

photo by Dave Meyers and art direction Pilar Zeta

I LOVE this.... seeing the new outfits is always a huge part of the excitement of each new era for me!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BerheavedTripod8 said:

For everyday life, they at least announced the album together with their single. This is just a single sided single, no b-side, no other information. It could still be announced later, of course, but why not announce you're working on a new album and give it a release frame together with your first single.

Why announce all at once? It's more exciting to share news piece by piece 😉 

There is definitely going to be an album in few months time at least.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really weird the amount of merch with the single's name on it, this happened before? Unless Higher Power will be the album name?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since there’s no album announcement right now, I wonder if they’ll do something similar to Gorillaz Song Machine last year. They released a single every month and at the end of the year dropped them together as an album.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are panicking that this is just a single, especially on the subreddit - but let's face the facts:

- New outfits

- New website and social media redesign

- Full blown marketing campaign

This is only the beginning of an album era people! Let's enjoy the ride!

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, prco1994 said:

Some people are panicking that this is just a single, especially on the subreddit - but let's face the facts:

- New outfits

- New website and social media redesign

- Full blown marketing campaign

This is only the beginning of an album era people! Let's enjoy the ride!

Yes, totally agree. So excited!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just scrolled through the Coldplay store like a maniac, to see which items are new. I preordered the CD single (pity that there's no vinyl though), and the pink bracelet, only to find out after ordering that there was also a blue bracelet.. I don't even like the color pink, to be honest. Haha. But I like the coded language on it, so only "true fans" will recognize it 😉  When it comes to Coldplay, I go completely crazy!! 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some interesting info from the back of the CD. Writing credits in addition to Coldplay and Max Martin include names Vindver and Carite?
Co produced by Oscar Holter and Bill Rahko. Mixed by Serba Ghenea. Mix engineered by John Hanes, engineered by Michael Ilbert. Mastered by Randy Merrill at Sterling Sound
Also seems that For Love Choir who was include in Everyday Life is making appearance on Higher Power

Edited by CP-EST
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bauk said:

I have just scrolled through the Coldplay store like a maniac, to see which items are new. I preordered the CD single (pity that there's no vinyl though), and the pink bracelet, only to find out after ordering that there was also a blue bracelet.. I don't even like the color pink, to be honest. Haha. But I like the coded language on it, so only "true fans" will recognize it 😉  When it comes to Coldplay, I go completely crazy!! 

 

 

I ordered the CD and the Tee Shirt!

 

So excited for this new era!

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Captain Crieff said:

not the most surprising news but hey, new Coldplay single called Higher Power will be out on 7 May!

 

Hi all created a thread to discuss the single 

 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really excited about this new era!

What kind of sound do you think we'll hear for this single/album? I think we'll have a lot of synths and bass lines and with all that alien/space campaign it comes to my mind Daft Punk's Discovery and Interstella 5555 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Captain Crieff said:

not the most surprising news but hey, new Coldplay single called Higher Power will be out on 7 May!

 

Then we consider the clue with a Swedish man giving us a recipe solved as well! It's about Max Martin 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites

ALSO! I just remembered something

Remember when they announced ETIAW as a single? That was around May 2011, released June 2011, they didn't announce MX until a few months later with the release of Paradise and then the album release in November 2011.

This could be a similar scenario! Let's enjoy the ride of the new era everyone!

Crazy that this whole ETIAW announcement and release was 10 years ago almost to the day... wow! 

"it's like poetry, it rhymes" lol

  • Like 9
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tallerolder said:

any idea why it says "TBC" as album title and "SUPERNOVA" as Artist name if you open the link on amazon?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-29 um 17.44.12.png

Could TBC stand for To Be Confirmed? And Supernova is like a code name? 🤔 Or maybe they got it wrong...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • stephen changed the title to 🌍 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...