✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

The merch is making it seem as if Higher Power will be the name of the album. So Music of the Spheres may be a future album?

Or is HP just the lead single and MOTS will be the album? It's just a bit confusing to me since there is a lithograph and clothing with Higher Power, just like other merch will full album art on them.

Thoughts??

To come back to the symbols theory, I now fully buy into one of the early theories, which is that they represent the singles.

I believe 4 symbols represent the singles and 1 the album.

Firstly, they are pretty much the only aspect of this whole concept that we haven't really cracked. The codes we deciphered, the signals and messages...all of them referred either to Higher Power or to the Coldplay universe, so we had the necessary context and keys to understand. But we haven't been able to crack the symbols properly. That must be because we don't have the elements to read them properly, meaning that this is about future, not past content.

Then, the symbols are shown in different orders. But that could mean either order on the tracklist or in order of release, so itΒ  makes sense to have them appear in different orders.

Now as for the specific symbols:

- The spiral, as user @CP-ESTΒ has pointed out, could actually refer to the notion of a higher power. This signal is at the bottom of the 5 symbols list on the single cover art (suggesting it's the first single?)

- The atoms, the infinity sign, the triangles : 3 other singles.

- The sparks : the sparks have appeared in different ways on the content we have seen. But what's interesting is that the spark/star appears separate from the rest on the alienradio website. Like it's a different link than the 4 other ones. This leads me to be believe it could perhaps symbolize the album. Also on the single cover art, it's at the top of the list!

Anyway, probably stating the obvious but i feel i can see more clearly now :laugh3:Β 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ColdplayingMama said:

The merch is making it seem as if Higher Power will be the name of the album. So Music of the Spheres may be a future album?

Or is HP just the lead single and MOTS will be the album? It's just a bit confusing to me since there is a lithograph and clothing with Higher Power, just like other merch will full album art on them.

Thoughts??

The band just spent 2 years i think (or at least what feels like 2 years :laugh3:Β ) in a giant legal battle to be able to use MOTS on all sorts of merch and content. I believe that it has to be the album, or if it's not the album, then it's the tour. But Coldplay name their tour after their album....So it's gotta be it.

Clearly they have extremely high expectations for Higher Power and they want to use it as much as possible, hence all the merch.Β 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Coeurli said:

The band just spent 2 years i think (or at least what feels like 2 years :laugh3:Β ) in a giant legal battle to be able to use MOTS on all sorts of merch and content. I believe that it has to be the album, or if it's not the album, then it's the tour. But Coldplay name their tour after their album....So it's gotta be it.

Clearly they have extremely high expectations for Higher Power and they want to use it as much as possible, hence all the merch.Β 

Not entirely true, considering we've had the twisted logic tour, so it could be a very plausable theory.

• Like 5

So with the outfits it looks like it's gonna be like MX 2.0 - which is fine with me cause I would pick MX over AHFOD any day. Ha! But then Orphans was suppose to be on this album and that song doesn't quite fit with the theme does it? Lol.Β 

I'm personallyΒ hoping that this album would be sounding like the sounds of All I Think About is You and ALIENS - and even Midnight. It fits with the spacey theme the boys seem to be going for and it would be something I would be more interested in.Β 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Care 4

4 minutes ago, shred said:

So with the outfits it looks like it's gonna be like MX 2.0 - which is fine with me cause I would pick MX over AHFOD any day. Ha! But then Orphans was suppose to be on this album and that song doesn't quite fit with the theme does it? Lol.Β 

I'm personallyΒ hoping that this album would be sounding like the sounds of All I Think About is You and ALIENS - and even Midnight. It fits with the spacey theme the boys seem to be going for and it would be something I would be more interested in.Β 

my favorite off of kaleidoscope ep was All I Can Think About Is You. listen to that one every few days

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Who knows at this point. Like they said at the end of AHFOD tour: "From now on we're full of surprises". Maybe they've come up with a different or unusual format to releasing/promoting music. Personally loved the MX era because of all the colourfulΒ and vibrant shows, just like with AHFOD.Β 

8 minutes ago, shred said:

But then Orphans was suppose to be on this album and that song doesn't quite fit with the theme does it?

They do share the same producer though.Β Them saying it was written early 2020 sound like this certainly wasn't the first song they've written for this release.

Could it possibly be an album called "Higher Power, Music of The Spheres"

Or something like that, kind of like they did with "Viva La Vida or Death And All Of His Friends"

The album could also be called Higher Power with Music Of The Spheres being just a song on the album.

Or the album is called Music Of The Spheres and they just think Higher Power is great and want to promote it A LOT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldplaymakesmyday said:

Does anybody have any idea what Jon's jacket says here? Maybe it could be the titleΒ of a new song or something.Β :wacko:Β I think the last letter is a Kaotican H but it's a little hard to tell.Β 

1869334074_Screenshot2021-04-29at13_42_42.png.85ab2c01d3f199bdc268c72a85c80bf0.png

Β 

Good spot! Looks like its 90 degrees anti-clockwise and says HIGH. A single maybe, or a key word in a release song?

Edited by Ex&Why
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, coldplaymakesmyday said:

Does anybody have any idea what Jon's jacket says here? Maybe it could be the titleΒ of a new song or something.Β :wacko:Β I think the last letter is a Kaotican H but it's a little hard to tell.Β 

1869334074_Screenshot2021-04-29at13_42_42.png.85ab2c01d3f199bdc268c72a85c80bf0.png

Β 

His shirt reminds me of an Inverse Bullet Unicode symbol: (U+25D8) β—˜

It's really hard to tell though not enough clarity.

5 minutes ago, BerheavedTripod8 said:

They do share the same producer though.Β Them saying it was written early 2020 sound like this certainly wasn't the first song they've written for this release.

Sharing the same producer doesn't mean anything when the lyrics and sound of the song isn't spacey/alien-like in anyway. Haha.Β 

When they mentioned that Orphans was suppose to be in LP, I don't think anyone would have thought aliens would be involved in that album. ?

• Haha 1

These are just my opinions and theories:

I have to sayΒ that Higher Power doesn't feel like an album name at all. Music of the Spheres still seems to be the name for the whole project/LP9.Β Only rumours we have about the MOTS release date, refer for September release - so it's still a long way off and promoting Higher Power makes sense. Wasn't it the same with Mylo Xyloto? We had ETIEW release without any announcement of album, although there were big rumours about MX being the name of the album.

Β Symbol which most probably refers to MOTS is:Β image.png.a28e0c46ef367af60bccdb7364cb3c47.pngΒ 

Has anyone thought that the Alien Radio frequency screen actually reminds this symbol?

Also to go back to that photo in Everyday Life booklet, I guess I'm not the only one who can draw connections. I can't find the connection with triangle and rectangle though.

image.thumb.png.cb047abb204245a466a64cde67959101.png

Β 

Edited by CP-EST
  • Like 6

I agree with hamblingreen, hope Coldplay's sound for this album is similar to theΒ  Kaleidoscope EP with "All I Can Think About Is You".

I also wouldn't mind if they tossed in someΒ "Atlas", "Midnight", "Moving To Mars"Β vibes from their former songs.

We will see soon enough, don't want my expectations to overshadow my mind.Β 

• Like 4

Really strange how much promo and merchandise will come off Higher Power release. It has to be a powerful single, Max Martin as a producer is known for a couple of these.. ?

Given the lengths they went to to secure the usage of MOTS....Surely it'sΒ AT LEAST the name of the tour, but it might not be the name of the album as predicted.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

23 minutes ago, shred said:

Sharing the same producer doesn't mean anything when the lyrics and sound of the song isn't spacey/alien-like in anyway. Haha.Β 

When they mentioned that Orphans was suppose to be in LP, I don't think anyone would have thought aliens would be involved in that album. ?

You'd think so, but I think for quite a while now Coldplay has recognized/advocated about refugee issues and framed it around this alien theme. Look at A L I E N S - if you look at the actual lyrics, music video, and advocacy (end of the video calls for donations to Migrant Offshore Aid Station based in Malta, which aids Mediterranean refugees). Very similar themes about refugee issues in Daddy and Orphans, and recall Moving to Mars is named after the Mat Whitecross documentary about refugees. A lot of the refugee experiences is about landing in a foreign environment, literally being legally labeled as an "alien." And a lot of refugees want to go home but they can't because of ongoing conflict - the lyrics of Orphans and A L I E N S both get at the idea of wanting to go home. So in my mind this makes perfect sense - an album that tells a refugee story but through the palatable lens of space rock. This is an update on AROBTTH, an album about heartbreak and a little bit about war (Politik), dressed up in palatable alt piano rock. VLV is very much also an album about the Iraq/Afghanistan wars, but dressed up in a poppy uniform (speaking of poppies, I theorize that Prospekt's March/Poppyfields must have something to do with opium poppy production in Afghanistan).Β 

Edited by MosesTheMarshmallow
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

You'd think so, but I think for quite a while now Coldplay has recognized/advocated about refugee issues and framed it around this alien theme. Look at A L I E N S - if you look at the actual lyrics, music video, and advocacy (end of the video calls for donations to Migrant Offshore Aid Station based in Malta, which aids Mediterranean refugees). Very similar themes about refugee issues in Daddy and Orphans, and recall Moving to Mars is named after the Mat Whitecross documentary about refugees. A lot of the refugee experiences is about landing in a foreign environment, literally being legally labeled as an "alien." And a lot of refugees want to go home but they can't because of ongoing conflict - the lyrics of Orphans and A L I E N S both get at the idea of wanting to go home. So in my mind this makes perfect sense - an album that tells a refugee story but through the palatable lens of space rock. This is an update on AROBTTH, an album about heartbreak and a little bit about war (Politik), dressed up in palatable alt piano rock. VLV is very much also an album about the Iraq/Afghanistan wars, but dressed up in a poppy uniform (speaking of poppies, I theorize that Prospekt's March/Poppyfields must have something to do with opium poppy production in Afghanistan).Β 

Yes, I actually made the link between Orphans/aliens/refugees, whenΒ thinking about how Orphans would fit with LP9. But Orphans is quite literal lyrically - they talk about a girl from Damascus and describing peach/almond farms. Unlike ALIENS, however, where the lyrics are a bit ambiguous.Β 

All I'm saying that if I heard Orphans and you showed me the theme of LP9, I would not have put those two together. Lol.Β Β 

• Like 3

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021