🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

🌍 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

7 minutes ago, LVI56 said:

Seeing some of the industry reviews, they really expect this song to be a massive hit. I find it interesting how a band can write a song, and do all this promotion, under the assumption that the public will even like it, let alone expect it to be so huge it carries the band for months alone. I know there's so of a formula for making a pop hit, but to me it's still a huge gamble. Anyway, I really do hope this is a hit and a summer anthem. I know many fans don't like Pop Coldplay, but it's how the band stays relevant. Bring it on. My wallet is ready.

Max Martin is he producer. It’ll be huge !! 🙂

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys!!! Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In

LEAK  

My special edition CD came early...so it's just leaked inside my house 😀

Posted Images

i'm a self-proclaimed allplayer. oldplay? newplay? who cares! I'm just along for the variety. for instance, my two favorite albums are X&Y followed by AHFOD. an unconventional combo. as for assuming HP will be a big hit, it's a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy. If they hyped up, idk, Square One, as the biggest hit of 2005 rather than Fix You, then it definitely would've given it a better chance as a stadium classic. regardless of what this album becomes (and yes i agree with the theory that it'll be a pop-like album and go for big stadium hits again) i'll be equally excited.

• Like 5

The snippet above sounds really great to my mind! I find it catchy and easy to listen. I also want to dance and sing along to whole song so badly at the moment!

Edited by M Marks The Spot
5 minutes ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Did I just get a 80's vibe?

I felt that too!! Love how it sounds 😍

Have anyone here pre-ordered the cd single? Did you receive an email confirmation? I did the pre order yesterday but there’s nothing on my mail 😞

1 minute ago, Aiko said:

Have anyone here pre-ordered the cd single? Did you receive an email confirmation? I did the pre order yesterday but there’s nothing on my mail 😞

I did that too and haven't got any confirmation email either. I haven't ordered anything before from Coldplay store... I don't know what's going on?

Yeah, I'm a fan. I was skeptical with Max Martin producing, but this seems to be a very good mix of Coldplay and his pop-heavy style. If I had to guess, the singles will be dream pop, and I bet the other tracks are space rock (or in a similar vein).

I don't love the lyrics, but I knew that when the lyrics were first being teased. It's not a big deal. Really excited for next Friday.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, prco1994 said:

Does anyone also get 80s HLH on steroids? I'm getting MX vibes but like if MX was even better/what they wanted it to be

Well it's only 15 secs, but yeah there's a MX-feel to it as well as the 80's vibe I think.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, prco1994 said:

Does anyone also get 80s HLH on steroids? I'm getting MX vibes but like if MX was even better/what they wanted it to be

That's what I thought too. The production is much better than MX—that's always been my biggest complaint with MX, it sounds muddled—and it has that sort of eclectic energy HLH has. 

• Love 1

This is a proper dance song, will do phenomenal on tour surely......

some chords in the background btw very similar to the chorus of A L I E N S! 

1 minute ago, getithom said:

That's what I thought too. The production is much better than MX—that's always been my biggest complaint with MX, it sounds muddled—and it has that sort of eclectic energy HLH has. 

Exactly, if they manage to make what they would have wanted MX to be with Ghost Stories or EL level production I'll be pleased.

This is only 15 seconds but I am getting massive 80s vibes, good production so far which means now I'm not longer cautiously optimistic and just optimistic lol!

11 years after MX if they manage to make the Mecha-MX I'll cry tears of joy

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, prco1994 said:

Yes!! 😭❤️

7 minutes ago, CP-EST said:

I did that too and haven't got any confirmation email either. I haven't ordered anything before from Coldplay store... I don't know what's going on?

I Guess we just have to wait a couple of days for them to organize all the orders. I hope it’s that 🙏🏻

• Like 1

I love the vibe. It sounds really catchy 80s pop but with a real Coldplay signature! I bet there will be an awesome solo by JB somewhere near the end. So excited! 

• Like 5

Only a Jony Boy guitar solo can save this song that doesn't add anything new to the music.  It will only pretend to be a commercial success and nothing more.

• Like 1
  • stephen changed the title to 🌍 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021